Hyundai News:Hyundai is Going Forward with Tucson N

William Maley

Auto Express had the chance to speak with Byung Kwon Rhim, Hyundai's global head of sales at the reveal of the 2019 Santa Fe last week. The topic of the N performance division came up and Auto Express asked if there are plans for expansion.

"Tucson is under development, and other models will come after that,” Rhim said.

We first heard about a fast Tucson last May when the head of N, Albert Biermann expressed interest in building one.

"We started with the [i30] C segment and the Fastback [coupe] will follow and we are already working on some other concepts for the B segment [Accent] and SUV also. Right now we are open," said Biermann.

Auto Express thinks the Tucson N could debut sometime in 2019. It may feature the 275 horsepower, 2.0L turbocharged four-cylinder found under the hoods of the i30 N and upcoming Veloster N

Source: Auto Express

View full article

14 minutes ago, dfelt said:

COOL, Hopefully Chevy will bring back the Trailblazer and have an updated SS AWD version. I love mine.

Well, the Chevy equiv would be the Equinox.  If they did an RS or SS version with an uprated 2.0T like the new Envision and maybe some sportier suspension. 

• Like 1

I think a turbo 4 is a great idea, and 275 hp is a good amount but it isn' like it is going to turn a Tuscon into a sports car, any top trim Cam-Cord has that much power.  So I think a decent number of people would want that much power, but I don't how how that makes it an "N" performance car.  I still don't know what "N" means, why can't it just be called Sport or Turbo or something.

15 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

I think a turbo 4 is a great idea, and 275 hp is a good amount but it isn' like it is going to turn a Tuscon into a sports car, any top trim Cam-Cord has that much power.  So I think a decent number of people would want that much power, but I don't how how that makes it an "N" performance car.  I still don't know what "N" means, why can't it just be called Sport or Turbo or something.

Because N is more than just a turbo engine. From the Hyundai I30 N:

"Under the skin, Hyundai has added an adaptive suspension to change ride and handling characteristics to suit your mood along with new brakes. An electronic limited-slip differential, larger brakes, Pirelli P-Zero tires, and a variable exhaust system come with the Performance Pack."

Definitely more than just turbo...

• Agree 1