Cmicasa the Great

Does it HURT? I Like it When It Hurts! Chevy Blazer Beats Pilot and Edge in MT and C&D Comparo

Good family relationships often involve compromise, and that's what the Chevrolet Blazer does well. The Blazer is powerful, composed, and fun to drive while offering the latest in infotainment, a shockingly spacious rear seat, and creature comforts like heated seats and power ports for devices. Its stylish sheetmetal helps it stand out in a sea of lozenge-shaped crossovers. The Blazer is the family vehicle that actually appeals to the whole family, and for that reason it upsets the Honda on its home court.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevrolet/blazer/2019/2019-chevrolet-blazer-vs-2019-honda-passport-comparison-review/

The Bottom Line

While the aging Ford Edge remains a solidly capable and utterly practical two-row SUV in the mid-size class, the stylish Chevrolet Blazer is, at this price point, a more compelling package for its contemporary execution, stronger performance, and more secure road manners—even though it, too, can feel light on value near the $50K mark. A full comparison test will ultimately determine how the new Blazer ranks among its mid-size competitors. For now, however, that some of the Camaro DNA that Chevrolet incorporated into the Blazer's design has also leached into its chassis—without significantly dinging its utility—makes it a stronger pick over its familiar crosstown rival.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a26574466/2019-chevrolet-blazer-vs-2019-ford-edge/

Local dealer still has their black one, been there for about a month now.  It was unlocked over the weekend.  Sat in it for a minute on Sunday, after a couple in their 60's got out of it and left in their Ram.

36 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Local dealer still has their black one, been there for about a month now.  It was unlocked over the weekend.  Sat in it for a minute on Sunday, after a couple in their 60's got out of it and left in their Ram.

They didn't deserve it.  They drove up there in an Italian POS.. Fukkk em

• Downvote 4

26 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

They didn't deserve it.  They drove up there in an Italian POS.. Fukkk em

Well, how do I know they didn't go back Monday and buy it?  Plus, how is a Ram Italian?

• Upvote 3

Of the 6 Chevrolet dealers in the Greater Seattle area, they have a total of 21 blazers and of those 21, 8 are RS models from $50,765 to $51,160.  The dates on them all range from 2 to 3 weeks sitting, so I would have to say they are not moving that fast, but then only a couple weeks old here.

20 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Well, how do I know they didn't go back Monday and buy it?  Plus, how is a Ram Italian?

If they went back then I'm cool with em... Also Ram is apart of Fiat 

There is nothing FIAT in a Ram though.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

The profits go back to Fiat in Italy. Won't touch it. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

The Ram vans are Fiats.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, smk4565 said:

The Ram vans are Fiats.

Of course I was talking about a 1500 pickup truck.

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Sure there is, you had an Italian leader that has built nothing but crap build a piss poor 48 volt hybrid crap system into the Ram that performs poorly on MPG, so yes Italian garbage.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

The profits go back to Fiat in Italy. Won't touch it. 

Actually, FCA is headquartered in the UK, not Italy.

https://www.autonews.com/article/20140801/COPY01/308019978/fiat-says-ciao-to-italy-headquarters-as-chrysler-merger-is-approved

Edited by VenSeattle
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, dfelt said:

Sure there is, you had an Italian leader that has built nothing but crap build a piss poor 48 volt hybrid crap system into the Ram that performs poorly on MPG, so yes Italian garbage.

This was an earlier truck, with unsullied Hemi power.  Thankfully still available at Ram, with no hybrid junk designed to hoodwink confused, on-the-fence truck buyers into thinking they're buying the Prius of trucks.

• Haha 1

Plain and simple, price is killing the Blazer.

My local Chevy dealer (where i got the Nox) has some Blazers, but at the moment they are all RS’s 

They had some LS and LT, but they sold all of those..

Chevy would be wise to throw out some deals to get folks in them first. Then gently roll back to the higher price point.....

