Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Back to school

Satty

For me, tomorrow is the first day of the fall semester. I got an email from the instructor of my Saturday class (sports economics) and it basically said we weren't meeting this week and will only meet a couple of times a month, how sweet is that? The one bad thing about back-to-school time is the stupid parents who are raising stupid lazy kids, they sit there, on the side of the road twenty feet from the bus stop in order to pick their kid up and drive them 200 feet to the house. I could *maybe* see that if it was a really busy street they lived on or something, but it is a freaking cul-de-sac, nobody drives down it except you, woman in the red Caravan, and you only drive down to the end of it, then turn around in the middle of the street the cul-de-sac comes off of, and drive down it again. You're an idiot. Didn't you miss me ranting about stupid things?

i for one have missed your stupid rantings - why they're one of the things i look forward to first! LOL but i also miss soundgarden, the grand am GT, purple eyeshadow, smoking, and living at home, so what do i know?!? so sorry you start school so early - does everyone in the US start in August?? in canada, and this is good, right after labour day is the norm.

i for one have missed your stupid rantings - why they're one of the things i look forward to first!  LOL  but i also miss soundgarden, the grand am GT, purple eyeshadow, smoking, and living at home, so what do i know?!?

so sorry you start school so early - does everyone in the US start in August??  in canada, and this is good, right after labour day is the norm.

[post="829"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Nope, I'm in the U.S. and don't start 'til September 10. Luckily, I'm taking my road test on the 15th so I won't be all that depressed. Unless I fail, that is. :lol:

Im so ready to go back to college in a week, I go back a few days early to help the frosh move in,and to meet freshman girls ;) . Clases dont start for me till the day before labor day and then we got immediatley to a long weekend. College life realy turns my world upside down, I never thought I would have more fun at school than during the summer bt Ive been wanting this sumemr to be over for a while now. working 50 hour weeks at a lawfirm makes lotsa money but really tires you out and doesnt leave muich social time. Most of the people in the firm are really nice though and I actually went golfing with the partners a few times and had a blast at the office party last night, which I got tanked at and had to have one of the partners drive me back from lol. Still made about 15 grand this sumemr got great references and they are beggine me to come back next summer. Now its time to learn a somthing row boats, adn spend all that hard earneed money on saturday nights. Im psyched!!

That's so sly that Nick uses the spelling "ghey".  That will really throw off the homos!  Even though I graduated a little while back, I still feel the pull of change come fall.

[post="913"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

oops...yea...sorry about that...I forgot all the controversy we had a long time ago about using the term "gay" back on the old boards...oh well...no but seriously, that's how I have been spelling it lately...I don't use it in reference to homosexuality really and I don't mean any offense by it....it's just an expression I use...ah well, whatever...anyways...

I seriously do not know when school starts. Sometime after labor day... I think. They may strike, though. That's all the newspapers around here talk about. Although it may mean we have to end into the summer again... I hope they do. I don't want to go back. I got myself into so much shit last year. This year will royally suck...

Ocnblu... I've always used that term too, but have always been hesitant to say it around here. I never mean any offense by it... I just use it as Nick does. Everybody around Brookville does, actually. But that might just be the super-redneck-ness of it... Edited by blackviper8891

Here in Detoi (That's Detroit but I tried to do it in French as its original name is) they go back after Labor Day (Well in Roseville at least). I seriously wish I could be making a post about going back to school right now. God my 3rd hour teacher the last two years was flipping amazing she had the best....oh ummm yea. Seriously though, I often sit back, look at these young 15 year olds and beg to be taken back to....ahh shit there I go again. All joking aside guys, the education is one that everybody needs no matter how "ghey" it seems to be. Seriously, I wish I had known then what I know now. I'd be Bob Lutz's assistant by now if I had the same level of intelligence.

currently I am taking a business class which I am loving...It was great...the topic of multi billion dollar corporations came into play, and discussions of profits...We were discussin major auto corporations such as GM and talking about profit/debt/bankruptcy and the employee discount programs and such....they were talking about how much money it takes to make the car and how much they truly get out of them, and I just had to add in what I knew on the subject and GM's financial issues especially with the UAW etc...I have never really spoken in class before...this was probbaly one of the first times when I actually had/wanted to say something...All I've gotta say is this class is awesome and I'm so glad I'm in it...My teachers were pretty impressed with what I said anyways which makes me feel good...

My first day with the kids is Tuesday.  Their first homework assignment is due Wednesday.  <evil laugh>  It's good to be back at work again.

Mr. Chief

[post="1020"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well Chief, my first day back to work (school) is Thursday, Sept 1st... but the kids don't start until the following Wednesday (Sept 7th). And this year I'm introducing a new course (I teach Business Ed) - ENTREPRENEURSHIP. So I too will be giving out homework - first time since 2002! (that's what happens when you teach primarily computer courses!) I always enjoy my summers off, but this year will be great as the kids I advise are Seniors and Senior year is always a great year at my school (not to mention, our Senior Class Trip in March will not be to Orlando FL, but rather I'm taking them out to Southern California!).

• 3 years later...