Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

A "Would You Rather" Thread - 2015 Audi S4 or a 2005 Dodge Charger SRT8

So...my neighbour 3 houses down to the left of me honks his horn in front of my house yesterday. He sees that I dont react so he rings the doorbell. I answer in my PJs (track pants and T-Shirt) just to see him smile.

I say to him: "Hi! So...wha sup)

Giggling like a school girl he says hi and points outside.

(although the pic below aint an S4, this is what I see...a black Audi! Similar mags and tinted!)

CIMG0350.jpg

All of a sudden, I started giggling like a school girl myself and gave him several high fives.

He just bought it, used....a 2015 S4. It is slightly modified on the exterior from the previous owner.

The front end and grille resembles the pic below (without the red side mirrors, his mirrors are all black)

audi-s4-5.jpg

with the rest of the car looking like that too (without the red side mirrors, and the wheels are not as deep and the tires not as wide)

Its a good representation of how he bought it.

Audi-S4-On-Signature-Series-R10-By-Stras

WP_20150402_006.jpg

About 50 000 miles on the odometer.

My other neighbour on the opposite side to the front of me 3 houses down is the original owner of a 2005 Dodge Charger SRT8. That car is also black!

About 120 000 miles on his odometer, but such a clean ride. He takes care of it, washes it every 3rd day and drives it like a grandma. He is my age. 44 years old. He is also Greek!

He just has tints on his car.

This is a  very good representation of his  car

90cb4314444850a3fb079cafc8af7dde.jpg

2009DodgeChargerSRT802.jpg

So....what fire breathing daily driver would you rather have in this week's edition of A "Would You Rather" thread?

This one is actually hard for me to choose.

425 horsepower V8 as a daily driver in Quebec is a very costly affair...

On the other hand, a small Audi is not my cup of tea for a daily driver...

Ill choose right after I come home from my daughter's softball practice.

Im assistant coach for my son's baseball and my daughter's softball teams this year!!!!  YAY!!!

I'd take a 2015 Charger SRT-8.  2005 would be too old for a daily (too many years and miles). I wouldn't touch the Audi without an extended warranty. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

While Audi has had some interesting rides, I have never had the passion of WOW, I want one to drive.

I would take between the two you posted the high mileage SRT8 since I can work on it myself when things start going south.

Like Cubical, I would rather have a couple years old model of the SRT8.

Yes....that is my beef too with the SRT8.  It is an older car with some mileage. But it is pampered. I know those miles were not hard driven. The only problem he has had with it was a brake issue 3-4 years into the ownership of his car.

With that being said, surprisingly, Id take the Audi S4.

Its the gasoline that would kill me as a daily. Yes, the thread is about these cars being daily drivers as that is how these real owners of the cars use them.   Had the thread been them being week-end cars, Id take the big, black Dodge!

72464e6ffd28a4a571041f1970d7c876.jpg?asp

Audis are pretty sweet.  I love their interiors.  A buddy of mine bought a '13 A7 as a CPO last year after his low mileage '02 Maxima was totaled from a Colorado hail storm.  The A5 and A7 are my favorite Audis, but as with any used luxury car, I wouldn't want one out of warranty.  No more old money pits for H-Cube.  

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Agree 1

2015 S4, not even close (or fair comparison, haha). Those old Chargers are trash. It's like asking would you rather have a 2015 Focus ST or a Cobalt SS Turbo. There's so little reason to get the much older car. The only thing the Charger has is the intoxicating V8, and maybe the seats. S4 clobbers it in interior, performance, and handling.

On 2017-05-31 at 5:37 PM, cp-the-nerd said:

2015 S4, not even close (or fair comparison, haha). Those old Chargers are trash. It's like asking would you rather have a 2015 Focus ST or a Cobalt SS Turbo. There's so little reason to get the much older car. The only thing the Charger has is the intoxicating V8, and maybe the seats. S4 clobbers it in interior, performance, and handling.

Its the size that I was hesitant about!

I like them....BIG!  Big and...um (clears throat)...black!

Well, both cars are black! :D

Enough of those shenanigans, I chose the S4 for the very same reasons and disliked the Charger for those very same reasons while I also LOVE that  V8. But in the end, high gas prices (in Quebec) and it having a very cheap interior for those years did the Charger in for me!

@Frisky Dingo

@A Horse With No Name

I read your posts in the Ford RS thread and realized you guys need to have another  "A Would You Rather" thread in your lives!

This one was buried fast with the sales threads that came out!

ENJOY!

• Agree 1

On 5/31/2017 at 5:37 PM, cp-the-nerd said:

My vote....

Oh, jeez. 

S4 by about as big of a margin as there could possibly be. I'd take a FWD 1.8T A3 over that Charger all day, every day.

That gen was just utter trash. Awful steering, awful handling, awful interior, awful tech, awful build quality, and not even that fast.

On 6/3/2017 at 10:22 AM, Frisky Dingo said:

Oh, jeez. 

S4 by about as big of a margin as there could possibly be. I'd take a FWD 1.8T A3 over that Charger all day, every day.

That gen was just utter trash. Awful steering, awful handling, awful interior, awful tech, awful build quality, and not even that fast.

I would up vote this post by about ten thousand if I could....could not agree more....

I'm not even that big a fan of the Audi... but I'd go with the Audi by a country mile.

My biggest hangup is the interior of the Dodge.  I have in the past tried really hard to like the Magnum SRT, but I just Could. Not. Do. that interior.  Put a 2015 Charger interior in a Magnum and I might have been convinced. 

29 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I'm not even that big a fan of the Audi... but I'd go with the Audi by a country mile.

My biggest hangup is the interior of the Dodge.  I have in the past tried really hard to like the Magnum SRT, but I just Could. Not. Do. that interior.  Put a 2015 Charger interior in a Magnum and I might have been convinced. 

Even then the details are not as nice as say the 2015 SS or other cars in that bracket.