1991-96 B-Body?

The answer to your query is a sad one... no. The damn 98 should SO have been based on the B-bodys. :angry:

There is a guy out there <likely more then one> that took the nose off the Custom Bruiser and swapped it onto a '96 Impala. He did a few other mods to the tail lights and even went as far as changing the steering wheel so the airbag emblem was the Olds Rocket. It's a badass looking 98.

I wonder if taillights from, say, a '92 Olds Ninety Eight Touring Sedan could be grafted onto the rear of a Caprice?

[post="18013"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If THIS is possible than that's a SNAP.

Nope!  :( Several b-body nerds (myself included) have pondered turning a simlar model Caprice into a Custom Cruiser Sedan.  88 would be interesting....  Hmmm.....
Mike

[post="17892"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You dumping your best gas mieage car when gas is hovering $3 per gallon? We stopped using our B-body for this reason. I'm guessing you don't drive much?

You dumping your best gas mieage car when gas is hovering $3 per gallon?  We stopped using our B-body for this reason.  I'm guessing you don't drive much?

[post="18443"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yup. $3 or even $4/gallon is still cheaper than a car payment. And I do about 70 miles a day.

While not as good as the Alero, my wagon gets better mileage than most SUV's out there. Averaged 22.5MPG on the last tank. B)
Mike

Sadly no-and the Custom Cruiser only lasted 1991-92, therefore making it rare-only 3,000 or so per year-I'll have to dig up exact production/sales figures (which is why the Toronado was also dropped after 1992).

Sadly no-and the Custom Cruiser only lasted 1991-92, therefore making it rare-only 3,000 or so per year-I'll have to dig up exact production/sales figures (which is why the Toronado was also dropped after 1992).

[post="18976"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not quite automatic collectors numbers but they are getting hard to find.
1991 - 7,663
1992 - 4,347

Total - 12,010

Compare this to more than 10,000 each of the Roadmaster and Caprice wagons for the same years and quite a difference.

Toronado had similarly low numbers?

Oh thanks for clarification-I've been busy and haven't looked at most of my books lately in the little bit I've been home-yeah Toronado had similarly low numbers too I believe, it all was from that 1986 downsizing-even with the likable lengthening and facelift for 1990, it couldn't save the once-classic Toro. I wasn't sure what exactly the Custom Cruiser's numbers were, but I know they were definitely sub-10,000 units as we see here.

A driver for the local "Papa John's" pizza place uses his '91 or '92 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon as a delivery vehicle. It needs some body work, but it seems to drive around just fine. I really liked the Olds version of the B-body wagons the best. If I found one in really good shape, I'd like to buy it. At least it's big enough - the wife would make me live in it!!!

Yup.  $3 or even $4/gallon is still cheaper than a car payment.  And I do about 70 miles a day.

While not as good as the Alero, my wagon gets better mileage than most SUV's out there.  Averaged 22.5MPG on the last tank.  B)
Mike

[post="18736"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly right....it's all relative. Even if gas went higher, you could still rationalize it. Still cheaper than a car payment plus gas costs.

But how about maintenance?

[post="20141"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, I've been driving the Buick wagon for a year now. Other than routine maintenance (belts, brakes, tires, oil changes, etc) I've put a total of $400 into repairs. That's only a month or two car payment.

DBeaSSt's Custom Cruiser is my favorite color scheme.

[post="20141"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I like it too but all three of them are maroon, I'd like some variety. :) My favorite is black with grey lower trim. Only available 92 and very rare. I've only seen a pic once. Very nice!

Mike

There was a handful of them around this area a few years back. One for sale last summer. It is my favorite front facia on the late B's, somehow I never realized they had the vista roof. I think one of the white ones around had wood. A few cars back I looked at two previous generation LeSabre wagons in decent shape, but decided not to go big and bought the 89 NYer instead, no regrets.