Sign in to follow this  
Northstar

Real-World MDX pics

40 posts in this topic

Paolino    99

Not a fan.

siegen    20

Notice that the trim doesn't like up from the door to the dash.

In what picture? This one?

Posted Image

It looks to me like the door might not be closed all the way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precocious little scamp, ain't I?

195383[/snapback]

The only real similarity I see is the back window curve. What is that, a Saturn SUV?

Northstar    11

In what picture? This one?

Posted Image

It looks to me like the door might not be closed all the way.

195394[/snapback]

Yes, that picture. Even if the door is open a slight bit though, it's not going to make the trim on the door move down when it closes.

siegen    20

Yes, that picture. Even if the door is open a slight bit though, it's not going to make the trim on the door move down when it closes.

195404[/snapback]

I don't really see anything wrong. It could just be the angle that's making it look wierd. Better go look at one in person once they hit dealers :P

big blue    1

Real world pics of the MDX are damn beautiful. The wood works well with the black interior. The rear is also very nice looking in these pics. I can see what people are saying about the Suzuki XL-7 but in my eyes, the XL-7's front end looks like it was stretched down due to the headlights ending further down than the grille. Meh, love this car :) Still prefer the MDX in darker colors to help contrast with the grill more.

regfootball    250

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precocious little scamp, ain't I?

195383[/snapback]

closed circuit to flybrian, i made that comparo to our honda banger friends about a week ago already, and its even more obvious in the photos you selected....so maybe that XL7 is gonna be a helluva nice vehicle for the price

and it looks like an ACURA!!!!!!!

Edited by regfootball

siegen    20

The headlights on the Suzuki are pretty bad, and don't look at all like the MDX if you ask me:

Posted Image

I did a quick photoshop on the driver's side headlight to show that they could look infinitely better with just a minor tweak. I can't believe the designers didn't do this:

Posted Image

Edited by siegen

siegen    20

I'd have an easier time tryin to pilot a commercial airliner than finding the volume knob in that clusterf*cked dash.

195513[/snapback]

What's the matter, afraid of a few buttons?

Cory Wolfe    263

Wow... the MDX looks even better in person. Sexy. Love it, inside and out.

As far as the XL7 comparision... it looks ungainly and ugly, especially compared to the MDX.

regfootball    250

I'd have an easier time tryin to pilot a commercial airliner than finding the volume knob in that clusterf*cked dash.

195513[/snapback]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BMW's idrive looks easier to use

Mr.Krinkle    0

195404[/snapback]

after looking at the picture i think it was built that way. the door looks closed its just that it looks as if the line continues from the passenger side. not the drivers.

it looks strange to me it looks like it has an "occular" look to it.

i dont like it and i think it will be dated soon.

edit: and theres way too many g"d^amn*d buttons and markings. i think theyre trying way too hard now.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

siegen    20

generally, simpler is better

Posted Image

195673[/snapback]

Considering the MDX shown is probably the highest end version, there is a lot of stuff to squeeze into there, which require a lot of buttons that may look daunting at first. If you can find a way to make controls for all of these features into 4 buttons and an annoying touch spinny thing, be my guest. :AH-HA_wink:

- Driver's 10-way power seat, including power adjustable lumbar support

- Electronic tilt and telescoping steering column

- Acura personalized settings for driver's seat, steering column, outside mirrors, climate control, select audio settings and more

- Front passenger 8-way power seat

- Front heated seats

- Second-row heated outboard seats

- 410-watt, 10-speaker Acura/ELS Surround™ Premium Sound System with multi-format 6-disc in-dash CD/DVD-AUDIO changer, AM/FM tuner, and XM® Satellite Radio, including 8-inch subwoofer

- Auxiliary jack for personal audio devices

- Multi-Information Display (MID) allows access to multiple electronic functions

- Exterior temperature indicator

- Smart Maintenance

- HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface

- Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™ and rear view camera

- AcuraLink™ satellite communication system with real-time traffic

- Power moonroof with tilt, auto-open/close, auto-reverse and key-off operation

- Heated outside mirrors with reverse gear tilt-down

- Speed-sensing, variable intermittent windshield wipers

- Intermittent rear-window wiper

- Cruise control

- Power windows with driver and front passenger's auto-up/down, auto-reverse and key-off operation

- GPS-linked, solar-sensing, Tri-Zone, automatic climate control system with humidity control and filtration

- DVD Rear Entertainment System with wireless headphones and remote control

- 110-volt power outlet in center console

- Remote power-operated tailgate

- Auto day/night mirror with compass

- Overhead map lights (front and rear)

All or most of these features will require some sort of space on the front dash area. And there are probably plenty I missed, specially the more common buttons/controls. So, all this and 10 cup holders, and you guys still find a way to complain!