Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com
January 4, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the first Cheers & Gears Interactive Review of 2013: The 2013 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab 4x4.
This particular Tacoma stickers at $30,580 (originally $31,005, but Toyota takes off $425.00 due to value package) thanks to the SR5 Extra Value package, towing package, an optional radio with USB and AUX, running boards, and a few odds and ends.
Power comes from a 4.0L V6 producing 236 horsepower and 266 lb-ft of torque. That is sent through a five-speed automatic down to either the rear or all four wheels thanks to a part-time 4WD system.
- The 4.0L V6 has a surprising amount of low end grunt and gets up to speed at a surprising rate.
- 4WD system is quick to engage and disengage.
- Very comfortable and well-built interior
- I forgot how bouncy a truck's ride can be. The Tacoma is a prime example of this.
- 16 City/21 Highway/18 Combined is the EPA rating for the Tacoma's V6. The full-size F-150 when equipped with the 3.5L EcoBoost is only one MPG off in the city and combined, and matches the highway.
I have the Tacoma until January 10th and will update as my time goes on. In the meantime, drop your questions and I'll do my best to answer them.