treating others with respect and dignity

An open letter to the C&G community:

(Do I really need to write this? Evidently so.)

If this website is to be taken seriously, then we need to discuss ideas, not personalities; present facts, not ridicule; and try to encourage, respect, tolerate, and understand others' viewpoints. We share an enthusiasm for cars, so let's stand together with that common interest. Posters have every right and opportunity to disagree with someone else, but it isn't necessary to mock or vilify anyone or to cheapen their accomplishments! Or you have the right of ignoring someone's post. [ Refer to the "Employee Discount" thread under "General Motors News" for a number of the latest examples of what I, for one, consider rude and inappropriate behavior. ] I'm very open-minded, have a sense of humor, and am not a prude. But I'm ashamed of much of others' treatment of Josh and Buickman. Does it make you feel superior to tear someone else down? Are we mature adults or ill-mannered children? Let's all take the higher ground, because to allow anything less than that is much more offensive than cursing.

Sincerely,

- wildcat :CG_all:

I'd like to offer kudos for your post, Christopher, and would also like to add that respect is a two-way street.

For the record, those mocking aliases of members have been suspended. As for the specific instance of Buickman, I know that we all may not agree with some or much or any of what he says, but we can all agree the man is sincere and passionate about his cause. We may not agree, but we should all see his willingness to discuss in the face of so much adversity.

For one, I would like to thank you for bringing this thread to my attention, Chris.

While I will admit that I have said somethings on this site that can be taken out of context and perceived as negative I've only said things after a blatant attack has been made on me.

The baltant username of the "Joshiepoo" name, complete with a sig and avatar rip off is childish and downright immature. I've done my best to go to the powers that be here in an attempt to rid the site I had respect for of this "person" (whom we all know is a registered senior member with a vendetta or grudge against me) it has fallen on deaf ears.

Some may notice but my posts the last two weeks have been very cordial and well-intentioned all the while my name has been dragged through the mud in an attempt to discredit my credibility at any turn.

All I can say is thanks for what needed to be said, because coming from me it seems to not carry much weight, if any at all.

You know what? You're right. I salute you for this thread.

I've PMed Buickman, saying sorry for being an a***ole to him by calling him an idiot without even following his posts.

Josh, I feel for you. You're a good guy, but others are doing what I did to Buickman, and it's wrong of them to do it.

Everybody else, take the advice of this thread, please. Just be a little more caring toward your fellow C&G members.

Guest buickman

For the record, I apologize as well. It is usually inappropriate to allow the actions of others to influence or control one's own attitude. This particular thread shows quite a bit of maturity and class and makes me feel good about participating with true gentlemen. I am committed to remaining on a consistent level of decency and intend to continue showing respect for others regardless of our differences. Still, let's not be afraid to poke a little good natured fun once in awhile.

Buickman

Still, let's not be afraid to poke a little good natured fun once in awhile.

You know if someone made a plastic figurine of Buicktroll, it would be on your desk. We could have him eating a LeSabre with Wagoner inside of it screaming for mercy.

Guest YellowJacket894

I suppose the finger is pointed at me in this case. After all, I did create the "Please, Don't Feed the Buickman" poster.

Well, looking back on it, that was a step too far and I do apologize for it. But, I won't lie and say I didn't have fun making that.

In the future, I plan on not repeating such posts as the ones that can be found in Buickman's "Employee Discount" thread.

Edited by YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894

You know if someone made a plastic figurine of Buicktroll, it would be on your desk. We could have him eating a LeSabre with Wagoner inside of it screaming for mercy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rotflmao: :CG_all:

Maybe I could get some toy manufacturer to make it and we could sell it through the C&G Store. :D

Guest buickman

I suppose the finger is pointed at me in this case. After all, I did create the "Please, Don't Feed the Buickman" poster.

Well, looking back on it, that was a step too far and I do apologize for it. But, I won't lie and say I didn't have fun making that.

In the future, I plan on not repeating such posts as the ones that can be found in Buickman's "Employee Discount" thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually the poster was very funny, I got one hell of a laugh from it. You get high marks for creativity and humor. What is offensive are the unwarranted personal attacks.

Buickman

Guest buickman

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also creative, but I wouldn't do that to a LeSabre, Daewoo maybe.

Buickman

Guest YellowJacket894

Now, now children, isn't this thread about showing respect and dignity? Now how is it respectful to depict Wagoner getting eaten alive... my gosh that's horrible :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't say Wagoner, specifically. (If BM wants Wagoner in there, so be it. Me personally? I would put every member of Puddle of Mudd in there. Don't know how that would taste to Buicktroll, but...) You can put anyone you want in there. :AH-HA_wink: :D

For one, I would like to thank you for bringing this thread to my attention, Chris.

While I will admit that I have said somethings on this site that can be taken out of context and perceived as negative I've only said things after a blatant attack has been made on me.

The baltant username of the "Joshiepoo" name, complete with a sig and avatar rip off is childish and downright immature. I've done my best to go to the powers that be here in an attempt to rid the site I had respect for of this "person" (whom we all know is a registered senior member with a vendetta or grudge against me) it has fallen on deaf ears.

Some may notice but my posts the last two weeks have been very cordial and well-intentioned all the while my name has been dragged through the mud in an attempt to discredit my credibility at any turn.

All I can say is thanks for what needed to be said, because coming from me it seems to not carry much weight, if any at all.

Josh, just to put your mind at ease let me tell you this: a number of the "powers that be" noticed the Joshiepoo thing and called for its immediate end. Rest assured that it is not open season on you. Thought you should know.

Are we mature adults or ill-mannered children?  Let's all take the higher ground, because to allow anything less than that is much more offensive than cursing.

I admit I don't participate much in the type of posts/threads that you write about in this thread, wildcat, but I have noticed a level of maturity that is a bit, well, off. Hopefully this is a good start at correcting that.

*sighs*

Now, if only Chevrolet/GM would follow suit.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

What's it like to buy your favorite car brand new? Wish I knew...

"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

I admit I don't participate much in the type of posts/threads that you write about in this thread, wildcat, but I have noticed a level of maturity that is a bit, well, off.  Hopefully this is a good start at correcting that.

*sighs*

Now, if only Chevrolet/GM would follow suit.....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 32swm/pig valve/pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

What's it like to buy your favorite car brand new?  Wish I knew...

"You've made a fool of everyone" ... Jet ... 'Look What You've Done'

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+ Chat. I do believe you've been in chat with me a few times.

Bob, I'm glad at least a few here still stand up for what is right even if Fly won't.