2007 SRX Changes

Much improved. I do like it.

If I were to pick one nit, I don't like that the IP shroud and center console are separate pieces - I much prefer a seamless look. That's hardly a deal breaker for me, though.

Could it be that the IP will move up and down with with the tilt steering, a la the g35? If that's why the shroud is separate, then I'm all for it.

-RBB

Did the same designers work on both interiors? It makes you wonder what the hell they were thinking.

Without a doubt, the best-looking interior in Caddy's lineup and possibly the entire GM lineup. The center stack is integrated perfectly, there is some chrome and wood, and two-tone action going on. Is that leather on the dashboard? I hope the materials are just as good as the visual.

Hopefully SRX sales go through the roof. They have to.

Much improved.  I do like it.

If I were to pick one nit, I don't like that the IP shroud and center console are separate pieces - I much prefer a seamless look.  That's hardly a deal breaker for me, though.

Could it be that the IP will move up and down with with the tilt steering, a la the g35?  If that's why the shroud is separate, then I'm all for it.

-RBB

I know! that would be sweet right! Hmm, i would hope for that on the next gen CTS.... :scratchchin: I know Cadillac is going after the german brands in terms of performance, but it i know they follow infiniti to see what is getting the buyers to consider their vehicles.

Where is there a demo of this for the rest of the readers to see? infiniti.com doesn't have a good example of it?

Where shall I start?

That stupid looking clock was stolen from some 1930's vehicle.

The center pod shape may be more pleasing, but the NAV screen is lower, which makes it harder to use (you have to take your eyes off the road).

GM must still have some interior designers who were trained at the "School for the Blind".

Other than that it's just average. They should have used the Next Gen CTS dash. It's a lot classier than what I've seen here.

Other than that it's just average. They should have used the Next Gen CTS dash. It's a lot classier than what I've seen here.

I'm sure they didn't want to go all out being as though this is simply a refresh... not to mention I'm sure they didn't want to steal the thunder away from the NG CTS unveiling.

I'll refrain from commenting because I think I've done enough GM bashing for the day.

I'm quite surprised people don't like this--I think it's an excellent refresh--they did wonders for an interior that looked like it belonged in a vehicle $10,000 cheaper than it was.

I really fail to see why people are hating.

"Hating" takes too much of an effort.

I'm just disappointed. It seems to me that GM has lost that design (styling) genius that they had in the 50's and 60's. Don't any of these people drive cars?

Interiors, dashes in particular, should be designed by people that drive for the love of driving. Every control should be at the drivers finger tips and gages should be easily viewable with a slight turn of the drivers head.

I don't see that in a lot of GM vehicles and it's a real shame.

I think you should at least wait until you see it in person before you write it off completely. Remember how many people were disappointed with the Escalade's interior? It's much nicer in person. Remember, GM's photography still sucks big time. At least wait for more photos to show up.

Also.. the NAV screen should be low on all vehicles because people shouldn't be looking at it all the time when they're driving. With any vehicle with a NAV screen, there is a warning that pops up that tells the driver to drive carefully when using the navigation because it can cause them to become distracted.

and.. come on. You're complaining about a clock? Cadillac isn't the only brand that is using an analog. Look at Infiniti. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

Let's take our cynical glasses off for a second.

Now.. I'm not a fan of the sea of black plastic but this interior is so much more attractive then the current one. If you can't appreciate that...then I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by Cadillacfan

Thank god...that was a real weak spot of this strong performer. The new interior isn't a knockout, but a great fix. Controls coud've been integrated a little better...but that's all I noticed. Hopefully GM steps up the STYLE factor for the Next SRX.