"What kind of car is that? Who makes it?"

*huff* you couldn't get it with the gold package?

I hate the Gold Package. It looked like crap when it was new and looks even more like crap now when its half faded (the car is a decade old). I'm trying to get a nice chrome one from eBay.

Not bad, but like you said it looks as if it came off a Ciera (or my old Achieva). I personally, would have looked for one that was off a Bravada, Alero or something newer but that's just me.

And just browsing ebay real quick.. here's a chrome Aurora emblem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OLDSMOBILE-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm sick of people saying, "Its an Acura?"

Well, if they're asking this question AFTER they've already hit you, I can see why you'd be sick of hearing it ;).

Seriously, tho, the emblem does look like where factory would've put it.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

"It's hard to tell if I exist" ... Barenaked Ladies ... 'Pinch Me'

I dunno, I sorta like people not knowing what the hell kinda car I drive, fellow G-body owner. It makes me laugh when people have no clue as to what my Riviera is and then watch their reaction when I tell them it's a Buick, as they have this preconceived notion of every Buick being a boring, stodgy old man's car. The best two "guesses" I've ever had are from the little brother of a girl I used to work with asking me if it was a Rolls-Royce because he saw R's all over the car, and from one day at the gas station when a young woman filling up at an adjacent pump looked at me and said "nice Jag," to which I responded by looking behind me and asking where; boy did she blush! :lol:

XP: :lol: Dumb Broads. :ph34r:

Fly: Agreed... gold package on a silver car =/= best combo.

oh i get the same thing all the time... because noone has ever heard of a monte carlo... plus it doesnt help that the only place on my black car it says "monte carlo" the words are painted black... lol

and even with the red bowtie outline on my trunk i still have people asking all the time who makes the car...

i think my favorite memory from stupid people is at school when i left my lights on and they asked the driver of a "Black Intimidator SS" to come to the main office... :lol:

Heh... I already have people asking about my Millenia. It seems no one in Brookville ever heard of one. Can't wait to remove my badges and have people guess. :lol:

Anyways, Fly... I had a badge like that I could have given you... you should have said reminded me that you wanted something like that. :P

And, XP, one time some lame-o Wackenhut reject office park security guard wrote a parking ticket for my "Buick Aurora" :rolleyes:

Hah, at least they spell the model name right; I can't tell you how many receipts, tickets, etc. I have in my file for the Buick Rivera and the Buick Riveria that I definitely don't own :P

Heh... I already have people asking about my Millenia. It seems no one in Brookville ever heard of one. Can't wait to remove my badges and have people guess. :lol:

Anyways, Fly... I had a badge like that I could have given you... you should have said reminded me that you wanted something like that. :P

Tell 'em it's an Amati.

-RBB

Cover it in black tape and garbage bags... then wait for CD & Co. to follow you around. Then have C&G speculate.

"It's a Camaro mule!!!!"

Nice Masareti in the pic Camino. Nycole tries to stump with cars when were out and about and shes amazed on how quickly I can name em off. I think it's very important to know the various names, makes and models of different automobiles. Keeps you from getting screwed by greedy dealers selling you something that doesn't exist.