Fleet Sales for the first 6 months of 2005

Very thorough site with breakdown percentages my manufacturer.
Link

Posted Image

On the very first link on the page, they show you fleet percentages for certain cars. Here are some surprising ones.

Chrysler Sebring - 72.4% fleet!
Dodge Stratus - 72.2% fleet
Chevy Impala - 62% fleet
Kia Amanti - 64.7% fleet
Pontiac Grand Prix - 52.2% fleet

Here's a breakdown by manufacturer of some of the largest fleeted cars. GM was easily the worst...the Impala and Malibu percentages are disappointing. They didn't have any Cobalt figures. Ford had high percentages on the obvious ones like the Crown Vic and Taurus, but they're doing a good job keeping the new cars out of fleets. DCX has high fleet sales even for the 'hot' items like the 300 and Magnum. Toyota is fairly low and Nissan is moderate. I didn't bother typing out trucks but there is a link at the site.

GM
Chevy Aveo - 27% fleet
Pontiac Sunfire - 37% fleet
Pontiac Vibe - 26.6% fleet
Chevrolet Malibu Classic - 99% fleet (obviously)
Chevrolet Malibu - 47.9% fleet
Pontiac G6 - 17% fleet
Pontiac Grand Am - 71.5% fleet
Chevrolet Monte Carlo - 36.1% fleet
Pontiac Grand Prix - 52.2% fleet
Buick LeSabre - 38.7% fleet
Chevrolet Impala - 62.1% fleet
Cadillac DeVille - 32.7% fleet

Ford
Ford Focus - 30.5% fleet
Mazda 6 - 27.6% fleet
Ford Taurus - 76% fleet
Mercury Montego - 4.2% fleet...kudos to Ford for keeping this one so low
Mercury Sable - 51.2% fleet
Ford Crown Victoria - 79.6% fleet
Ford Five Hundred - 10.6% fleet...good numbers again
Mercury Grand Marquis - 32% fleet
Lincoln LS - 25.6% fleet
Volvo S60 - 23.3% fleet
Lincoln Town Car - 41.4% fleet
Jaguar XK8 - 20.7% fleet
Ford Mustang - 10.6% fleet
Ford Thunderbird - 10.6% fleet

DaimlerChrysler
Dodge Neon - 62.2% fleet
Chrysler Sebring - 72.4% fleet
Dodge Stratus - 72.3% fleet
Dodge Magnum - 31.7% fleet
Chrysler 300 - 21.1% fleet

Toyota
Toyota Echo - 22.5% fleet
Toyota Avalon - 12.4% fleet
Toyota Camry - 14% fleet
Toyota Solara - 11.4% fleet
Toyota Celica - 18% fleet

Honda's fleet sales were all pretty low percentages, so I didn't bother typing them out

Nissan
Nissan Sentra - 22.9% fleet
Nissan Altima - 12.2% fleet
Nissan Maxima - 18.7% fleet
Infiniti G35 - 8.8% fleet
Infinti Q45 - 22.7% fleet

Edited by mustang84

Thank you, Mustang, for posting a real percentage breakdown. I've been waiting ages for such a thing. Seriously!

Amanti doesn't surprise me at all. The thing is a pathetic mishmash of cars built for Enterprise anyway. Look Luxury at a Fullsize price.

The Jag, Volvo, and especially Q45 are very surprising. 14% of the Camry is still a rather sizable number.

Honda is the example to follow. I don't see how GM will be able to come back. I presume that the good number of G6 sales in november are the result of fleet sales. The problem is GM seems to design cars ( specially the interior) to meet fleet criteria. Cheap as possible.

Those are some sad numbers...the worse part is that the G6 has REALLY grown on me lately...especailly GT or GTP trim (obviously), and even though the G6 fleet percentage is on the lower side of the spectrum,relatively speaking, it is the overall GM fleet stigma that would sour me on purchasing the vehicle even though it otherwise might be very near the top of my list. A more advanced engine would probably make me change my mind, whatever the fleet percentage.

glass half full: look at how many folks get to drive these cars who otherwise might not. and look at the volume they sell to fleets, who would give that up? the problem is they need to make them desirable retail cars as well. if the cars themselve are outstanding than the retail will still be good even if they put a lot into fleets.

the problem is they need to make them desirable retail cars as well.  if the cars themselve are outstanding than the retail will still be good even if they put a lot into fleets.

[post="56123"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think this accounts for the more well-equipped models appearing on rental lots. Compare the '04 Grand Am SE I had for a rental a few years ago with the hot red '06 G6 GT with ChromeTek wheels and a sunroof I could've chosen a few months ago.

glass half full: look at how many folks get to drive these cars who otherwise might not.  and look at the volume they sell to fleets, who would give that up?

the problem is they need to make them desirable retail cars as well.  if the cars themselve are outstanding than the retail will still be good even if they put a lot into fleets.

[post="56123"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

A big problem is even the import owners who rent a GM car and like it still wouldn't buy it when it came time to spend there own hard earned money. Still I don't see how they can effectively back off their fleet sales since another manufacturer would simply fill the gap. I don't see anything wrong with Impala and Malibu selling a lot to fleets cause somebody has to but I don't think Buicks and Pontiacs should be at the Avis lot.