Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ToniCipriani

1991-96 B-Body?

22 posts in this topic

The answer to your query is a sad one... no. The damn 98 should SO have been based on the B-bodys. :angry:

There is a guy out there <likely more then one> that took the nose off the Custom Bruiser and swapped it onto a '96 Impala. He did a few other mods to the tail lights and even went as far as changing the steering wheel so the airbag emblem was the Olds Rocket. It's a badass looking 98.

Nope! :( Several b-body nerds (myself included) have pondered turning a simlar model Caprice into a Custom Cruiser Sedan. 88 would be interesting.... Hmmm..... Mike

I wonder if taillights from, say, a '92 Olds Ninety Eight Touring Sedan could be grafted onto the rear of a Caprice?

I wonder if taillights from, say, a '92 Olds Ninety Eight Touring Sedan could be grafted onto the rear of a Caprice?

[post="18013"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If THIS is possible than that's a SNAP.

Nope!  :( Several b-body nerds (myself included) have pondered turning a simlar model Caprice into a Custom Cruiser Sedan.  88 would be interesting....  Hmmm.....
Mike

[post="17892"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You dumping your best gas mieage car when gas is hovering $3 per gallon? We stopped using our B-body for this reason. I'm guessing you don't drive much?

You dumping your best gas mieage car when gas is hovering $3 per gallon?  We stopped using our B-body for this reason.  I'm guessing you don't drive much?

[post="18443"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yup. $3 or even $4/gallon is still cheaper than a car payment. And I do about 70 miles a day.

While not as good as the Alero, my wagon gets better mileage than most SUV's out there. Averaged 22.5MPG on the last tank. B)
Mike

Sadly no-and the Custom Cruiser only lasted 1991-92, therefore making it rare-only 3,000 or so per year-I'll have to dig up exact production/sales figures (which is why the Toronado was also dropped after 1992).

Sadly no-and the Custom Cruiser only lasted 1991-92, therefore making it rare-only 3,000 or so per year-I'll have to dig up exact production/sales figures (which is why the Toronado was also dropped after 1992).

[post="18976"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Not quite automatic collectors numbers but they are getting hard to find.
1991 - 7,663
1992 - 4,347

Total - 12,010

Compare this to more than 10,000 each of the Roadmaster and Caprice wagons for the same years and quite a difference.

Toronado had similarly low numbers?

Oh thanks for clarification-I've been busy and haven't looked at most of my books lately in the little bit I've been home-yeah Toronado had similarly low numbers too I believe, it all was from that 1986 downsizing-even with the likable lengthening and facelift for 1990, it couldn't save the once-classic Toro. I wasn't sure what exactly the Custom Cruiser's numbers were, but I know they were definitely sub-10,000 units as we see here.

"The coupe market is dead." NO WONDER with what we were given. :rolleyes: Edited by ocnblu

A driver for the local "Papa John's" pizza place uses his '91 or '92 Olds Custom Cruiser wagon as a delivery vehicle. It needs some body work, but it seems to drive around just fine. I really liked the Olds version of the B-body wagons the best. If I found one in really good shape, I'd like to buy it. At least it's big enough - the wife would make me live in it!!!

Yup.  $3 or even $4/gallon is still cheaper than a car payment.  And I do about 70 miles a day.

While not as good as the Alero, my wagon gets better mileage than most SUV's out there.  Averaged 22.5MPG on the last tank.  B)
Mike

[post="18736"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Exactly right....it's all relative. Even if gas went higher, you could still rationalize it. Still cheaper than a car payment plus gas costs.

But how about maintenance?

[post="20141"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well, I've been driving the Buick wagon for a year now. Other than routine maintenance (belts, brakes, tires, oil changes, etc) I've put a total of $400 into repairs. That's only a month or two car payment.

DBeaSSt's Custom Cruiser is my favorite color scheme.

[post="20141"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I like it too but all three of them are maroon, I'd like some variety. :) My favorite is black with grey lower trim. Only available 92 and very rare. I've only seen a pic once. Very nice!

Mike

There was a handful of them around this area a few years back. One for sale last summer. It is my favorite front facia on the late B's, somehow I never realized they had the vista roof. I think one of the white ones around had wood. A few cars back I looked at two previous generation LeSabre wagons in decent shape, but decided not to go big and bought the 89 NYer instead, no regrets.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room