VW News: Brand New 2015 Volkswagen TDI Models Back On Sale

If the Volkswagen diesel emission scandal hasn't swayed you from wanting one, then you'll be happy to hear Volkswagen will once again be able to sell brand-new 2015 model year TDI models. Green Car Reports says near 11,000 TDI models will soon be back up for sale once they are updated with new software, making them legal.

Volkswagen does caution those interested in picking up a new TDI to call their nearest dealership to see if they have any in stock.

But that's not all. Volkswagen is offering some massive discounts on these models. CarsDirect reports that Volkswagen is offering 0% APR for up to 72 months and $5,000 cash bonus if you decide to buy. Interested in leasing one? Volkswagen will offer a cash bonus of $8,500. 

There are a couple of caveats to this offer. First, you need to have an excellent credit history to qualify for either offer. Second is that Volkswagen isn't advertising this offer.

"We will not be advertising the available incentives from our financing arm as they [sic] vehicle availability will vary per dealership," said Volkswagen spokeswoman Jeannine Ginivan.

Source: Green Car Reports, CarsDirect

View full article

So by word of mouth they will dump the Diesels on the market and call it good. Good offers if you can find one that meets your needs. Wonder where the bulk of the diesels are?

52 minutes ago, dfelt said:

So by word of mouth they will dump the Diesels on the market and call it good. Good offers if you can find one that meets your needs. Wonder where the bulk of the diesels are?

I just checked autotrader and I didn't see anything available yet. I see the golf wagons that are TDI's but I feel like they have been there for awhile...

On 4/20/2017 at 2:22 PM, dfelt said:

From what I gathered, Boston/ New York area.

And most will not be selling for those prices.....we have a local one here that is only a grand off MSRP.......

15 hours ago, daves87rs said:

From what I gathered, Boston/ New York area.

And most will not be selling for those prices.....we have a local one here that is only a grand off MSRP.......

:huh: That makes no sense considering they are a couple years old and have been sitting. Nope if they want me to consider buying one, then 10K off to start.

• Agree 1

On 4/22/2017 at 2:35 PM, dfelt said:

:huh: That makes no sense considering they are a couple years old and have been sitting. Nope if they want me to consider buying one, then 10K off to start.

Oh, I'd totally agree....they need quite the markdown to get me to even think about it.....

But I get the feeling dealerships will take advantage though....

27 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I wouldn't mind a nicely loaded Passat TDI for those deals.

Right color, right price could talk me into one.....8)

• Agree 1

My friend Aaron got a very good deal on a 2015 TDI wagon.  I still miss mine, sold it back about 7 weeks ago.

It got 58 Miles per gallon on a highway trip right before I sold it back...

As far as the older TDI's go, a bunch have been coming through flattened on flat bed trucks at a towing lot near my daughters school. TDI Cup Jetta, Beetle Covnertible, several other interesting older Vee dubs flat as a pancake...

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

My friend Aaron got a very good deal on a 2015 TDI wagon.  I still miss mine, sold it back about 7 weeks ago.

As far as the older TDI's go, a bunch have been coming through flattened on flat bed trucks at a towing lot near my daughters school. TDI Cup Jetta, Beetle Covnertible, several other interesting older Vee dubs flat as a pancake...

Ya mean they actually crushed them? Wonder if they were models that could not be fixed cheaply.

52 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Ya mean they actually crushed them? Wonder if they were models that could not be fixed cheaply.

None of the first gen models have the ad Blue and will not be able to be repaired easily.  methinks VW may well crush up to about half of what it is buying back...they are not going to fix and resell a car that is 7 year sold with 100,000 plus miles on it.

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

None of the first gen models have the ad Blue and will not be able to be repaired easily.  methinks VW may well crush up to about half of what it is buying back...they are not going to fix and resell a car that is 7 year sold with 100,000 plus miles on it.

Interesting, yea I would agree that if an auto has 100K miles on it and needs more than a software flash upgrade, it is not worth it so recycle the auto.

Just now, dfelt said:

Interesting, yea I would agree that if an auto has 100K miles on it and needs more than a software flash upgrade, it is not worth it so recycle the auto.

The last thing VW needs right now is more legal liability.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

That makes me quite sad.......

• 2 weeks later...

Back on topic, I know of several people who have bought these new 2015's.  My wife brought up finding a 2015 TDI Beetle manual for her to drive, i may look at one...still wildly unsure of what I want to replace the Jetta with.

20 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Back on topic, I know of several people who have bought these new 2015's.  My wife brought up finding a 2015 TDI Beetle manual for her to drive, i may look at one...still wildly unsure of what I want to replace the Jetta with.

I'll be test driving a Cruze Diesel Manual on May 18th. 

7 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I'll be test driving a Cruze Diesel Manual on May 18th. 

I will be interested in your feedback,w e drove a gasser Cruze and liked it a good bit, but would like something sportier.

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I will be interested in your feedback,w e drove a gasser Cruze and liked it a good bit, but would like something sportier.

Ah okay. I thought you were looking for as close to a Jetta TDI replacement as possible. 

14 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Ah okay. I thought you were looking for as close to a Jetta TDI replacement as possible. 

I have no idea what I want...but the Cruze diesel is on my list.