Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Does it HURT? I Like it When It Hurts! Chevy Blazer Beats Pilot and Edge in MT and C&D Comparo

In terms of Blazers tho.. how did the CUV just out-handle a down to earth 2019 Nissan Altima SR VC-Turbo which is lighter by 750lbs.. with the plain Jane BS GM suspension?

You used to be able to rely on sedans out-driving crossovers and SUVs, but after driving the Nissan back to back with the Chevy, we might be witnessing a changing of that guard. Sure, both were comfortable, quiet, and plenty powerful at city speeds and on the highway, but they differentiated themselves on the proving center's winding road. The Blazer handles surprisingly well for a front-drive-based crossover. Its chassis is buttoned down and refined, and steering is light and accurate—it was at least equally as engaging (and likely faster) than the Altima on the winding track.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/blazer/2019/2019-chevrolet-blazer-vs-2019-nissan-altima-comparison-review/

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Guest RegularGuy said:

And the same Blazer lost to a Chyrsler Pacifica. I'm even sure even an XT6 would lose against a Pacifica.

U kno who the eff would ever buy a car based on what a magazine has to say. The same Ford Edge that lost by mere hairs probably has many more thousands of dollars on the hood than the Blazer.

And the Passport will enjoy legendary resale values that the Blazer never will.

Dollars and cents make the deal. 

Blazer offers style. Not much else.

This wins the thread.

2 hours ago, Guest RegularGuy said:

And the same Blazer lost to a Chyrsler Pacifica. I'm even sure even an XT6 would lose against a Pacifica.

U kno who the eff would ever buy a car based on what a magazine has to say. The same Ford Edge that lost by mere hairs probably has many more thousands of dollars on the hood than the Blazer.

And the Passport will enjoy legendary resale values that the Blazer never will.

Dollars and cents make the deal. 

Blazer offers style. Not much else.

The smaller Blazer lost to the bigger Pacifica, on top of them being two different types of vehicles. Sorry, but that whole MT series was utterly pointless. To say that the Blazer offered nothing shows that you didn’t read the actual reviews of it. It was praised for its poise and driving dynamics, something that is rare in the CUV world. 

49 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This wins the thread.

The Passport? HAAAAAHHH!! Honda or not, that was a horrible choice for a CUV name, given the history of said name, (cough, cough Isuzu Rodeo). BTW, it being nothing but a chopped off Pilot does not help its cause. 

Edited by surreal1272
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

The smaller Blazer lost to the bigger Pacifica, on top of them being two different types of vehicles. Sorry, but that whole MT series was utterly pointless. To say that the Blazer offered nothing shows that you didn’t read the actual reviews of it. It was praised for its poise and driving dynamics, something that is rare in the CUV world. 

The Passport? HAAAAAHHH!! Honda or not, that was a horrible choice for a CUV name, given the history of said name, (cough, cough Isuzu Rodeo). BTW, it being nothing but a chopped off Pilot does not help its cause. 

The passport has obscenely high resale which was the point. Applebees offers God awful good and service...and sells food all over the country. If your going to sell drivel to the masses it might as well be profitable.

1 hour ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

after getting a warning for cursing some of U out I've chosen to go ahead and let U sorr... er... U good natured..  people talk trash about me and the sexy hot brand known as Cadillac. 

i70mfl.jpg&key=4d853abb8ce436bc98d5e70f3

I like them just fine. It's just that the XT6 is the Applebees or Olive Garden of Luxury SUVs. But don't feel insulted...BMW is like an over rated French restaurant that over promises and under delivers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

The passport has obscenely high resale which was the point. Applebees offers God awful good and service...and sells food all over the country. If your going to sell drivel to the masses it might as well be profitable.

I like them just fine. It's just that the XT6 is the Applebees or Olive Garden of Luxury SUVs. But don't feel insulted...BMW is like an over rated French restaurant that over promises and under delivers.

Oh I’m not disagreeing with Honda’s overall resale but the name alone will hurt it just a little bit lol. The last Passport, like the Rodeo, was pure garbage and some older folks probably haven’t forgotten that even if they are two very different vehicles from each other. 

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Oh I’m not disagreeing with Honda’s overall resale but the name alone will hurt it just a little bit lol. The last Passport, like the Rodeo, was pure garbage and some older folks probably haven’t forgotten that even if they are two very different vehicles from each other. 

Given the hideous nature of the current crop of Acura vehicles it would seem Honda is the one company outside of Applebee's on the planet incapable of hurting itself with marginal product.

My father owned one on the Rodeo passports. It was a steaming pile. The Rodeo handed down to the teen girl who used to live next door...rather terrifyingly had the frame rot in amazing ways.

• Agree 2

My ex-brother-in-law #3 had a Rodeo back in the 90s and early 00s... being in Arizona, had no rust problems...I remember he replaced it with a Mitsubishi Endeavour...couldn't remember the name, but remember it was the one with the really high fender bulges. 

7 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

My ex-brother-in-law #3 had a Rodeo back in the 90s and early 00s... being in Arizona, had no rust problems...I remember he replaced it with a Mitsubishi Endeavour...couldn't remember the name, but remember it was the one with the really high fender bulges. 

The frame on that rodeo that Haley was driving to her high school classes had the integrity of a balsa wood model airplane. I am amazed the towing company got it into the flatbed without it breaking in two. The parents...my neighbors...bought it new. Good people...unforgivable had on the part of Mitsu and Honda to sell those. Unforgivable.

16 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

The frame on that rodeo that Haley was driving to her high school classes had the integrity of a balsa wood model airplane. I am amazed the towing company got it into the flatbed without it breaking in two. The parents...my neighbors...bought it new. Good people...unforgivable had on the part of Mitsu and Honda to sell those. Unforgivable.

That would have been Isuzu, not Mitsu.  it is amazing how rusty old cars are here in Ohio...I really don't see many 80s-90s Japanese cars, beyond some 90s Toyotas and Hondas still running.   

22 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

That would have been Isuzu, not Mitsu.  it is amazing how rusty old cars are here in Ohio...I really don't see many 80s-90s Japanese cars, beyond some 90s Toyotas and Hondas still running.   

Yeah...sorry...was tired when I posted that.

On 3/14/2019 at 7:02 PM, surreal1272 said:

as someone who has a pacifica in the garage, and test drove a blazer a few weeks ago, the pacifica is a better driving vehicle, much better all around.  Blazer isn't an equal.  Pacifica is a great rig, deserves way more credit than people give Chrysler. Blazer is good enough for those who drive that and nothing else.  

Edited by regfootball
  • Agree 3

15 hours ago, regfootball said:

as someone who has a pacifica in the garage, and test drove a blazer a few weeks ago, the pacifica is a better driving vehicle, much better all around.  Blazer isn't an equal.  Pacifica is a great rig, deserves way more credit than people give Chrysler. Blazer is good enough for those who drive that and nothing else.  

I am a sports car type of guy and love the pacifica. If it were my money and a choice between those two...Pacifica hands down.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Did I miss something on a new Cadillac naming scheme?

🤔 Me think CT5 WTF = CT5 What The Fuck 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1