Plus this clean '70s F-100 / 150 a few doors down from a job I'm doing ~ 

IMG_0456.JPG

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, balthazar said:

Plus this clean '70s F-100 / 150 a few doors down from a job I'm doing ~ 

IMG_0456.JPG

Nice F100...'68-69.. (going by the grille and side marker lights). 

Just saw this at the light coming home from working out. #spartanstrong 💪

20190803_071010.jpg

Not sure what year, but I leave that to the pro's.

@balthazar @Robert Hall

Have a great weekend all! :metal:

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Just saw this at the light coming home from working out. #spartanstrong 💪

20190803_071010.jpg

Not sure what year, but I leave that to the pro's.

@balthazar @Robert Hall

Have a great weekend all! :metal:

Front side markers filled in, can't tell if that is a '67-68 style hood or '69-72 style.  Subtle differences.  Without seeing the grille hard to nail down.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1

I believe '69 & up had taller hoods at the leading edge. With this one's lower hood, marker light & the fender badging, it appears to be a '68. Not 100% tho- and this one has obviously had customization work, so swappage could have taken place. 

On the Ohio Turnpike yesterday afternoon on my way to Detroit saw a very old Airstream trailer w a California plate being towed by 1990s Chevy van.  Very shiny with a pointy rear end. 

It resembled this one...30s vintage.

2b4bc93ee3c9e5d6b66d0a2661702831.jpg

Driving back into the Cleveland area around 2:30 this morning I was on the 480 near the airport, in the center lane going around 70...heard and saw a blur coming up fast on the right, got passed by a yellow Lambo Gallardo spyder, top down, going what appeared to be well over 100..

Posted (edited)

circa '80 Trans Am, black, t-toppin it down local road.
- - - - -
Someone here mentioned wanting to get an old fridge. How about an NOS 1941 Coldspot? 

41 Coldspot NOS.png

Edited by balthazar
  • Upvote 3

On my way out this afternoon for comfort food (tacos) and to go to my Sunday happy place (Home Depot) I was followed for several miles by a bright green Lambo Huracan.  The lack of passing spots on a winding 45 mph two line probably drove him crazy. 

Spent about 10 minutes trying to place this one, but no dice so far.
Note the 'bullet' hood ornament, and the way the grille is rounded & edged with chrome at the very bottom is unusual. I see side grille peeking out, too. It's '38-39ish, Buick is the closest but can't' match these details with the bumper. Nash, Hudson, Stude, FoMoCo, ChryCo eliminated. No other GM Divisions are quite there either.  

IMG_0463.jpg

Generic late 30s Humpymobile. 😉

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Everything is generic within its decade if you can only see 10% of it. :)

True..the '38 Buick is a good guess, though..tall narrow grille w/ horizontal bars, close together headlights, and some Buicks have a trim piece which would be where that center bolt is.  '38 Olds has a bumper w/ a bolt there, but the headlights are further apart and the grille bars thicker. 

Saw a lot of Cadillacs on my quick trip to Detroit yesterday... several CTS-Vs, several CT6s, a couple XT4s, Escalades, etc.   Saw the Ren Center from a distance...neat digital GM sign near the top (pic below).  The sports/entertainment center along Woodward looked great, saw a Google office.   What I saw looked much improved from how I remember Detroit 20+ years ago when I lived in A2.  Will have to plan a long weekend visit. 

unnamed-6.jpg

I lived in Detroit in '84-85, it was a hellhole then. Tigers won the World Series and they rioted, flipped & ignited cars. 
GM was still in the General Motors Building then- an ornate, swanky place, pretty cool. 
Glad to hear the city has seen a degree of revival since. 

The long-vacant house next door is a getting remodeled by a flipper, and the city inspector was here this morning checking out the recent roof job.  I was chatting w/ him over the fence about his truck---a very clean bright red '04 Dakota regular cab.   V8, only 60k miles.  Original owner, no rust.   I rarely see 2nd gen Dakotas around. 

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

The long-vacant house next door is a getting remodeled by a flipper, and the city inspector was here this morning checking out the recent roof job.  I was chatting w/ him over the fence about his truck---a very clean bright red '04 Dakota regular cab.   V8, only 60k miles.  Original owner, no rust.   I rarely see 2nd gen Dakotas around. 

That because the engines die and a plethora of other problems. My sister had an 04 Dakota crew cab with the V8 and by 80K miles the engine was dead. Dodge took care of them as all the maintenance was done via the dealer, but 2nd gen Dakota's just seem to be garbage compared to gen 1.

Saw a yellow w/ white top '57 Chevy Bel Air 2dr ht, turquoise w/ white top '57 Chevy 4dr sedan, and a dark red '77 Grand Prix sitting in a row in parking lot in great shape...

Not sure what year, but 70's era and sexy as hell. Clearly after market exhaust as it had a lovely deep rumble but not too loud or annoying annoying like ricer fart can rides or sti noise.

20190809_171529.jpg

20190809_171555.jpg

Corvette went to a rubber front bumper in ‘73, so with that and the fender gills, I believe its ‘70-‘72.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Beautiful day..sunny, not too warm.  Went out to Kelleys Island in Lake Erie, took the ferry from Marblehead out to the island and rented a golf cart to get around...that was fun...neat place...  saw a sharp red and cream '56 Chevy Bel Air 2dr ht and a clean dark blue late 80s Camaro IROC-Z on the island.   Driving back on the 90 saw along the freeway on the westside of Cleveland a warehouse with a row of 10-12 VW Vanagons, with a few Rabbits and Beetles in various states of decay. 

Not sure how people cannot stay in their lane but also how some one else can hit and run. Crazy accident day.

20190810_201103.jpg

also saw an old couple in a 2nd gen SRX cadillac that turned into a black F150.hitting the rear bumper and barely any damage to the truck, but the nose was gone on the SRX and the radiator was leaking fluid. Tow for sure.

Then just got to 24hr fitness, coming down the off Ramp from I5 freeway, a S-class Mercedes turned right into the off ramp and just barely missed hitting an accord. Clearly they were confused as I think the wanted the next road up into the Resident Inn. I could see the Accord driver was freaked as were the MB owner.

Leg day, time to burn some calories.

On 8/4/2019 at 3:18 PM, balthazar said:

Spent about 10 minutes trying to place this one, but no dice so far.
Note the 'bullet' hood ornament, and the way the grille is rounded & edged with chrome at the very bottom is unusual. I see side grille peeking out, too. It's '38-39ish, Buick is the closest but can't' match these details with the bumper. Nash, Hudson, Stude, FoMoCo, ChryCo eliminated. No other GM Divisions are quite there either.  

IMG_0463.jpg

Have you eliminated the 1939 LaSalle?

Bumper is wrong and side grilles have a horizontal grid; L-39s have vertical side grillwork.
Hood ornament is the first thing that matches up well; perhaps the side grilles & bumper were changed.

17 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Bumper is wrong and side grilles have a horizontal grid; L-39s have vertical side grillwork.
Hood ornament is the first thing that matches up well; perhaps the side grilles & bumper were changed.

Ah, I can't see the side grillework from your photo.