HarleyEarl

New Dacia Logan

28 posts in this topic

Why am I getting an uber* strong Volkswagon vibe from this. *Notice the use of the German word uber.

Its a pun people you are supposed to laugh.

Back inthe 70s the Dacia was a decent looking car compared to other cars in europe. But now the Trabant is dead and this looks like ASS!

i think that from now on im gonna just never leave c&g because if i dont post immediatly some says exactly what i was gonna say, i saw that picture and thought "hmmm a volkswagon"?

Well, it has a lot of cues from the old Jetta, like the fender flares, greenhouse, side profile, and overall proportioning. I think it's kinda cool, I'd look at it for around 9k, to me it's cooler looking than the Aveo. The Aveo just has to get edgier and it would be a lot cooler, less breezy....

Well. If it has to be cheap...

Posted Image

The rims touched the ground so the car tipped over just like the first A-class.
It's Renault which makes the Dacia Logan, so what has Germany to do with it?

*Notice the use of the German word uber.

Is "Uber" a German word? Was das Volk über Sprache weiss!

Looks like a piss-poor kit car. I think Romania, former Czechoslovakia, Poland, et al have been making Soviet tanks too long...

The more I look at this car the more I like it. Something appealing about it. I can't believe I'm complimenting a Dacia. Not a stellar history.

Don't get us CzechoSloakians involved.... me or GT1750 might get offended.

FYI: here's what a Slovakian kit car looks like:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Beyond the mid engine setup and killer loks this thing offers ample trunk space. :)

Posted Image

http://www.k1-styling.sk/menu.php

From the articles I've read, my understanding is the Logan is intended to be a very inexpensive-to-build, inexpensive-to-buy car for developing markets (Eastern Europe, India, African countries, etc)..

Correct. But that should still not be an excuse for making it so unsafe that it only receives 3 stars at Euroncap and tips over in the infamous moose test.

You get waht you pay for. Given the choice betwen a semi-safe car adn NO car most people in the market for a Dacia will go with a cheap new car versus walking.

It is very cheap to build and sell, hence the very cheap to stamp panels (no deep draw, multi-strike panels here folks). Basic competition is the previous generation Astra sedan, as the Polish built Astra Classic and, the Russian Chevrolet Viva and other older C-segment sedans. GM do Brasil is working on their own ultra-cheap world car.

Man, I like that car....excellent design.  I LOVE IT!!!  That should be a full production car!

[post="14121"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

It is [based] on a production car. Guess which one? No fair looking off the website either.

Is it a current production car?...I can't even guess. Something GM? The design on this, for a kit car is very refined. Very nicely done.

Looks like a piss-poor kit car.

I think Romania, former Czechoslovakia, Poland, et al have been making Soviet tanks too long...

[post="13827"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think you should do some research of what they produce before making prejuduce comments like that

Gotta love our Slavic Women, my Slovakian friend :)

[post="14297"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yup.... more often then not, Eastern Europen women are stunning. B)

The production car it's based on is a bit of a dissapointment for myself. but I can understand why they chose it as a base.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room