2018 vs 2019 Chevrolet

ccap41

I don't know what's going on over at Chevy but everything they've released looks worse than what they have out right now. The Malibu and Cruze less so but the Silverado and Camaro look so much worse. 

What the hell, Chevy?!?

2018 Cruze.jpg

2019 Cruze.jpg

2018 Malibu.jpg

2019 Malibu.jpg

2018 Camaro SS.jpg

2019 Camaro SS.jpg

2019 Camaro.jpg

2018 Silverado.jpg

2019 Silverado.jpg

I'm almost always in favor of the newest versions of things but these Chevys aren't doing it for me. 

• Agree 1

I almost always tend to feel the outgoing models look better, tho this comparison is a mixed bag for me.
Cruze looks better, Malibu looks worse.
Camaro - I like the blue '19 about the same as the '18. Silver convert looks worse.
I'm still out on the Silverado. I want to say I really like the '19, but I still need to see it in person/motion to be sure of what's going on. I don't find the '18 particularly striking, tho., in fact it's been a great while since I can say the SIlverado 'is beautiful'.

Solid updates on all fronts.  :AH-HA:

The Camaro looks great, I like the homage to the split bumper 1970 1/2 model in the SS.  I wish the color palette were a little more varied, but I do love the featured color, Riverside Blue.  The LT and LT/RS look good too, with the taller upper grille.

I want to see the Cruze in Caribbean Blue and Oakwood Metallic.  The new details are sort of surgical in their precision, they transform the car in a subtle way.  Truly sad that a manual will no longer be available, especially in the diesel model.

On the Malibu, I like the addition of an RS.  I am also thankful that the jagged angles of the lower front bumper have been banished for 2019.  Totally against the use of CVT though.

Would LOVE to see a Cruze or Malibu coupe.

Of course we've gone over the new Silverado at lemf here.  The current truck looks like a cardboard box compared to the new one.  So much more character on the '19, so much more like a rock.  A WT shortbed reg cab 4X4, in all its simple robust glory, would be a great addition to my list of owned vehicles.  The base model truck hasn't had this much love from Chevy since the WT first debuted with a demonstration of the special grille's toughness v. a sledgehammer.

Well done, Chevrolet.

Edited by ocnblu

The vehicles themselves have received fantastic updates both inside and under the hoods but they pulled a Toyota and made drastic styling changes just to make styling changes, I feel. 

i don't feel like they added "character" as much as just making absurd lines and cuts that don't mesh with..anything.. 

Just now, ocnblu said:

Luckily in this case they're a home run, eh?

More like a... little soft grounder and the 2nd baseman casually throws you...out!

Image result for soft ground out to first

or swing and a miss.  

Image result for swing and a miss baseball gif

and in this case...swing like a loser and get your buddy out anyway...its that bad!

Related image

Or get caught looking in disbelief, called 3rd strike...YER OUT!

Image result for caught looking strike 3 gif

• Agree 1

Before any baseball purist has my head for me calling that dude swinging on an outside pitch a loser...( swing like a loser is how I put it actually) 

Yes. Yes. He was protecting the hit and run play. I know that!  Its the imagery I want to showcase how I feel about some of those 2019 Chevy refreshes...since Mr. Blu opened up the door for me to give my opinion on the matter. 

Different games...but I imagine the situation in the first GIF is the same...

Edited by oldshurst442

16 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Before you were born, annual styling changes were the norm.  Forgive us fogeys the occasional bone as we celebrate even the tiniest facelift on an automobile.

I'm good with styling changes but I'm not good with ugly ones. 

The entire internet is ripping apart the new Camaro. Your the first person to say it doesn't look like complete ass. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I'm good with styling changes but I'm not good with ugly ones. 

The entire internet is ripping apart the new Camaro. Your the first person to say it doesn't look like complete ass. 

5 hours ago, dfelt said:

2019 Camaro is ASS and like Honda had to do a 6 month refresh, I suspect Chevy will have to do the same! Terrible :nono:

We have to have a proper definition of ass...because if the definition of ass is this:

Image result for lexy panterra gif

Then that would be a good thing...

Image result for I approve gif

However, when it comes to the 2019 Camaro refresh...I believe swamp ass or plumber butt is what we are referring to....

Related image

Related image

• Agree 1

On 4/13/2018 at 10:37 PM, balthazar said:

I think this, tho arguably convoluted up front, looks very enticing IMO. It just so unconventional.

2018-silverado-updates-01.png

Well it's not a COE, so I do believe that means it's "conventional".  ;)

Edited by ocnblu
  • Agree 1