Most memorable

Of the following, which one do you instantly reconize, or have the fondest memories of?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Of the following, which one do you instantly reconize, or have the fondest memories of?

• Pre-68
    • 68-72
    • 73-87
    • 88-99
    • 99-03(I think its '03 when the Silverado got the new front)
    • 03-up

Voted 68-72 but they're all nice. I hope to own a

2003 ex-cab 5.3 as soon as we buy a house. I

realized the used WRX or Cobalt ideas were not

representative of my needs and true wants.

• 1 month later...

I actually like the 1988-99 version. But I also liked the 2003 that I test drove back in the days of the 24 hour test drive. Only thing I didnt like was the bouncy ride. For that reason alone I would get an Avalanche. That has a different rear suspension.

88-99: a long time friend of mine had a white, regular cab, short bed. It was all done up with custom captain's chairs, the bumpin' sound system, lowered, Boyd's (not Boyd Coddington's, this is way back when...), and it had the sweetest sounding exhaust. It was so cool to cruise around in that thing. They kept it in the family for a looooong time, couple engines and a few transmissions worth...

76ChevyTrucker, you should have added one more option: I LIKE THEM ALL!!! Being a fan of GM trucks throughout time, it's really hard for me to narrow it down to one generation. Instinctively, I'd like to vote for pre-68 as I really like the '55-'57 GM trucks the best. However, the '85-'87 years and the '70-'72 years also rank up there in my book. For the longest time I wanted a '95-'02 Regular Cab, Shortbed, Sportside Z71 4wd too. :P

What can I say.... Balthazar got me inot Pre-war COE trucks.

I happen to prefer Chevrolets.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Google or AltaVista. those are the IMG searches I do 95% of the time.

Though I really like the pre-1988 trucks, the 1988 and up trucks stand out as it was one of GMs chances that paid off.

I remember hearing how many of the old school guys hated the new round look. They thought it looked girly.

Well for me the 88-99 because I own an 88 and my dad owns a 99. I like the 2003 and the 1969 also. Someday I plan to have my 1988, a 1969, and a 2003, and if im lucky I'll get my dads 1999.

I love the 67-72 trucks, with 67 being my favorite since it is the only one without the sidemarker lights. Looks cleaner to me. I am also a huge fan of the late 50s Apaches.

Tammy prefers the early 60s pickups.

Posted Image

You can see who won the 'which classic truck shall we buy argument' :P

Oh, I voted 68-72, even though it should read 67-72, as was already noted.

Edited by zhawk

I'll take my 30-year old, third-generation owned '76. I can't beat it (except with a Caterpillar D10, or a Mk-85 500-lb GP bomb), and its been a family hierloom for me. Besides, of all the vehicles in the family, its the only one that's got all three of our (granddad, dad, and me) blood sweat and tears into it.

I'm not much of a truck guy, but I've always liked the looks of the '73-87..esp. the early ones ('73-75?) with the deep-set grille treatment. But I'm more of an SUV fan, so I'd have to have a '73 Suburban with the barn doors, upgraded with an LS6 454 :)