Camaro & Mustang EV CUV POLL  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Thoughts on an EV CUV Camaro / Mustang?

• Like the Camaro
    • Like the Mustang
    • Like them both
    • Makes me Puke, hate em

Camaro or Mustang EV CUV?

We have heard from Ford that an EV auto will be part of their auto lineup and that a Mustang AWD EV could be part of that lineup. Ford also stated that the mustang name could make it onto a CUV or at least something other than the traditional 2 door pony car. They have pretty much stated that this would be a Mach1 Mustang Based EV SUV.

Fast forward a few month to the Chevrolet Dealership meeting where many things were shown off to them and slipping out to a forum from an attendee was that they were shown a performance EV crossover with similarity to a Camaro. 

Is GM following Ford and planning to have a Performance Camaro CUV?

Pulling from Motor1 and thoughts from InsideEV we end up with the following potential CUV like versions of a Camaro & Mustang.

camaro-electric-cuv.jpg

ford-mustang-suv-EV.jpg

Seems 2020 is going to be an exciting EV year with options that many never had before in their lifetime.

What are your thoughts on these potential EV Concepts / Production versions?

InsideEV Story

Motor1 Camaro Story

Motor1 Mustang Story

14 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Madness.. keep the Mustang and Camaro as they are.   If they want to make sporty SUVs/CUVs, create some new identities. 

I would agree with you that they are not grand or perfect, but since both Ford and Chevrolet seem to feel they need an EV version for their pony lines and it needs to be a CUV, I can see why they are doing it to capture and retain their customers.

Remember, some peeps here have said Corvette needs a CUV version too.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, dfelt said:

I would agree with you that they are not grand or perfect, but since both Ford and Chevrolet seem to feel they need an EV version for their pony lines and it needs to be a CUV, I can see why they are doing it to capture and retain their customers.

Remember, some peeps here have said Corvette needs a CUV version too.

Well...I have said that Corvette needs to be a brand on its own. Which in turn, means that a Corvette CUV is necessary, as part of a brand...

About the proposal above concerning Mustang and Camaro:

NO!

I wouldn't mind a Mustang and Camaro being 100% electric sometime in the (near) future (maybe?)...as 2 door sporty cars...just as they are now, but with electric motors and batteries.

I wouldn't mind AWD either. Actually, I wouldn't mind AWD now! Both top Mustangs and Camaros have upwards (or will have for the Mustang soon)  of 650 horsepower and 650 ft.lbs . of torque.  AWD will benefit them. OK, maybe not as weight may be an issue. 

As long as Mustang and Camaro stay true to their original purpose, for me, what powers them is irrelevant.

If GM and FoMoCo need sporty CUVs to peddle, Im sure they could find a way to engineer, market and sell a new product and create new brand identity with said new vehicle.

Does that mean the death of 2 door sporty cars if in the future people wont be buying them which in turn will make Mustang and Camaro nameplates disappear?

Sure!

But what is the point of slapping the name Mustang or Camaro on a product and that particular product is the exact opposite of what Mustang's and Camaro's original purpose was?  If that is the case,  the original purpose to Mustang and Camaro is clearly dead...so clinging on to names just for the sake of the names is useless...

Marketing  should find a way to make Mustang and Camaro...AS 2 DOOR SPORTS CARS RELEVANT IN ANY FUTURE!!!

Marketing should also find a way to create NEW brands to be as iconic as Mustang and Camaro in the future as well as sporty CUVs...

Engineering should take care of business to make all that happen!

Given Ford's announcement yesterday, these definitely seem more likely down the road.   It wouldn't surprise me if GM re-thinks the mid engine Corvette idea and instead focuses on a Corvette CUV.   Strange days...

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Like 1

Probably sitting in your EV Camaro SUV..

On 4/26/2018 at 6:22 AM, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Given Ford's announcement yesterday, these definitely seem more likely down the road.   It wouldn't surprise me if GM re-thinks the mid engine Corvette idea and instead focuses on a Corvette CUV.   Strange days...

Hasn't Ford hinted at a Mach 1 branded EV CUV? 

I hate that they're using that name for a CUV and not a Mustang trim. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...