Got A Bra For The Solstice

Guest Josh

Guest Josh

So a business customers of mine "just so happened to come across" a new Bra for the Solstice. He was thankful that I helped him so, I was rewarded with one of these bad boys.

I don't have it installed yet, but I will be once I have to drive up to Saginaw for a court date, then I will take pictures.

I dont plan to use it much, just on long trips, etc.

Cool. I always though bra's took away from the car though...the regular ons just don't look that good, of course, you can't complain with a freebie...

Whenever you're looking into it though, I would suggest Lamin-X. They make clear "bras" which go over your headlights and front end, etc... It is a protective overlay, that once installed on the car you will barely see it.

http://www.lamin-x.com/

I need to pick some of it up for my new headlights, (and eventually some for my new bumper and fogs when I get that too).

EDIT: here's the direct link to the store and your car...

http://lamin-x.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/in...28730e699ec9055

Edited by Nick

That was unnecessary as well. C'mon.

In all seriousness, autobras suck and I actually had a near identical conversation to a friend of mine with a 9-3 who was considering a bra for his car, too. I said what I said the exact same way and meant it because alot of people just don't realize that the costs of bra-ing your car aren't worth it, imo.

P.S. Scooby-Doo can do-do, but Jimmy Carter is smarter.

Yeah, you might not want to keep the bra on the car in the rain, especially if its one of those delicate lacy numbers.

Posted Image

UGH. I hatebras of cars. Not only do they do more damage than they're supposed to protect against (whic makes them the most oxymoronic thing on the planet), but they look butt-ugly.

I suppose if it's only for long car trips, it's okay, but I'd still think that the finish whould still get just the least bit worn.

• 2 weeks later...

I do know this, Fly. Which is why I said I would use it on long road trips and then it would be off.

Which should be perfect. No idea what's with all of the screwball responses here, but you clearly know all about them, and just for long trips is a good idea.

We did the same thing when we had our 300M, and though not overly pretty, it fit well and protected the front end completely. Certainly didn't leave it on for extended periods or through washings, but it served it's purpose.

The clear stick-ons are great long-term options, but for your uses, the regular old bra should be fine.

The ones who have trouble with them are those who already abuse their car anyway...so that's not usually a big shock.

I too think Bras look like a$$ and ruin a car if left on long term,

but for a 300 mile roartrip through dust, sand, dirt & grvel lined

roads it is a great way to prevent paint damage, IF left on temp.