Cool Cars Your neighbours own?

I thought this would create a good conversation. What cool/interesting/or special cars do your neighbours own. The one's that make you watch in awe as they drive by your house. For me, my new neighbour just moved in across the street. He drives a 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS in gold and the people beside him drive a 1970 GTO. It just sits in their garage under a pile of toys, etc.

Surprisingly, we have a good number of petrolheads on our street...

Blue Mini Cooper S, White 530i, Red 330i ZHP - this guy is a detail fanatic; his Mini is parked outside, but it's always flawless

Silver M5, Blue Magnum R/T - you have to love cars to own two RWD V8s; the wife drives and washes the M5, and there's just something cool about a middle-aged woman driving a manual 400-hp car.

Red Mini Cooper convertible, grey Golf, yellow M3 sedan - they're all automatics, sadly, but at least they have an enthusiast's taste of cars, not Camrys

Blue Audi S4, grey A4 wagon - this guy works for an Audi tuning company

In my old neighborhood, the guy across the street from me owned a 1995 Buick Regal Limited in pristine condition. A few houses down, an older man had a 1991 Cadillac Sedan DeVille also in exemplary shape.

To me, taking care of your car is way cool.

Where I live now, notsomuch. Between the Daewoo with no wheel covers and the Mazda3 with a fartcan tip, I'm more impressed with my own driveway.

In my old neighborhood, the guy across the street from me owned a 1995 Buick Regal Limited in pristine condition.

To me, taking care of your car is way cool.

I have the coolest car, IMHO, much like the one above. J/K.

Nothing that I covet, that's for sure. I can think of the following:

- Buick Roadmaster

- Hummer H3

- Dodge Ram truck (BARF)

- Toyota Prius

- Nissan Pathfinder

- Buick Rendezvous

- mid to late 90s FB Trans Am (white) (that's probably the only one of the above I would like)

Some kind of 60s Porsche roadster

a Comet in pretty nice condition

04 Escalade ESV w/22" rims

02 Suburban LT 2500 (one of the only 2500s I see)

A riced-out Honda del Sol

we have a 78 Datsun truck w/a camper in the bed that we're going to sell soon

My cousins outside of Harrisburg PA have this gorgeous black Bentley Continnental GT Flying Spur that I see driving around the riverbanks every now and then.

hmm... my grandpas 1953 datsun convertible (i will have pics of this soon)

theres a gas station near my house that has a whole slew of cars...

1974 trans am

1968 skylark

another skylark... i think 1970ish

a chevy nova

a 1986 Grand National

a 1950s taxi

2 other 1940s/50s cars

and my favorite... a 1968 corvette L71

also... the guy across the street from me has a chevy nova...

and theres a guy near my dads work that is in the process of restoring his 1970 chevelle ss 454

the chick just down the street from me just got a new black escalade, another guy a few blocks away has a nice H2 on a nice set of 20s...the coolest i think would be the old guy that lives across the street from me that just got a Z06....what a rush

Let's see...

Next door they have an Escalade, F-150, Wrangler and 325Ci. Two houses have an Aviator and one of them has an LS. One house has a TT convert and a last-gen E320, one has two older 3er converts, XC90, and 740i, one has a Ridgeline, Tacoma, and Accord (they're import yuppies who are also assholes - if you are playing catch and the ball goes in their yard they start yelling at you), one has an RX330 and new Civic, another has a new Civic, one has a couple Volvos, one has a Tundra and Sienna, one has a GP coupe.

Hmm, and the richest people on my street have: RX300, LS430 (older one), 911, xB, and an Aston Martin V12 Vanquish. They have multipul houses around the world and jets and I assume cars at those houses too. They own Bumper Works (makes bumpers for the F-150 and new T900s) and Flex-N-Gate (same thing basically).

