*BV is Pissed*

Cory Wolfe

I don't know where to start... Tonight, I heard my mom is getting harrassed in work because of me. I'm beyond pissed right now. What they're doing is not right and it makes me furious. I honestly feel like marching in there and confronting the assholes that are doing this. I'm just getting so sick and f@#king tired of the homophobia here in Brookville... I really am. I absolutely hate it.

Back in my day when we found out a boy had a bad case of fairy we'd send 'im off to war; straightened 'im right out! :P

So seriously, though; how did your sexual orientation even enter the water cooler small talk where your mom works? Did she make the mistake of thinking she could trust her coworkers and bring it up herself, or.....

So seriously, though; how did your sexual orientation even enter the water cooler small talk where your mom works? Did she make the mistake of thinking she could trust her coworkers and bring it up herself, or.....

206989[/snapback]

That's what I wanna know...

It could be a number of things. My mom, yeah, has a big mouth. She told most of my family, including my dad, without giving me a chance to. Then there's how I'm not denying all this anymore and I've come out to all of my friends and such and I'm not trying to keep it a secret. There's that part of it where I feel I let this happen to her that makes me mad, then the part with the intolerant rednecks that makes me even more mad. It just sucks.

Well it sucks they're doing it, but I really don't see how it's your fault...

I mean yea it sucks, but on the other your mom's a big girl and if she opened her mouth then that's what's happening as a result. You've been vague about the extent of the alleged harrassment...but if it's bad, take some legal action. PA definitely has laws about workplace harrassment.

Edited by Croc

I honestly dont know what the extent of the harrassment is. She just told me she was and that she wasnt happy about it... and I could tell she wasnt, for sure. I thought about it being possible to take legal action, I definitely need to bring this up with her. I just cant beleive people can be so inconsiderate and disrespectful. I can handle myself being harrassed, but when my family starts getting harrassed for something that can't do a damn thing about, it really pisses me off. Maybe it isn't all my fault, but either way, I feel obliged to do something about it. I want to. My Mom doesnt deserve any of this and I dont like seeing her getting $h! about it when it's me, not her.

Wow... that's... pretty bad...

This may even get worse. If your mom is getting harassed at work about it, how long will it be until those who are harrassing her tell other people about it...

...then who knows what can happen... :nono:

If anything, hire someone to kick their asses. Maddox offers such a service, or if you want, pay my airfare and I'll do it for you! You'll also need to provide the blunt stick with a nail through it...

Hope this blows over.

Viper, have you been to visit your mom at work? Is it possible for you to maybe go in there and pick her up to go out to lunch or something? If her coworkers have never seen you, it might help her if you show your face... just act clueless about the harrassment, act normal and go in there. Sometimes the immature fear and ignorance can be alleviated just by gaining a level of familiarity with the people in question.

Of course, plan it with your mom first. It will work better if she knows you're coming and makes arrangements ahead of time. Her coworkers will see that you're a good, normal son and maybe this whole thing will cease to be an issue for her.

Wow... that's... pretty bad...

This may even get worse. If your mom is getting harassed at work about it, how long will it be until those who are harrassing her tell other people about it...

...then who knows what can happen...  :nono:

207016[/snapback]

:withstupid:

He brings up a good point, here. Take care of it before it gets the chance to escalate further. People are f@#ked up; who knows what can happen if the wrong person knows about it and has too much time on their hands. As an example, I'm a manager at a local auto parts store and I've had to help gay people find paint after having the word FAG keyed into their cars on more than one occasion; seen it with my own two eyes, unfortunately. :nono:

Sorry to hear this, it is horrible. I know your mom is sticking up for you and both of you shouldn't let it be a bother. Still, it is harassment and shouldn't have to deal with it period. She should ask them to stop and if they don't she needs to go to a supervisor. If it still doesn't end then she needs to get the law involved.

See the thing about this that works in your "favor" is that your MOM is being harassed and not you. So many state laws are out of date and don't provide protection for gay people...but your mom isn't gay! So I doubt there would be any problem whatsoever on the legal side since no one could argue having a moral crusade against HER.

:duh: First of all the "harasment" I am guessing, amounts to little more than "teasing" and insulting comments about her "son". Im not saying its OK, I for example am more willing to take a physical beating than be verbally abused, that $h! really gets me worked up, as you all know. However, going around being pissy and show bad attitude will only give people more reason to have too much to say about stuff. Thats a fact ! Trust me, Im an odd duck too and any respect I ever earned came hard, those that really know me, respect me to the fullest.

So I guess Im agreeing with what Blu said, only more to the point.

I would like to add this, which you wont like but too bad !

Your job in this whole scenerio is to prove your worth or value as a man. Are you doing this ? Do you work ? Go to school ? Finish school ? Treat people politely and fairly when intermingling. How do you carry yourself ? What kind of person are you showing yourself as being... in your town ?

These are the real important matters. If you carry yourself well and prove a worthy contributing part of socioty, your family nor yourself will never need to hang their head and eventually people will see you as what you really are, not a label.

It will be many more generations before "gays" will be completely accepted, if then or ever. That is something you will need to deal with. So while your running around with bad attitude about your "redneck" neighbors they are running around with a bad attitude about "gays". It seems the ball is in your hands, question is what are you going to do with it ?

Viper, have you been to visit your mom at work?  Is it possible for you to maybe go in there and pick her up to go out to lunch or something?  If her coworkers have never seen you, it might help her if you show your face... just act clueless about the harrassment, act normal and go in there.  Sometimes the immature fear and ignorance can be alleviated just by gaining a level of familiarity with the people in question.

Of course, plan it with your mom first.  It will work better if she knows you're coming and makes arrangements ahead of time.  Her coworkers will see that you're a good, normal son and maybe this whole thing will cease to be an issue for her.

207033[/snapback]

I haven't, but since she brought this up with me, I've thought about going into her workplace, albeit for no real reason other than to see why this is even an issue. That and for people who have a problem with it to take it up with me, not her. But that's probably a much better idea than mine, which stems from my typical attitude about this.

These are women we're dealing with. Still, this is nothing a few good square kicks in the box couldn't fix.

207046[/snapback]

No, she works with men, too. She works in a Carbon factory. She essentially makes tiny parts, like springs and such, for any random machinery, including vehicles.

See the thing about this that works in your "favor" is that your MOM is being harassed and not you.  So many state laws are out of date and don't provide protection for gay people...but your mom isn't gay!  So I doubt there would be any problem whatsoever on the legal side since no one could argue having a moral crusade against HER.

207079[/snapback]

Yeah, I thought so, too.

I would like to add this, which you wont like but too bad !

Your job in this whole scenerio is to prove your worth or value as a man. Are you doing this ? Do you work ? Go to school ? Finish school ? Treat people politely and fairly when intermingling. How do you carry yourself ? What kind of person are you showing yourself as being... in your town ?

These are the real important matters. If you carry yourself well and prove a worthy contributing part of socioty, your family nor yourself will never need to hang their head and eventually people will see you as what you really are, not a label.

207096[/snapback]

I'm working on alot of that. No job as of yet, but I'm looking and have applied at one place so far. School, if you didnt know fell through for me, so I'm planning on getting a GED. As far as the rest... I don't treat anyone differently unless they give me a reason to. I'm nice, polite, etc... I'm just shy. I carry myself fine, like a regular person, and that's how I what I show myself as... because, that's what I am.

Wait, you don't throw like a girl, do ya Vipes?

Haha... No, I throw like a regular guy. I'm just sensitive on the inside. :P