This would be a nice commuter car for me

Oddly enough, that blue dash is pretty appealing to me. I wonder how it's look with the faux-CF trim from the SS as opposed to the plood. Plus it's extremely clean and straight for having been used for police duty.

Love those rims... too bad it's missing RWD and a SBC, still

I'd love to own it so that I could do 105mph on 495 and

everyone woudl get the eff out of my way. :D

Posted Image

Guest YellowJacket894

No, no. What you really want is a mid-nineties model police-service Caprice or Camaro. (Or that's what I would go for, anyway.) The Caprice would get some new rims, new paint, and an Impala SS grille...the Camaro would just need new paint.

that LEATHERETTE interior is so classy, just like the hjigh priced German cars.  We don't give GM enough credit these days for their interior improvements.

:lol:

Any Caprice found would be pretty old and up there in mileage. Plus, the 3400 Impala I had for a week as a rental got very good mileage both in town and on the highway. Just thoughts running through my mind since the Olds will be paid off very, very soon...

9C1 impalas only have the standard series II?? why?? 200 horse + a heavier car... i hope they never used these for highway interceptors... any american 2 door can get away from that real easy... the only thing this would be able to catch is ricers...

9C1 impalas only have the standard series II?? why?? 200 horse + a heavier car... i hope they never used these for highway interceptors... any american 2 door can get away from that real easy... the only thing this would be able to catch is ricers...

Pinellas County Sheriffs Office has a mixed fleet of Vics, '05 Impalas, and a handful of Intrepids. Anyone engaging in a high-speed pursuit here is a fool because we're the highest-density county in the state and a peninsula to boot, so four of the five main roads out of the county are bridges. I had a nice conversation with a Clearwater PD officer who pretty much told me they'll let a pursuee have his fun until he gets on one of the bridges; then he doesn't get off. Not in his car anyway. I'd say a good 80%+ of police work involves more sitting around with the engine running than pursuing, so a 3800 Impy that's good on gas is a good investment.

Word is we may be getting some Hemi Chargers. Osceola County south of Orlando has '06 Impys already. Look nice.

But no fear, FHP still has a few 9C1 Caprices and real badass Camaros. Saw a pack of six of them cruising somewhere over the weekend on I-4 at about 80-90mph. So freakin' cool.

aahh makes sense then... alright... so long as they didnt expect to catch anyone with the impalas haha...

do the crown vics by you have the mustang 5.0s like the ones by me have? im afraid of those cars... they sneak up on you so fast...

do the crown vics by you have the mustang 5.0s like the ones by me have? im afraid of those cars... they sneak up on you so fast...

I think they just have whatever comes with the CV Incerceptor Package, nothing special. We do have some weird squad cars in general, though. Bellair Beach PD has three brand-new Expeditions. Period. Its a town of like 185 though. Largo has/had Tauruses with bike racks; those made me laugh. And my town, Clearwater, just got ahold of a half dozen of these...

Posted Image

If you want the fundage for something you could always sell me your (cursed) Aurora.....

Ehhhhhffffff no. Are you for real? You know how much money Geico and General Motors has put into this car? Twice is value likely. Twice the value! Plus, I love 'er. No, this will be a third car for the family, as mentioned time and again in the past. We're now leaning towards a Buick PA Ultra.

It was worth a short, those things are hard to find and an Aurora would be a pretty nice follow-up to the Solara.

If you're really interested, its a good buy. Depreciation killed the American large luxury car, so you can pick up a Classic with 50-70k miles for around $5-8k, and even less mileage on a 2nd-gen 3.5l Shortstar or 4.0l.

You know, if gas prices stay like this, I'll invest in a commuter car and keep my seperate gas-guzzling toy for weekends (and my pride).

Ideally, I'd like to purchase an imported Astra GTC 3-door. Absolutely miss seeing those on the road, such a beautiful car. I've also grown to like the Euro-Civic hatch...I always like the CRX's as a kid & think this new generation is a big innovator in design and technology. Never saw them on the road in Europe as they weren't out when I was there, but from the pics I've seen, this is a really great product. You know gas prices are bad when I've stooped down to this level...I can smell my "smug" already.

Edited by red

I prefer the first gen's styling, inside and out. I've looked around, only one around here on a lot, a very ghetto lot who I would not buy a car from. I've learned about American luxo-barges and their depreciation. Cadillacs, Buicks, Lincolns and Mercurys can all be head cheap.