• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
ocnblu

scharmer05's big day

Happy Birthday to scharmer05, our dude with the sporty little brown Impala in his sig. Have a good day, sir!

Happy Birthday! :)

HB, buddy. i cruised through your homeland this weekend! but i didn't see you on the roads!

Edited by regfootball

Happy day of the anniversary of your birth. :D

Thanks the the Bday wish fellas. It has been a fun day.

And Reg I was in GF this weekend. I'm guessing that is where you were. We had a family wedding there this weekend.

Thanks the the Bday wish fellas.  It has been a fun day.

And Reg I was in GF this weekend.  I'm guessing that is where you were.  We had a family wedding there this weekend.

220356[/snapback]

we were at the parents in grand forks on sat. stayed most of the afternoon. where was the wedding? my folks live in the columbia park towers by the mall.

my dad and i went to the GM dealer and he was checking out the CTS until he found it out it was RWD. He likes the new STS as well and that can be had with AWD if you can find one that way. Now that's getting older he wants the sportier looking caddies. I grabbed an Acadia brochure.

Edited by regfootball

we were at the parents in grand forks on sat.  stayed most of the afternoon.  where was the wedding?  my folks live in the columbia park towers by the mall.

my dad and i went to the GM dealer and he was checking out the CTS until he found it out it was RWD.  He likes the new STS as well and that can be had with AWD if you can find one that way.  Now that's getting older he wants the sportier looking caddies.  I grabbed an Acadia brochure.

220424[/snapback]

The wedding was at Holy Family Catholic, which is just off Washington not too far from Rydells. The reception and dance were at the Holiday Inn. Speaking of Rydells, it really is a cool place after they redid it I think, and they always have a ton of vehicles on the lot. Suprisingly they actually have some pretty decent deals despite owning most of the dealerships in town. I know my Grandpa was looking at trading in his DHS on a STS also, and decided that if he is that he would like AWD as well. I don't quite understand why though, because I have never seen him in his DHS after the snow falls anyway, but he is stubborn and that is what he wants I guess.

Happy belated, Scharm! I was in Vancouver over the weekend and did not plug in to C and G.

Yep, we Nov 22 to Dec 21 people are the coolest, aren't we? (don't know how much I believe in that stuff, anyway).

Hope you had a great day!

The wedding was at Holy Family Catholic, which is just off Washington not too far from Rydells.  The reception and dance were at the Holiday Inn.  Speaking of Rydells, it really is a cool place after they redid it I think, and they always have a ton of vehicles on the lot.  Suprisingly they actually have some pretty decent deals despite owning most of the dealerships in town.  I know my Grandpa was looking at trading in his DHS on a STS also, and decided that if he is that he would like AWD as well.  I don't quite understand why though, because I have never seen him in his DHS after the snow falls anyway, but he is stubborn and that is what he wants I guess.

220440[/snapback]

yeah rydell's is where I got my Aztek from. they do give good deals. now they have all GM brands including Saturn (but not Saab and Hummer).

Its kind of a painful time right now to recommend a cadillac to people like my parents. The CTS and 90% of the STS being rear drive eliminates them for consideration and they have cheapened the DTS interior so much. And the CTS interior is miserable. I think my dad likes the Lucerne but is hung up on needing a cadillac. i thought I could get him to bite on an SRX but he is hung up on needing a sedan and not wanting on SUV even though the SRX would be most practical for him. Older people are so narrow minded in their car shopping.

Edited by regfootball

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.