December 2018: Audi of America

Whoa.  I had no idea that the Q5 is essentially carrying the whole brand these days.  If there is a car marque that needs to rethink its CAR lineup, it is Audi.  I am amazed that none of the other Q crossovers are increasing sales at all.

I don't believe it's a matter of 'not being designed for the American market' - US consumers readily snap ANYTHING up that comes off a boat. Seriously- there's no design/amenities issue with Audi. Simply put- every brand that was a few model luxury line, for some reason, feels pressured to morph into a 12 model lineup going down below the average price of a new car. IMO- the market is oversaturated & diluted. Couple that with the 'cheap' brands coming way up in all areas and -even with the total volume being the same- you are going to see consumer shift.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, regfootball said:

it is true  the market is saturated and diluted.  I still don't see how if Audi can sell 3100 A8's in the US and keep it going, why can't caddy continue to sell the CT6.  I suppose that would mean bringing them over from China.

I would rather build the CT6 here and export it to China.

2 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

I would rather build the CT6 here and export it to China.

Yes, I like that idea.  Isn't the new v8 being built here?  Would make more sense to keep building the CT6 here.  If Cadillac continued to do styling tweaks and maybe went with new interior (some of the recent improvements help but i am thinking a new knock it out interior) it really usually comes down to pricing and packaging for Cadillac.  Even though most folks want crossovers nowadays there are still plenty of folks who like the idea of large Cadillac sedans.  I still think it may happen where Cadillac reverses on its decision to kill the CT6 here.  I wonder if the aluminum intensive construction influenced the decision to kill it.

• Agree 1

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings