First Pre-Production '07 Saturn Outlook Rolls Out

Practice Run: First Pre-Production '07 Saturn Outlook Rolls Out

Date posted: 05-27-2006

LANSING, Mich. — The first pre-production 2007 Saturn Outlook rolled off the line at General Motors' new Lansing Delta Township plant on Wednesday, as workers geared up for the start of production on the new crossover.

Article continued

Posted Image

Full URL: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=115541#3

Edited by BigPontiac

good,

but wow, is white and that angle not flattering or what!?!

No, the Outlook exterior is hideous...the interior is where it shines. Seriously, I'm gonna bet the farm that it will be painfully obvious which Saturns are homegrown and which ones are Opels...

No, the Outlook exterior is hideous...the interior is where it shines.  Seriously, I'm gonna bet the farm that it will be painfully obvious which Saturns are homegrown and which ones are Opels...

Interesting... personally, I like the Outlook exterior and prefer it to the upcoming Opel Antara/VUE. I find the Outlook's interior ordinary, however, on par with the Kia Sorento, maybe.

I forsee the OUTLOOK replacing my '05 Envoy when that lease expires in 2008. Well, that is unless I find the GMC Acadia to be better looking than the OUTLOOK. The wife and I like the Enclave, but I think it will be priced the highest of the three crossovers.

No, the Outlook exterior is hideous...the interior is where it shines.  Seriously, I'm gonna bet the farm that it will be painfully obvious which Saturns are homegrown and which ones are Opels...

the outlook is very fetching on the outside and certainly is better than those crappy highlanders and pilots. and sexually confused tribecas

i actually think the outlook interior is derivitive and dull and dated already. a bit bloated looking also.

Edited by regfootball

the outlook is very fetching on the outside and certainly is better than those crappy highlanders and pilots.  and sexually confused tribecas

i actually think the outlook interior is derivitive and dull and dated already.  a bit bloated looking also.

It's Golf + Touareg + Sorento, the interior.

Edited by empowah

just not built with the same precision and material quality.

I am so jealous of you for having the first hand experience of sitting in its production interior. Tell me, are the 2nd row seats too low? :rolleyes:

The interior doesn't break any new ground whatsoever, except that it is a GM interior that matches or exceeds the competition. It also uses colors other than various shades of beige and gray (teal? who'd have thought!)

I honestly think you should reserve your judgement until you see it in person. If you have...then nevermind.

I honestly think you should reserve your judgement until you see it in person.  If you have...then nevermind.

I find the front to be very blocky and awkward-looking. Every other angle is fine, but that face is just...incongruent with the other Saturns. Honestly, the grille is the only similarity to the rest of the Saturn lineup...The Euro Saturns are much more graceful looking.

Cool car... it's probably the best and most relevant car GM has introduced recently.

It seems that every GM vehicle (outside of the Camaro :->) it the most relevant GM intoduction. I seem to feel that same way, they can not afford to miss on any vehicles. This could open the new Sports Activity Vehicle market that GM has been promising us since around the 2nd generation mini-vans. The vehicle that is as useful as a mini van, but cooler like an SUV. Keep your fingers crossed. I like what I have seen so far. Most minivan drivers don't seem to be too caught up on looks anyway, and if you can steal some from the SUV crowd all the better.