Star Trek fans and car geeks

I just wanted to see if, in addition to all the car geeks, we have Star Trek geeks too?

I've always kinda thought about my vehicles as classes of ships from the series.  I just wondered if any of you Star Trek (or other Sci Fi series) thought about it in the same way. 

Like my Toronado is a Constitution Class - Old and out of date, requires a bit of tinkering down in engineering to keep running right, not particularly fast, but be good to her and she'll always get you home. 

I already have my other two thought out, but I want to see if anyone else participates before I share them. 

• Agree 1

Im not a Star Trek geek, no.  Iv seen some original Star Trek episodes on reruns when I was a kid in the '70s, saw the first two movies in the 80s. Was never a fan of the Picard stuff.  The rebooted JJ Abrams movies, imo, were great, but Im not a Star Trek geek.

Im more of a Star Wars geek.  But as not as geeky enough as to think of my car(s) as  Star Wars ships.  Interesting geeky idea though.  

1. I think of my Acura TL as some sort of a US Airforce stealth fighter though as the TL has all kinds of weird angles and triangular shapes, like a stealth fighter would.  Plus mine is the charcoal black colour as well.  

I think that kind of thinking is geeky enough.  

Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk - Wikipedia

60  Acura TL ideas | acura tl, acura, acura tsx

2. my imaginations have run wild on me from time to time and I sometimes do dream of what kind of character Id be in a movie.  I geek out that way from time to time.  If I was living in the period of the 'ole west, Id be a saloon owner. Id be an excellent pistoleer as I would be practicing shooting every day  just in case a drunken outlaw would try to get the upper hand in my saloon, or they would get testy playing poker or defend my family, house and property just in case the railway companies would want to take over my land...   In Star Wars, Id join the rebels and be an X-Wing fighter pilot.  Back home, Id have a Diner of some sort on a planet that the Empire sucked dry. Id leave my wife run it while Id try to free the Galaxy from the clutches of Darth Vader and beyond...  Id bump into Han Solo and Jedi Master Luke Skywalker from time to time, but mostly Id go rogue on my own and cause my own havoc on Stormtroopers and the Empire and First Order.    

• Agree 3

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

I like ST just fine, but I tend to think of my vintage vehicles like various serial killers.
I see a self-proported 'fast' car and I want my vintage iron to rip it apart.

Well that’s certainly an interesting twist!

• Agree 1

I am a Star Trek and Star Wars Fan.

Putting my auto's in to either I end up with the following:

Star Trek

• My SS is the Belknap class or strike cruise
  • My Escalade ESV Platinum is the Constellation class cruiser
  • My Suburban is the Constitution class Heavy Cruiser

Star Wars

• My SS is the Millennium Falcon.
  • My Escalade ESV Platinum is the Naboo Royal Starship
  • My Suburban is the Star Freighter
  • Agree 1

On 12/13/2020 at 1:36 PM, David said:

I am a Star Trek and Star Wars Fan.

Putting my auto's in to either I end up with the following:

Star Trek

• My SS is the Belknap class or strike cruise
  • My Escalade ESV Platinum is the Constellation class cruiser
  • My Suburban is the Constitution class Heavy Cruiser

Star Wars

• My SS is the Millennium Falcon.
  • My Escalade ESV Platinum is the Naboo Royal Starship
  • My Suburban is the Star Freighter

I think in terms of the end of Next Gen / DS9 timeline. 

My Toronado is an old Constitution class Refit

tumblr_4bc0645503f6d1501f972318d54bf27f_c40144f3_500.gif

My Avalanche is a Galaxy class. Big. Previous generation of design. Versatile. Powerful, but not the fastest or most maneuverable, but definitely not something you want to pick a fight with. 

c51f8225f3a1235dca24989e6a0c1230.gif

My Chrysler 300C is an Excelsior class. An old design that just keeps getting upgraded with the newest tech. Known for speed.

tumblr_ozumudY0Ws1wbt3p9o1_400.gif

• Agree 4