Everybody in my neighborhood is a Volvo station wagon-driving yuppie homo. When we first moved in ten years ago the couple a few doors down had his 'n' hers '87 Monte Carlos which was pretty badass, but they've since been replaced by the most beat up bright red '94 Skylark in the free world and a '97 GMC Jimmy, also bright red. We're the cool car family in the neighborhood. As of right now our fleet consists of:

-2000 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

-1999 Pontiac Bonneville SE

-1996 Buick Riviera

-1977 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme

-1937 Packard Super Eight (model 1500 touring sedan)

The only guy that can even compete is this one old dude around the corner that has an '84 Caprice daily driver and an '83 Ninety-Eight Regency under a tarp in his backyard. I wish someone would move in with something neat for once instead of seeing my current neighbors buying another new Hyundai.

Great thread idea. :P

My buddy Sean lives across the street from one of the biggest

Porsche tuning shops & race-car mechanics in N.E. It's huge and

they have a LOT of high-$$$ cars there. From the SCCA to

high end rich-kid-toys.

But that's just the begining... the OTHER garage taht's diagonaly

across from him is owned by a muscle car guy who has a 1987

Buick Grand National GNX. It's No. 302 and although it has about

80,000 miles on it the car looks pristene. He daily drives it in the

summer. Any given day you go past the shop it's in the place of

honor, windows down and a bottle of gatorade in the passanger

seat next to a Boston Globe. :blink:

---------

As far as me.... well my neighbors 1970 Cadillac Coupe DeVille &

AMC SX/4 are on my front lawn... the coupe with a $800 O.B.O.

sign on it. But the guy up the street (we practically share

backyards) has a huge 12 or so car garage. It's filled with about

ten classic Chevys and one 1950s Ford truck... chevy powered.

In case you're wondering he has TWO 70-72 Camaros, a 1969

Chevelle, a 1969 Camaro & two 1968 Camaros. Then there's

four (or is it five) Chevy trucks not counitng the dailyy driven stuff

and also a shoebox chevy of some sort. At least he HAD a Tri-Five

Chevy, but since he sold his 1968 Chevelle he might have sold that

too. A couple C/K Blazers... 80s GMC ramp truck & 4th gen.

Camaro complete the fleet. He's an animal. One of the 68 Camaros

is daily driven in the summer by his teenage son.

Edited by Sixty8panther

My neighbors have a silver CLS55 AMG.

A family a few blocks down from me have a Laguna Blue M3, a white Subaru WRX STi, and a silver Porsche 911.

Suprisingly... a lot of notable cars around here that my neighbors have. The one has a BMW Z3, Mitsubishi 3000GT, Mazda RX7, C3 Stingray, and two MG roadsters. Another has kids who have a Porsche Boxster and Mazda Miata. One has a Mustang Cobra. Onen there's a guy with an 80's El Camino SS. Finally, there's a guy with a Nash a few other 30's and 40's cars he's restoring. He also has one from the 70's too.

lol this is going to be disturbing...

umm, lets see... several SL55's, Porshe SUV's, about 6 NSX's, SL600, Corvette 1reg and 1 w/ Racecar style paintjob, Viper, 360 Spider, rolls royce phantom, ummm i think a mercialago (its a yellow exohtic i forget which kind), one guy has an old 70's style SL, umm, thats all i think is to fun on my block... and it seems that almost every one owns a suburban and/or lexus in combination... ohh i forgot theres a few 1 with an H1's, lots of H2's, 1 SL65, couple of 645 BMW's some 745's, couple of jags.... thats probably it...

lol, sorry the cheapest home in my neighborhood is probably 1.5 mil :blink:

Edited by Newbiewar

People here don't drive anything interesting. Lots of Volvos and middling Mercs. The one interesting car I know of offhand is the governor's red Arnage T (he lives on the the other side of town).

Well, there's a Mercedes dealership on the corner, but I don't think that counts since the last Merc I think was cool was the 560SL. There's someone on Palm Drive who has a '93 Allante (they drive west past me while I wait for my bus downtown), there's a nice '58 T-Bird over on Alden in the process of restoration, and there used to be an XLR parked around the corner, but the owner must have moved since I never see it anymore.

Sadly, other than my MC family, nothing much noteworthy in my neighborhood.

Course, "around town" is a whole 'nother story ;).

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I walk alone" ... GreenDay ... 'Boulevard of Broken Dreams'