Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Drove a Charger R/T

GMman

Drove a co-worker's Charger R/T today. Great looking car outside. Great looking inside. Nice room. Fantastic power. . Don't know if it was the tires or what, but I noticed quite a bit of road noise coming in the cabin on the highway.....seemed odd. The interior materials were suprisingly nice. The wife and I rented a Chrysler 300 a couple of years ago and the interior was REALLY cheap on it. I was real disappointed, so it was a nice suprise to see the interior on the Charger seem classy. My buddy said he's getting close to 20 MPG combined city/hwy. Not too shabby for a HEMI, but he only has 1250 miles on the clock.

Within the next year or so, I need to buy a large car. I was eyeing the Buick Lucerne, but after today, I'm really going to consider the Charger as well.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you, GMman.  The Charger is a very compelling car.

197632[/snapback]

It's the kind of car one can only hope is in Pontiac's future..something with serious hardware--RWD, V8, IRS.

The Charger is on my list.....

I test drove one several months ago and hope to rent one for my road trip out west in a couple weeks or so to get a better "feel" for it. We'll see ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

MC:family.IL.guide.future = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/

Models.HO = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/trainroom.html

To buy Dodge Charger or to buy Ford Mustang...THAT is the Q

"I wanna drive" ... Trace Adkins ... '(Her Favorite Color Is) Chrome'

tested the r/t a while back and rented one to take to chicago. didn't buy it. noisy and the interior started feeling cheesy. liked the magnum a little better. it seemed more quiet on the inside.

for the money....if you didn't want to spend any more cash.....overall, the charger is a good deal.

eh... my experiences riding in and driving an r/t led me to the conclusion that the suspension is one of the floatiest ive ever felt (my mom has an 05 Deville... so thats saying alot) and i just dont want that in a sports sedan... i was in a car with over 100 more horsepower than my monte carlo... and for all i felt i couldve been driving a civic... the interior did feel cheesy after a while... just like jry said... and to be honest... i wouldve like the hemi to be louder... my 3800 sounds like a monster when i floor it... the hemi just sort of... loudly yawned up the tach... as far as styling... most people hated it at first and then warmed up to it... im going to be honest... im the complete opposite... when i first saw that car at the NYIAS in 2005 i was in love... but now... i wonder what pissed off a 300 so much... because thats all this car is to me these days... a pissed off looking 300... with a suspension fit for a land yacht... not a sports sedan... they came so close... but those minor details just ruin the car for me at least

eh... my experiences riding in and driving an r/t led me to the conclusion that the suspension is one of the floatiest ive ever felt  just like jry said... and to be honest... i wouldve like the hemi to be louder...

198464[/snapback]

Try one with the Road/Track Performance Group.

Im glad to see that there are people out there who really like the car. when i was living in alabama most people hated the car. I loved it after i got used to a charger having four doors. I'm really glad there are people who think like me.