help me save my familys garage!

alright right now... my family's garage is under seige... my moms Caddy and my Monte are fine... my dad who unfortunately was forced into a purchase before the GMT-900s came out... drives a toyota sequoia (the front wheel of his 98 astro fell off in summer 05... and he needed a new truck asap for his job) so right now its 2 to 1... not so bad

however... my sister is getting her license soon... and so she has been looking at cars (both my parents cars are insured by my dad's company... noone under 18 can drive them with coverage... thats why i got my own car) she doesnt want a coupe... she started out really wanting a toyota avalon... but my parents said it was too expensive... right now... shes in love with the acura TL...

ive tried to show her american cars she might like... but she looks at pictures and says no without even seeing the actual car... she said no to the Aura!!!!

i dont know what to do... any of you guys know of any cars she might be interested in? preferably american... because while im at college... my Monte is being stored in a seperate garage... so the odds may become 2 to 1 the wrong way... and i just dont want that to happen

The Acura TL is a very good car, and would be a good buy... providing the price is right for your family.

However, for the sake of buying Domestic, maybe show her some polarizing designs...

Chrysler 300 or other LX vehicle?...

Maybe a CTS?...

Sounds like she only likes her vehicles based on looks, and these may sway her. Not to mention that she'll be a total dude magnet if she drives an LX car. :lol:

Her liking the TL disproves that point....

204108[/snapback]

I'll kinda rephrase what I meant...

She seems set on the TL, snd is rejecting pictures of other vehicles. It's time for some "shock and awe..." Find some badass pictures of the CTS or LX cars and show her those. If she doesn't respond, well, she's lost to us all.

The Mazda6 would be a good choice-especially in S V6 trim. Would she be interested in a Fusion/Milan? Maybe a Charger?

Or if it doesn't have to be new, how about a gently-used Lincoln LS or Cadillac Seville?

Guest YellowJacket894

My suggestion: take your sister to any GM or Chrysler dealer and let her see the cars in person. You can't go by the photos from GM Media, anyway.

If she is just flat-out biased to imports, just show her all of the recalls and complaints for Toyota.

My suggestion: take your sister to any GM or Chrysler dealer and let her see the cars in person. You can't go by the photos from GM Media, anyway.

If she is just flat-out biased to imports, just show her all of the recalls and complaints for Toyota.

204198[/snapback]

And the problems with Hondas like the Ridgeline.

Guest YellowJacket894

This won't work. Trust me. I've used this to convince people and all I get is laughed at.

204204[/snapback]

:nono:

People can be bigger tools than I thought.

If it's on the NHTSA site (and it's Canadian equivalent), then I doubt it's bull$h!.

um... what happened to the days were if you got a car you were happy? And if your parents gave you a car you were coolest kid in town. Tell her to walk to work and start saving her own money to buy her first car then she will see the beauty in the 87 buick century 4 sale at 800 dollars. personaly i think if she is just starting to drive you should tell your parents to get her a used 2000 Sebring or intrepid or tarus or grand prix. those are the cars that are easy to drive and are cheap to maintain. plus they are cheap. And if she doesnt like the car well she just wont drive then.

Seriously? If she wants to drive an import, that's her deal. The TL is nice, I won't lie. See if she likes a Mercury Milan or a Mazda6. Maybe even a Lincoln MKZ since it looks sporty. Those are all good choices.

Honestly though? I'd steer her toward a late model/new Volvo or a Saab 9-3. She will prolly like the Volvo more, and I wouldn't blame her.

I just wanna know how your dad was "forced" into a Sequoia. I get the T900s weren't out yet...fine...but that's when you get "forced" into an Expedition (i.e. the next best thing).

um... what happened to the days were if you got a car you were happy? And if your parents gave you a car you were coolest kid in town. Tell her to walk to work and start saving her own money to buy her first car then she will see the beauty in the 87 buick century 4 sale at 800 dollars. personaly i think if she is just starting to drive you should tell your parents to get her a used 2000 Sebring or intrepid or tarus or grand prix. those are the cars that are easy to drive and are cheap to maintain. plus they are cheap. And if she doesnt like the car well she just wont drive then.

204219[/snapback]

Gotta agree with that. She should be grateful she gets a car. If she's a new drover she shouldn't be getting a new/expensive. If she wrecks an cheap car then it's not a big deal.

See if she likes a Mercury Milan or a Mazda6.  Maybe even a Lincoln MKZ since it looks sporty.  Those are all good choices.

204250[/snapback]

Dude, you just suggested the same car three times.

* ducks and runs *

to answer most of the questions...

she actually had expressed interest in the Milan and MKZ... i forgot about those two...

ive told my parents to take her to a dealership and show her the cars... hopefully that will help...

as far as what happened to being happy about getting a car... i dunno... my sister is kinda spoiled... like... i insisted i pay for as much of my car as i could... and i was really excited when my parents offered to pay as much as they did for my monte (we went about half and half... and i do plan on paying them back for it once i get a steady job after college)... but my sister has kinda always gotten what she wants... who knows really...