2006 Aston Martin V8 Vantage

HarleyEarl

Yes I agree, they are just about perfect. Thing I am concerned with is the DB body style will eventually need to go somewhere and Im just not sure what could be better, something that would not be a step back. Its a good thing they are very limited volumn. This will help keep them fresh. The fastback without glass just makes them nicer I believe. This is something I must say I wish they would do with the Corvette. I think it is time to do something else besides the glass back, whats it been? nearly 30 years of wrap around glass? I would like to see the return of the sails and removable rear window or perhaps just a windowless fastback.

I think there was one Vantage and one Vanquish at Limerock. We looked them over for a long time. The interiors were just so leathery and nice. One was more luxury and one more sporty. The luxury model which was the Vanquish Im assuming ? Had a two tone saddle leather that was so fine with wood trim, I would never be able to get out of one if I could own. Just long enough to eat.

This is a 04 DB9 that seems similar
Posted Image
Posted Image
I dont remember black steering wheel though, they need to do something there.

Quite the fan club in here! Don't sign me up, tho. Overall the vantage looks pretty good, tho there are a number of small details inconsistant & frankly: pedestrian relative to the car's price. Here's one: the pig costs $110,000, has really beautifully-grained wood that's not buried in a half-inch of snotty plastic for a change, yet still uses air vents made of molded black plastic! No F-ing way at $110 grand! My neighbor has a DB7 that I looked over (and under) real well recently, and the car is pure junk and laughable in design & engineering at $25K, nevermind the $70-someK it cost new. I would vehemently hope, for A-M's sake, that the Vantage/Vanquish are world's better (overall they look to be via the pics)...

Quite the fan club in here! Don't sign me up, tho.

Overall the vantage looks pretty good, tho there are a number of small details inconsistant & frankly: pedestrian relative to the car's price.

Here's one: the pig costs $110,000, has really beautifully-grained wood that's not buried in a half-inch of snotty plastic for a change, yet still uses air vents made of molded black plastic! No F-ing way at $110 grand!

My neighbor has a DB7 that I looked over (and under) real well recently, and the car is pure junk and laughable in design & engineering at $25K, nevermind the $70-someK it cost new. I would vehemently hope, for A-M's sake, that the Vantage/Vanquish are world's better (overall they look to be via the pics)...

[post="18295"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The air vents are made from brushed aluminum, not molded black plastic.

Here's your favorite reviewer's review of it, by the way... <_<
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0...1783736,00.html

:lol: That guys funny, if his reviews are acurate he does bring some good points. I still dont see a Aston Martin as being in the same league as a 911 though so I dont get the comparision. If money is the main issue the Corveette should be the only car mentioned in the artical. The 911 is the most proven sports car ever but is just not all that special anymore due to the volumn and 40 years. After all, this sports car nitch is alot about rarity and individuality and appearence at least in the big dollar more luxury based cars like Aston Martins. I dont think sports cars are marketed toward that same consumer that would prefer large older styled American cars from the 30's-50's. I know I dont have a large interest in the older American cars and HotRods. I do appreaciate them for what they are and were but also realize if one wanted to they could highly scrutinize these cars as well. If I was in the required tax bracket I would surely buy an Aston and park it/ drive it right along with my C6 and my 360 and my 66 Toronado and my 67 Riviera GS. Im sure many thought the Packards, Cadillacs, Auburns, Duesenburgs were a rip off in their day too.

I'm thre first one to say Aston Martin makes a sexy, good looking car. I wish the relationship between the 1st gen. Camaro and upcoming 5th gen was just lie the realtionship between the AM DB5 and this car. IN other words... 21st century evolution of a classic.

Having said that I'd take a few differetn cars over this in terms of looks. It looks awsome but it's not my favorite by far:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and of course you knew this was coming:

Posted Image

The air vents are made from brushed aluminum, not molded black plastic.

Is the entire backing on the center stack also brushed aluminum- because that looks exactly like black plastic also. Or is it just awful photography making it look cheap?
Was looking at printed pics of this car's interior today, and the tumescent, overly-emphasized stitching has to go. Otherwise it looks very inviting in pics.

Here's your favorite reviewer's review of it, by the way...  <_<

Not that dick again...

Forget the DB7..it had a lot of Jaguar XJ-S parts underneath...the DB9 and V8 Vantage are totally different cars..

[post="18488"][/post]

I love all Aston Martins including the DB2, The DB7 suits me just fine, 335/361 out of a SC 3.2 I6, 14.7@104, 171top, only .85G, great looks, expensive - oh well. It must be that old English blood in me.

They bumped it up a little with this car
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

• 2 weeks later...
I was watching Overhaulin the other day where Foose was redoing a NAVY SEAL's 50 Ford when Adam Corolla shows up in a brand new Aston Martin and wanted the Foose magic applied to it. It would be intersesting to see what Foose could do with it, but I must admit it seems difficult to improve on what the designers have done. On the other hand I also wonder what Foose could do with my 93 Trans Am. Edited by prinzSD