Sorry about this...

Scrolling will be required for this post since it's panoramic. :)

Here's what my world looks like.

Remember how I said there's nine vehicles in my driveway? :yes:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Man what do your Neighbors think about you?

I'm in excellent company.

The house you see across the road? He's a great neighbor. Not counting his familys' 4 daily drivers his collcetion of unregistered cars includes:

1970 Cadillac Coupe Deville (Mr. Death*)

1983? AMC SX4 (red)

1985 AMC Concord parts car

*ask me later, it's creepy

I also got my 2004 Demolition derby car (1990 Mazda 626) from him free of charge.

And I was the unlucky bastard who bought his old 1990 Suburban off of him for $1000. After I decided it was not worth fixing I sold it for $700 having spent $120 and a few hours on it. The kid who bought it off of me fixed it up and put it on the road after like 7 months of work.

The kicker? He totalled the truck like a week later when he rolled it into some private property in Chelmsford. There was a criminal investigation for some reason and the truck was impounded, crushed roof and all.

Did I meantion the neighbor across the way who owns the Lawnmower sales & repair shop? He's got like 12 "classic" Chevys from the ealry 60s to the mid 70s.

Among them are two 1968 Camaros, one 1969 Camaro, (being restored as we speak) Two 68/69 Chevelles, two 1970.5-1973 Camaros and several trucks. The only non-Chevrolet in the fleet is a late 50s Ford but it's Chevrolet Smal Block powered.

So yeah, not too many compalints from my neighbors. 8)

WTF were you thinking when you put up those bright blue shutters :stupid:

I recognize them all, except for the Corsica and that orange/brown sedan behind the Datsun. And the Caddy is XP's, right?

WTF were you thinking when you put up those bright blue shutters :stupid:

I recognize them all, except for the Corsica and that orange/brown sedan behind the Datsun. And the Caddy is XP's, right?

That's a 73-77 GM A-body,Z. Looks like a Buick Century or Olds Cutlass. Judging by the shape of the rear quarter, I'd say it's a Cutlass.

I'm renting this $hithole so it would be a waste of time to repaint the shutters and (not to mention) purple-eggplant patio. It's gross but it's not bad enough for me to waste my money/time/energy repainting someone elses's house.

Yup, 1977 Cutlass Supreme Sedan. Here's the complete breakdown.

- 1968 Camaro: my "Sixty8Panther" :yes:

- 1977 Olds Cutlass Sedan (XP's beater car)

- 1979 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (XP's classic... for sale again)

- 1983 Volvo 240: demolition derby car 4.1

- 1984 Datsun Maxima (daily diver)

- 1988 Chevrolet Blazer "Tetanus Shot"

- 1992 Chevrolet Corsica (269,000 miles)

- 1997 Cadillac STS (will get traded ASAP)

- 1997 Infiniti Q45 (picked it up this week)

All is missing is a sign that says:

"Panther's Deals on Wheels"

Dude, I would LOVE to have a small wholesale dealership. I justy do not have the $10,000 -to- $15,000 it takes to start one up. This state makes everything super expensive. :(

Dude, I would LOVE to have a small wholesale dealership. I justy do not have the $10,000 -to- $15,000 it takes to start one up. This state makes everything super expensive.  :(

That's a shame. Too bad you don't have $10,000 worth of cars sitting around that you could sell . . . .

If you scroll all the way to the right, you can see the doghouse Sixty8 is going to be living in if he brings one GD more vehicle home!

You know it! :CG_all:

C.H.U.D.

Nice Q. They are very classy, and have a streamlined shape that the LS snore-hundred could never quite match.

So very well put. This is exactly the way I feel. I think it may have been a back-handed complement but I think FlyB. said it best: "Japanese Buick". Although I'm bringing the car back on monday to have the rotors cut and "service engine soon" light looked at I'm very happy with this machine. The more I drive it the more I love it. 8)

I also like the beefy RWD-styling of the Last gen. of Acura RL but the FWD and V6 power means I'll never buy one. The Q on the other hand is the opposite of everything I HATE about most Japanese cars. It does not blend in, it's RWD, it's luxuirous, roomy and rides like a cloud becasue of cushy suspension, it's V8-powered, heavy and substantial in both curb weight, driving feel & when you slam the door and on top of it all it's resale is not ridiculously inflated.

Orange/brown?! No way! That fine Cutlass Supreme sedan of mine has a wonderful midwestern patina of 30 year-old sun-faded weathered red with a white steel roof. Steel wheels, dog dish hubcaps, and virtually no options, but having the Rocket 350 V8 complete the look and feel of an old fire chief's car. The mileage does too: only 77,000 original. How much did I pay for it, you ask? $230!

Sounds like a honey, XP.  Is the bottom 1/3 of the bodywork gone from too many NE winters, or is it intact?

Not ony is the car very solid but it did not spend it's entire life here in N.E.

The previous owner drove the car every day for several years and recently,

2003 IIRC, drove it from Idaho to here when he moved out to Mass.

I used to see the car around town wiht Idaho plates and wonder what the hell

the story was. One of those "if that's ever for sale cheap...." kind of things

Then one day come across the Tyngsboro Bridge burninng rubber in my Datsun and I notice it's for sale on the guys front lawn. No price just a number.

I call up XP and say: "I know you're into 2 doors only but here's a crazy deal for you"

I negotiated the low price for him when teh owner offeredit up for $500 and

said if the car did not sell it might get junked by his parents after he moves to

Washington State. The next day I drove him over there and we picked it up.

He basically got everything in the trunk for sticker price and got the Oldsmobile for free.

There was a brand new jack/jack stands, the dog dish

hubcaps, emergency roadside kit and a bunch of other stuff like cleaning products etc. in the trunk. All for $230.