August Car Spotter's Thread

30 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Saw a Chevy City Express van up close for the first time today...fencing contractor showed up in a red one.   

You coulda just gone to the Nissan dealership.. :P

Apparently "The Best or Nissan" works for both Chevy and Benz.

• Haha 1

2017-Chevrolet-Silverado-Z71.jpg

Saw a New Silverado Z71 red just like this one from the auto show and from the Back, I am thinking awesome OEM lift, great departure angle, nice clean and clear for offroading and then I get up by the front and all I can think is WTF GM!

That stupid Airdam just destroys any approach angle. They should NOT have that stupid plastic piece on the bumper and instead should have light weight strong plastic panels underneath to smooth the airflow. What a joke that they do that. It is a freakin truck designed for off road, not sipping fuel. :nono:

2 hours ago, dfelt said:

2017-Chevrolet-Silverado-Z71.jpg

Saw a New Silverado Z71 red just like this one from the auto show and from the Back, I am thinking awesome OEM lift, great departure angle, nice clean and clear for offroading and then I get up by the front and all I can think is WTF GM!

That stupid Airdam just destroys any approach angle. They should NOT have that stupid plastic piece on the bumper and instead should have light weight strong plastic panels underneath to smooth the airflow. What a joke that they do that. It is a freakin truck designed for off road, not sipping fuel. :nono:

Well... that's not a Z71.. the Z71s have the body color grille which completely changes the appeal for me.  I don't like the huge chrome grille on the non-Z71 models.  The air dam is easy to remove. @ocnblu had his off before it left the dealership.

5 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Well... that's not a Z71.. the Z71s have the body color grille which completely changes the appeal for me.  I don't like the huge chrome grille on the non-Z71 models.  The air dam is easy to remove. @ocnblu had his off before it left the dealership.

True, but it was the best picture I could find showing the difference from rear to front. I agree that air damn is crazy silly. Ocnblu did the right thing removing it.

6 hours ago, balthazar said:

'89 Grand Prix SE, minty shape, big bolstered saddle buckets. It was smaller than the Accord next to it.

pic89GP.jpg

WOW!!!

I just never realized that the Accord grew to be that big. (and I own a 2012 Acura TL) (and I also owned a 2005 Impala just before the TL)

That era W-Body was not that small to begin with either....

Edited by oldshurst442

25 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Maybe it was the height difference. Looked quick at numbers, circa '06 Accord is 191", GP was 193", but it's over 4 inches lower. Maybe that what gave the impression, that and lower cowl/trunk. Accord looked fat.

Yes fat. I agree with that description. I always say the TL is bulky. (another way of saying fat, right?)

The W-Bodies of any brand and era are more of the better proportioned FWD cars to ever being produced in my opinion. They were always more or less sleeker than the competition making them look smaller than they really are.  Yes its true, the Accord too was a sleek little car in the 1980s to the 1990s, but since that year model in your pic...it has lost its sportiness and has become quite fat. I think the 2000s to now Accord is closer to the Chevy Celebrity in size and length rather than a W-Body (minus the Buick Century of the mid 1990s) it has grown in size, but it does not wear its girth too good.

There are 2 reasons why I LOVE my Acura:

1. It does NOT look like any other  car sold.

2. Its got funky lines that go all triangle like making me think I pilot the Stealth fighter. But I definitely think my car is thick at the waist line and is NOT a looker by any means.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

LOL dude that's a Ridgeline.  But I can understand confusing it with an Accord I guess.

On the left side of the photo (pointy headlight) is an Accord....Ridgeline is on the right..

• Haha 2