Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

TOO MANY BALLS

ocnblu

On Fall Sundays, I usually get the urge to cook something. This evening for dinner I made meatballs to put in with pasta sauce and shells. I baked them in a cooking bag... but darn it, I made too many. What do you guys do with your extra balls?

I guess I could make gravy for them and serve them over noodles, or I could buy some sub rolls and put some pizza sauce and mozzarella on top for a meatball sandwich.

Any other idears?

Edited by ocnblu

Meatball sandwich all the way. Or, next time you make your patented pita-bread pizza, slice them up and sprinkle them on top.

Roberto, watch that tongue! :lol:

Hmmm... good idea, z. I could also simmer them in grape jelly and ketchup (you might think "ew", but try it once... makes an excellent sweet & sour sauce.)

Edited by ocnblu

When I'm away from C&G for a while it's O.B.'s

non sequitur posts that I miss the most.... :P

Your balls are crying out for some creamy sauce.  How about a mushroom sauce (keep it simple:  mushroom soup), then spill it over your noodle(s) and then shoot some fresh parmesan cheese over it. 

Very tasty....quite mouth-watering really.

212402[/snapback]

Oh, and if you want to kick it up a notch and make the mushroom soup sauce even more special, slice up some big mushroom heads and toss them in.

Another hint, if going to a potluck, put all the ingredients into a casserole dish with tight fitting lid and nestle it into the engine compartment of your car. It will be piping hot by the time you get to your destination.