Personally, I think the RS should have been more than it is for the price point.  In RS trim it looks great but for the price I think it needs to be higher performance than being just a warmed up crossover. 

The lower trims look like they came from rental lots.  I wish GM good luck with it but for example a three row MDX that is bigger, has larger and nicer interior is at least just as fast as RS and handles at least as good (compare the numbers).  It has a much better AWD system too, and starts at $44k.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ykX said:

Funny when MT and C&D criticizes Cadillac or GM vehicle or losses a comparison, than "they don't know $h!", "companies paid them".   But as soon as GM vehicle wins a comparison, than suddenly they become legit.

The logic of fanboys moves in mysterious ways ... :)

Exactly this. MT and the rest should do nothing but promote DOMESTICS. FUKK the rest. By Domestics I mean GM and Ford

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ykX said:

Personally, I think the RS should have been more than it is for the price point.  In RS trim it looks great but for the price I think it needs to be higher performance than being just a warmed up crossover. 

The lower trims look like they came from rental lots.  I wish GM good luck with it but for example a three row MDX that is bigger, has larger and nicer interior is at least just as fast as RS and handles at least as good (compare the numbers).  It has a much better AWD system too, and starts at $44k.

Proof that it has a better AWD system.. and I want it now. Because the AWD system in the MDX is said to be the same as in the damn vehicle the Blazer just BEAT

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

What about Tesla? 

Forgot about them.. but they have some of their shares visibly owned by Daimler and Toyota.. so I don't know. Just know that I hate foreign. Tell every one I said its cool to down vote that too as well as the post where I cursed out a supposed old couple in a Ram 😂

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Proof that it has a better AWD system..

I really don't have to prove you anything, but while GM's twin-clutch system is somewhat similar to SH-AWD it needs to be activated while Acura's system is always on.  I think that is much better.

abe5fb90d2074c23b76be9bc1d0216fe_c106x0-

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ykX said:

I really don't have to prove you anything, but while GM's twin-clutch system is somewhat similar to SH-AWD it needs to be activated while Acura's system is always on.  I think that is much better.

abe5fb90d2074c23b76be9bc1d0216fe_c106x0-

Of course U do..  and U did. Yay for me. i70mfl.jpg&key=4d853abb8ce436bc98d5e70f3

And I have to say again that CHOICE is always better.. I want things that can be turned off and on.. and so do many on these forums. Just start a conversation about Start/Stop and U'll see. So choice is better

Edited by Cmicasa the Great

36 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Proof that it has a better AWD system.. and I want it now. Because the AWD system in the MDX is said to be the same as in the damn vehicle the Blazer just BEAT

Not the same tuning apparently.

I agree that more options is always welcomed but it seems like an odd thing to make an option.

I don't know much about the GM system but does it default to on or off when you turn the vehicle on? Does it retain the setting for the next time you start the vehicle? 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I agree that more options is always welcomed but it seems like an odd thing to make an option.

I don't know much about the GM system but does it default to on or off when you turn the vehicle on? Does it retain the setting for the next time you start the vehicle? 

@Cmicasa the Great I have to agree that choice is always good. I used to say F*#K Start / Stop but just finished having a new 2019 XT5 on loan while my auto was in for service and the start / stop feature was bloody smooth compared to years earlier where it was very rough and noticeable. 

In regards to the GM AWD system, GM used to have a major ownership in Subaru and their AWD system was a clone of that up till bankruptcy. Not sure how much it has changed since then, but I can say that the AWD system is excellent. My pet peeve is that on the XT5 default is auto sense for basic FWD/AWD when slippage is detected. You can go into sport or luxury mode. I might just not know how to have it set for that as the new default, but after turning the car off it went back to the normal setting. Hopefully Cadillac will change this, I like AWD all the time.

• Upvote 2

Having the option is nice but if it does not save the setting for the next start, that would drive me nuts. 

• Upvote 2