To Bobo and Bimmer325

Hope you get to enjoy your car for a while before your next wreck.

In other words, we have about a week to go before your next thread about how some asshole in an FJ Cruiser rear-ended you in the parking lot of Publix.  :P

So, its 12:30am and I'm driving home from the beach. I decide to do something rare, crazy, and irrational, a thing the majority of drivers here don't do - I stop at a crosswalk. I wonder why the couple walk so slowly across while starting behind me under I feel a *THUNK!*

And that's what it feels to have a 2006 Solara hit you.

Damage is minimal though, as you can see.

Posted Image

Thing is the car was a demo and the guy driving works at a Toyota dealership in the paint/body shop. He was very kind, very nice, and very apologetic. He gave me everything - license, reg, insurance - and asked if I could go through him instead of calling the police. I get his insurance info just in case, but I called him this morning and we'll work something out where I drop the car off Tuesday, they'll do whatever needs to be done, I get a loaner, end of story. Seems fair to me.

At least I'll get those scratches out...

hehehehe... WALT!

Mr. Fly, I forget... is the lower, dark portion of your bumper smooth, or textured? If it is textured, is there any damage down there? Because I don't know of a way to repair textured plastic parts.

This is insane. Hopefully everything will be repaired to your satisfaction.

I'd guess textured; 's how it is on its two-door Buick brother. I need to get a new piece down there as mine has some scratches in it from where the previous owner bumped the concrete base of a sign with it.

It's indeed textured, but seems unscathed. My primary concern is color matching. I want an exact match to Silver Teal Metallic.

I'd love to get a Carfax on her. At this point, it would just be funny.

And, Walt, that is the best thing ever. I craked up for minutes straight :lol:

*raises eyebrow*

Oh good night shirt tail, FLY....

I saw the topic ... and thought, 'Oh no, he HAS to be joking'....very sorry you are not joking, bud.

Good luck with getting everything worked out to your satisfaction.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"I can’t take anymore" ... 3rd Eye Blind ... 'How's It Going To Be'

Since the damage appears to be on the face of the bumper cover and not the sides, your color match concern should not be a problem. The body shop only has to take off the bumper cover, repair the surface damage, put color only over the primered area, then clearcoat the entire cover. They should have enough space to blend the teal basecoat within the face of the cover. A color match problem would only show at the sides of the bumper cover, where it fits up to the quarter panels, and most clearcoats are pretty clear.

My God! I think you should start taking the metro bus or a commuter train.. if you even live near one. You and driving don't go well together. Not that it's all your fault.. but you are one un-lucky sonofabitch!

Seriously though, I hope your insurance isn't sky high and it's good that you aren't injured physically.

I feel bad to be you slow ass cops take an hour to fill out an accident report if you are lucky and feed them donuts. Well did they stop or was it a hit and run becuase around hear you get hit and they just hit you and run. Lets see in the past 5 years I have experienced 4 hit and runs its horrible out here. Just stop and talk half of them I would of just let slide if they would of been a man about it and stopped.

Unreal.

Your Aurora is cursed,Fly. I had a Silverado with a similar curse, it was hit 5 times! None were my fault, once it was parked at the dealership, once an employee of mine hit an old truck cab that was sitting in my yard, Once a Civic suicided against my left front wheel after running a light, another was a mirror hit with another truck that was in my lane, I forget what the last one was.

I gave up and sold the truck.