CORVETTE Z06 VS FORD GT

I think it probably will beat them in a race. The GT might slightly beat it in acceleration, but it's also possible that the conditions were superb when the tested the GT 0-60 in 3.3. MT got 0-60 in 3.5, so that's pretty close, and the 1/4 mile is really what matters since 0-60 comes so fast.

OMG - These are sports cars children, you know road course cars, LeMans, Sebring......ring any bells yet ???????? THese are not stupid little 1/4 mile cars that have little further use, I dont think the Corvette was designed to prove itself at local so called "speedways". Dont know much about the replicas road worthyness but its original already proved itself decades ago. The Corvette has proved itself for the last 4 years. S7 just doesnt have it going on and the Viper has proved that it can disturb more tire barriers than Nascar laps run under caution. hoy boy, a real magazine shoot out :unsure:

OMG - These are sports cars children, you know road course cars, LeMans, Sebring......ring any bells yet ???????? THese are not stupid little 1/4 mile cars that have little further use, I dont think the Corvette was designed to prove itself at local so called "speedways".

Dont know much about the replicas road worthyness but its original already proved itself decades ago. The Corvette has proved itself for the last 4 years. S7 just doesnt have it going on and the Viper has proved that it can disturb more tire barriers than Nascar laps run under caution.

hoy boy, a real magazine shoot out  :unsure:

[post="15974"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

your totaly right.

but the vette has it beat its smaller and more agility.

i think a lap around Nurinburg germany

Its funny how the z06 is a "supercar" it doesnt look like one its more of a sleeper.

OMG - These are sports cars children, you know road course cars, LeMans, Sebring......ring any bells yet ???????? THese are not stupid little 1/4 mile cars that have little further use, I dont think the Corvette was designed to prove itself at local so called "speedways".

Dont know much about the replicas road worthyness but its original already proved itself decades ago. The Corvette has proved itself for the last 4 years. S7 just doesnt have it going on and the Viper has proved that it can disturb more tire barriers than Nascar laps run under caution.

hoy boy, a real magazine shoot out  :unsure:

[post="15974"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

wow you sound extremely bitter.

wow you sound extremely bitter.

[post="16277"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I was just slightly razzled when I came to this topic thinking the GT was on the track turning laps with Corvette and company, instead I see a bunch of talk about 0-60 times and that the 1/4 mile was the "real" test :rolleyes: yes indeed my reaction was "OMG".

empowah - Supercar is identified mainly by styling it seems or perhaps it needs to be midengined, or perhaps it is a price tag. Im not really sure. Under these unstandardized rules I would assume the Ferrari Enzo is a Supercar but the Maranello is a sportscar ? This would mean the S7 is a "Supercar" while the Corvette is a sportscar, yet they both includeing Maranello compete in GT1 the former GTS catagory. This is all so open to interpretation. SO where does all this leave the Modena, Aston Martins, Viper and ___ fill in the blank car?

So while we may not want to think of the Corvette as a "Supercar" it surely has proven to be one and one of the most "Supercars".

Now for "pedigree"

The Corvette has a pedigree, the GT is a clone bred from frozen semen and has a pedigree with a 40 year void in it. Thereby not entirely recognized by the "Supercars Breeders and Judges Association of the World". That would be SB&JAW to those in the know. :CG_all:

I could give two hoots about what Corvette does in 0-60 or the "big" 1/4 miler. So long as it keeps sales high and the rest of the pack in the chase on the "real" tracks it will remain a Supercar of high pedigree.

the Corvette Z06 (427) has managed to B!tch slap just about any sports car costing less than half a million dollars. And yet it costs $69 grand. Insult to injury. I love it. Rub that salt into Ferraris' wound. Now ask yourself: how fast would cars like the Enzo & Ford GT & Merceliago be without the Z06's presance? How abouot 650HP Mercedes Benz sedans? Do you think they would eve even exist if it was not for the fact that a $50,000 car spanks their $80,000 cars. Competition is a great thing. Edited by Sixty8panther