Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sketch Competition #12 - GM NAIAS Concepts

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Let me first take this moment to thank all of you who have participated in our Design Competitions this year. Turnout has been great and the creativity shown is simply outstanding. Special thanks to fellow moderators !!!Ted!!! and Northstar for their help in organizing these and getting things back on track after a rough 2005. Its quite a pleasure to be able to host such talent. Moving on...</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Welcome to Sketch Competition #12!</span>

Posted Image

The biggest autoshow of the season will be held early next year at Detroit and GM plans to make its presence felt with no less than 5 concept vehicles. Seeing that the General has been light on dream cars the last few years leaves us salivating at the possibilities. We already know what two of them will be - HUMMER's H4 and a RWD Pontiac sedan.

Now, you fill in the blanks.

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to design what concepts you'd like to see at NAIAS. You can of course make up a concept not yet listed or draw your interpretation of the H4 or Pontiac sedan. Your sketch should include at minimum 2 (two) of the following:

<span style='color:red'>-3/4 Front View

-3/4 Rear View

-Interior View</span>

Remember, people will be voting based on the overall presentation of your entry, so the more views, the better, including ones not specifically listed above. Also, if you want to include special features, by all means point them out!

Aside from 800x600 size guidelines, remember this must be a GM-branded concept vehicle.

The winner will recieve a GM-related prize!

Deadline is Friday, December 29th @ 11:59PM your local time.

Good luck! :CG_all:

Posted Image

Pontiac G8, based on the RWD Zeta platform.

My scanner doesn't pick up my shading very well. That's why it looks a little flat. But it picked it up well enough to get across what I was going for.

Edited by Zulehan

My scanner doesn't pick up my shading very well. That's why it looks a little flat. But it picked it up well enough to get across what I was going for.

228925[/snapback]

interesting hood flow... only thing that looks .."bad" is the "vents" in the doors, not the fenders. very cool though

only thing that looks .."bad" is the "vents" in the doors, not the fenders.

229006[/snapback]

Those vent things are just trying to be like the dimple things on the fenders of the Solstice. You're right, though. Should be on the fenders. Damn.

I found myself starring at an idea for an affordable Escalade, which I can't afford. So, I made my own! It's marketed toward those buyers that want an Escalade without the $60,000 price range. This one would be more in the range of 30-40; smaller, but with the same Cadillac elegance from past perfection, such as the distinctly Cadillac fins done subtly, chrome plated accents, and a grill fit for a king! It would probably rival the Lincoln Aviator and Land Rover LR2 or Freelander, rather the the SRX with rivals, such as the Chrysler Pacifica and other long and low minivanesque vehicles. This one is less of a crossover and more of a downscaled SUV, which I don't think Caddy has!

American Heritage Dictionary:

AC-CO-LADE: An expression of acceptance; praise

I think it fits! *G*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by modelcitizen

Pretty interesting interpretation of 'Cadillac' and what it is. However, I'm not sure I like a miniaturized Escalade. To me, the Escalade is fine the way it is... big, brash, excessive and commanding of attention.

The SRX fits the small SUV/Crossover bill better IMO.

i will call her... the Catalina... and she will be awesome

Posted Image

This is a Pontiac based sports car. It's not exactly what I wanted, but I took cues from the '98 Firebird, just to show homage to an old favorite of mine that is lost but not forgotten. This would be on a Corvette frame. The entire car is based on semicircles, and it draws its name from a mathematical theorum. It's called the Arbelos, which actually stands for shoemaker's knife in Latin. Needless to say, it is one sharp car! The actual mathematical concept would be the gauge cluster inside and also the shape of the rear lights, but the entire car takes the same overall shape - 3 semicircles. I hope it's not too off the wall, and I hope you enjoy it even if you don't pick it! *G*

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I haven't contributed to this forum nor drawn in a long time, but i decided to whip out my paper and pencil today and draw a little something up.

My inspiration for this one came from the 70's concept Aerovette. I kind of blended three cars together to get one with its unique identity. Namely, a 69 vette, the Aerovette, and a C6.

I only spent a few hours working on it, so I may come back and revise it before deadline.

The whole conceptual idea around this car is its MR setup, and semi-retro styling.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I suck at interiors BTW...

Guest YellowJacket894

Since I don't forsee GMI getting off their ass and placing this anywhere in the top three, and also since I would like to enter this competition, I'll submit my 2009 Chevelle concept for your approval.

Posted Image

Render:

Posted Image

Edited by YellowJacket894