May Car Spotter Thread

1 hour ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Took a stroll in my office parking garage, spotted a new Equinox.  Didn't realize these were out yet.  Looks good. 

IMG_1997.JPG

Yes it does....had two fer on Monday (yesterday) of sorts...saw an Impala LTZ with a cranberry exterior and a saddle-ish interior, very nice color combo...and then a few minutes alter saw a mid 1970's Monte Carlo with a very similar color combo.

Haven't really been partaking in these, but I've seen a white 991 GT3 and Mantis Green McLaren 675 LT every day on my way to work and back for about the past month and a half. The GT3 is owned by the owner of the Dent Wizard they are parked at, and the McLaren belongs to friend. 

We sold a completely blacked out 488 to one of our customers a few weeks back. It was stunning. And speaking of Bentaygas, we are supposed to be getting one in the next few weeks. 

All this week I will be at our Dell EMC World 2017 Tradeshow, last two days settings up. This year we have some auto's at the show.

BMW has a booth all about Technology and their showcase piece is the BMW i8.

20170507_122638.jpg

Jaguar has a booth this year, they have the iConcept EV which was not unloaded yet and the F-pace awd.

20170507_161401.jpg

20170507_161339.jpg

Final is the bad ass truck from Alienware that features their VM setups.

20170507_130753.jpg

• Agree 1

Took a look at another '66 Toro with my buddy who's lusted after these since he was 12.
Drove nice, was deceptively quick, interior very nice.
However, squeaky suspension, front end was on a right-to-left tilt, brakes were weak.
Headlight vacuum system missing, unique turn signal switch missing.
Too many red flags, too much bondo (tho the paint was very nice) for $9500. Another pass.

Toro2.jpg

Edited by balthazar
  • Agree 2

On the 480 freeway south east of Cleveland Friday afternoon during rush hour traffic I saw a very clean black and yellow '55 Olds 98 4dr ht.   As I was approaching it, I expected to see an elderly driver but the driver looked like he couldn't have been over 20...wearing a high school varsity jacket.  Looked like he just driven it off a 1955 movie set.   

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Saw a heavily camoflaged '18 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited here in a mall parking lot in central Phoenix this afternoon..

Shoot first (pics), ask questions later.

On 5/14/2017 at 10:35 AM, balthazar said:

Model T project vehicle :

Picture0513171614_1.jpg

That'll buff right out.

I didn't take pics as it had the same appearance as the one seen on Autoscoops and other sites.  Black and white pattern camo, black around door handles, front and rear diapers.  Not much to see. 

Looked just like this:

https://goo.gl/images/nsgqJ5

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

On 5/14/2017 at 10:35 AM, balthazar said:

Picture0513171614_1.jpg

Would be right at home in the rolling junkyards of rural Ohio as is...

21 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Saw a heavily camoflaged '18 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited here in a mall parking lot in central Phoenix this afternoon..

Ohhhhh.....

Vintage American Muscle cars have pretty much disappeared from the roads around Columbus, even on weekends. Saw my 8th vintage American muscle car since January out and about, 68 Mustang convertible, white on red...

On 5/14/2017 at 7:35 AM, balthazar said:

Picture0513171614_1.jpg

Is this not pretty much most of the mid west? Heck I know riding the train from Chicago to Seattle you see a ton of auto's lined up in the fields that the train runs parallel too. Crazy, so many projects and not enough time.

Saw a bunch of new auto's over the weekend and was surprised to see so many new Power Wagons at the dealership. They just got them in and were not prepped yet for the lot, but covered in white plastic. Sunburst orange sure was popular for the trucks or at least the person that ordered them up.