June 2017: Volkswagen of America

VOLKSWAGEN OF AMERICA REPORTS JUNE 2017 SALES RESULTS

• June sales totaled 27,377 units, an increase of 15 percent over June 2016
  • Year-to-date sales totaled 161,238, an increase of 8.2 percent over year-to-date 2016
  • Sales of all-new Atlas totaled 2,413 units

Herndon, VA — (July 3, 2017) Volkswagen of America, Inc. (VWoA) today reported sales of 27,377 units delivered in June 2017, a 15 percent increase over June 2016. With 161,238 units delivered year-to-date in 2017, the company is reporting an increase of 8.2 percent in year-over-year sales.

June 2017 also marks the first full month of sales for the all-new, Chattanooga, Tenn.-built Atlas. Sales of the vehicle continue to grow as deliveries totaled 2,413 units. The all-new Tiguan will be available later this summer.

June 2017 Sales

June 17

June 16

Yr/Yr% change

June 17  YTD

June 16 YTD

Yr/Yr% change

Golf

27.1%

17.9%

GTI

-16.7%

-1.1%

Golf R

-24.5%

-9.5%

e-Golf

-6.5%

29.7%

Golf SportWagen

139.6%

200.7%

Total Golf Family

27.7%

45.3%

Jetta Sedan

16.1%

-4.8%

Jetta SportWagen       (now Golf SportWagen)

n/a  

-100.0%

n/a     

-100.0%

Total Jetta

16.0%

-4.8%

Beetle Coupe

39.2%

34.5%

Beetle Convertible

49.2%

25.1%

Total Beetle

43.6%

30.2%

Eos*

n/a     

n/a     

n/a  

-99.7%

Passat

-12.1%

7.1%

CC

-41.7%

-45.3%

Tiguan

-43.0%

-17.5%

Touareg

51.4%

-26.0%

Atlas

n/a  

n/a  

n/a  

n/a  

TOTAL

15.0%

8.20%

*Eos production ended in July 2015

I am really surprised to see such a sales gain. Seems Diesel Gate is helping them more than hurting them. Weird

The Atlas and Tiguan will drive growth.  They could get another crossover under Tiguan.  Hard to get any sales momentum with hatchbacks and small sedans, that is why VW h as struggled for so long.  And Audi keeps growing because they have 5 or 6 crossovers .

VW struggles because of reliability issues and building outside their comfort zone (pricing). VW struggles to move upmarket meanwhile audi marches downmarket- who do you expect to win out in the overlap arena?

Audi thrives because they build off of VW bits / engines and therefore see a much higher profit margin.
Audi's car are sinking fast, tho...

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 11:18 AM, A Horse With No Name said:

Interesting that Beetle sales are up!

Again, glad to see them do well.

It has been up month over month for a while now.  i wonder if the death of the 2 door golf is helping. 

22 hours ago, balthazar said:

VW struggles because of reliability issues and building outside their comfort zone (pricing). VW struggles to move upmarket meanwhile audi marches downmarket- who do you expect to win out in the overlap arena?

Audi thrives because they build off of VW bits / engines and therefore see a much higher profit margin.
Audi's car are sinking fast, tho...

Honestly, if VW could get the reliability and quality under control, i would be a VW fanboy. 

38 minutes ago, Stew said:

It has been up month over month for a while now.  i wonder if the death of the 2 door golf is helping. 

Honestly, if VW could get the reliability and quality under control, i would be a VW fanboy. 

I think they are working on it, the new MK 7 Golf/GTI/R is a huge improvement over the previous car.

GTI and Miata are still at the top of the list for replacing the aging MINI when the Beetle is paid for.

Jetta has been in production so long in its current itineration that most of the bugs ahve been worked out, much like the old W body Impala.

Passat, like Jetta has most of the bugs worked out.

Beetle is a fantastic car for my wife and daughters, they are very happy with it, but I will be the first to admit it is a dated platform VW has let rot on the vine a bit-

Stew-can relate to your love of Honda, saw a dark blue Civic Type R the other day on the road as I was going home....I take back what I said earlier...I would take a Civic Type R over a Mustang GT I think.

46 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I think they are working on it, the new MK 7 Golf/GTI/R is a huge improvement over the previous car.

GTI and Miata are still at the top of the list for replacing the aging MINI when the Beetle is paid for.

Jetta has been in production so long in its current itineration that most of the bugs ahve been worked out, much like the old W body Impala.

Passat, like Jetta has most of the bugs worked out.

Beetle is a fantastic car for my wife and daughters, they are very happy with it, but I will be the first to admit it is a dated platform VW has let rot on the vine a bit-

Stew-can relate to your love of Honda, saw a dark blue Civic Type R the other day on the road as I was going home....I take back what I said earlier...I would take a Civic Type R over a Mustang GT I think.

I really like the Arteon and am hoping for huge improvements there as it could be a replacement for the Camry in a few years, if the new XSE/V6 doesn't end up blowing me away. 

I love the Golf GTi and R.  I hope we see an MQB beetle, but don't see how they could really improve much on the interior and exterior styling.  i have felt the current model really was the best representation of the original Beetle since it came out for 12.

The Type looks so much better in person than pictures i think.  The details really have to be seen to really come together. 

1 hour ago, Stew said:

I really like the Arteon and am hoping for huge improvements there as it could be a replacement for the Camry in a few years, if the new XSE/V6 doesn't end up blowing me away. 

I love the Golf GTi and R.  I hope we see an MQB beetle, but don't see how they could really improve much on the interior and exterior styling.  i have felt the current model really was the best representation of the original Beetle since it came out for 12.

The Type looks so much better in person than pictures i think.  The details really have to be seen to really come together. 

Agree completely with everything you say....

Especially seeing the Type R in person.

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings