Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

WE HAVE SNOW IN ONTARIO!!!!!!!!!!

As of today's snowsqualls we have snow. It isnt too much but it all came down in 20 mins. We have about 2 cms or more. Toronto isnt supposed to get snow but Orangeville is an hour and a bit north of the city. Here are some pics of my street and backyard.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BTW the patterns in the backyard pics is the screen door. Snow would've come in if it was opened. It was squalling at the time but it doesnt really show up on camera.

Edited by american_revolution_2005

No snow yet. But the temps are definitely beginning to drop off-only supposed to be like 57 tomorrow.

BTW, those are some nice houses you've got up there, a_r. Full brick exteriors too! The mini-mansions sprouting up around here have brick fronts and tan plastic siding.

Edited by DetroitNut90

Most houses in my town or Ontario rather are brick houses. We live in an estate neighbourhood so it is a larger, upscale neighbourhood. There are a lot of big houses here. These houses aren't new as well. These were built in 89. They just started extending on to our neighbourhood so now they are going with the stone look. The newer houses are much more expensive though. Supposed to start at $600s and up.

The new development they're putting up in my backyard starts in the 700s...yet they're only billed as "middle class" residences and will look really weird next to the '50s-style ranchers and split-levels. I doubt our house could fetch $400K if we asked.

Random tangent, sorry.

Yeah, I heard that London has snow too. Nothing here in Pickering.

I'm not happy about that, I have to drive down to Chatham tomorrow. Hopefully it's gone.

204068[/snapback]

My g/f lives in London, yes a long distance relationship, ill hafta ask her how much they got. She drive a Cobalt LT coupe.

Oh thank God I'm in LA...really not interested in dusting off the old peacoat this winter...

204089[/snapback]

You're funny! You've joined the ranks of the many who proclaim "I love L.A." (raunchy but funny song by Randy Newman) and you cited one of the very best reasons to love it.

LA: where you GO TO THE SNOW... because it doesn't come to you.

Edited by trinacriabob

I like our houses in our neighbourhood. The one on the right side of the pic is the same style as mine. That other house was an old guy who owned it but he recently passed and he didnt even want to be taken to the hospital. He wanted to die in bed so he did. It was quite sad cause he was so nice. He drove his cars into the ground and they were always GMs. He drove them til they literally died. He blew the tranny and engine of his Cutlass Ciera Wagon trying to get out of a snowbank. He decided to floor the car but it never moved and the car gave out.

heh i need new tires pronto. Some how the water under my car froze (didnt think it was that cold today) and i had to push my car since i had no traction what so ever. then off every stop i had tire spinage. I guess the $20 tires aren't a good deal after all only 12,000 hard abuse miles.