COMPANY CHRISTMAS PARTIES

company xmas party last night.

good time had by all. I had about at least a dozen glasses of FREE WINE baby!

my favorite part is all the gals dressed to the nines. YEAH! red carpet moments. It's so fun to get tanked and have the ladies get tanked and tell them how nice they look in their apparel. Just use the same words over and over....."you look STUNNING tonight." And be sure to bash their female coworkers...."oh that dress looks SO bad on HER".

alcohol, dancing, etc. people doing things they will REGRET later.

no major stories for me to tell, it was a hoot but nothing i did i wish i wouldn't have! I ended up at home with the Mrs. and some Taco Bell. She was tired. I had my Taco Bell. All was good. Didin't do anything to lose my job. Made me wonder, what is everyone's juiciest company xmas party stories?

Edited by regfootball

I don't go to the big company party - because I don't feel like people asking me questions about their computers while I'm there. Every time I'm there it's the same thing "Oh hi Frank, how's it going? I'm having a problem with my computer....." Now, I just stay in my office, finish up what I have to do, then duck out while everyone's at the party.

Our group usually does a pot luck lunch that's much more my style....a few people I'm closer with talking about whatever pops up.

I ended up at home with the Mrs. and some Taco Bell.  She was tired.  I had my Taco Bell.  All was good.  Didin't do anything to lose my job.  Made me wonder, what is everyone's juiciest company xmas party stories?

223508[/snapback]

What, dammit, didn't they feed you? I would have been chanting: BOOOFET...BOOOFET....BOOOFET...

Ours is in mid December. We were asked if we wanted to trim down the Christmas party in lieu of bigger bonuses. The answer was: :thumbsup: . Therefore, we are having a Christmas luncheon, without the fancy hotel ballroom and without the significant others, which added to the cost.

A builder I used to work for in Seattle threw a nice Christmas party, though it was formal and uptight....they were such an uptight company and some of the management didn't particularly like me because I wasn't as uptight as they were. All of the nice people in that company transplanted to Seattle from somewhere else. The raciest thing is that this one girl from Connecticut ... very nice and fairly attractive...plants a big one smack on the lips right as I arrived for the party one year and was hanging up my coat....I was taken off guard.

And, yes, I say my Hail Marys and Our Fathers for my Christmas bonus...it's LaCrosse money...that's where all my bonuses have gone....into the savings account for that purpose.

The raciest thing is that this one girl from Connecticut ... very nice and fairly attractive...plants a big one smack on the lips right as I arrived for the party one year and was hanging up my coat....I was taken off guard.

I seriously have to start hanging out with you more. :idhitit:

At my old job, word is that a certain secretary who chased me for a while gave a couple of guys bj's at one of the company Xmas parties, which took place at a conference hall resort here in town.

At my new job, no party, but we're each getting our choice of a turkey or ham dinner basket to take home. I chose the ham, it's 10 pounds I think.

At my old job, word is that a certain secretary who chased me for a while gave a couple of guys bj's at one of the company Xmas parties

223554[/snapback]

And you didn't "line up" for this? C'mon, it sounds very "no strings attached."

I don't go to the big company party - because I don't feel like people asking me questions about their computers while I'm there. Every time I'm there it's the same thing "Oh hi Frank, how's it going? I'm having a problem with my computer....." Now, I just stay in my office, finish up what I have to do, then duck out while everyone's at the party.

Our group usually does a pot luck lunch that's much more my style....a few people I'm closer with talking about whatever pops up.

223532[/snapback]

mmmm, pot luck rocks.

the last place I worked at, they used to give us lunch for a monthly staff meeting. In december they would make us use the potluck for one of the staff meetings, so they could get out of paying for lunch, and so they could take away one of our lunch hours for a work meeting.

I used to work for Musicland stores. one xmas party i went to was huge, with big buffet and Joe Diffie as the entertainment.

Edited by regfootball

Apparently, the wife of the partner in charge of Consulting told everyone sitting at the dinner table during the company's last Christmas party (10 or 12 years ago) that her husband was nothing more than another partner's "yes man". There were no more Christmas parties after that :lol:

that her husband was nothing more than another partner's "yes man".

223797[/snapback]

How would you say that in Portuguese:

"uma pessoa que siempre va dizer 'sim' " ???

Are they STILL married? :lol:

Edited by trinacriabob

How would you say that in Portuguese:

"uma pessoa que siempre va dizer 'sim' "  ???

Are they STILL married?   :lol:

223814[/snapback]

"uma pessoa que vai sempre dizer sim" would be a possible translation, but we don't say that. Actually, I don't think there's an expression in Portuguese for a "yes man", even though there's plenty of those guys around... We use the English expression.

Yes, they are still married: they're both from the filthy-rich-spoiled-kids set, so they need to keep appearances...

Edited by ZL-1

Well, I'm a public school teacher, so there's no parties for us unless the teachers themselves get together. And that's exactly what the Business Education Department does - we usually just bring in snacks and enjoy talking and gossiping, but this year I encouraged us to go out to dinner. This way we get away from school and can have more fun!

Now on the otherhand, my wife works for a pharmecutical company and they go overboard for their company party (this year's is next Saturday, the 16th). Two years ago it was held in NYC, with a big dinner cruise, fireworks show by the Statue of Liberty, "afterhours" party and breakfast in the morning - oh, that stuff and the hotel rooms at the Times Square Marriott & parking were all covered by her company! Last year's was in Philly and was similar. This year they're cutting back and holding it in East Brunswick at the Hilton (exit 9 of the NJ turnpike). Again, hotel rooms, cocktail hour, dinner, entertainment, afterhour party and breakfast are included, and whatever parting gift they decide to give (sometimes it's coffee mugs, other times chocolate).

That is in addition to a really fancy gift basket that gets shipped directly to each employee's house. I told her that she needs to pass on a note to upper management that a monetary bonus in lieu of the big ol' party would be appreciated by the employees (and their spouses!) more. :P Again, they go overboard! She gets all of this while I, the public servant, gets nothing! Ain't life grand?