2006 Silverados

mjdecker

I thought just the regular models were going to get the new grill and the SS will be the same.. but then I saw the 2nd pic in, top row.. :blink:
http://www.chevrolet.com/silverado/photogallery/
How ever I do love the Intimidator shot B) Though.. with that name on something other than a monte boggles my mind

I really like the SS...the front end looks great.

Posted Image

[post="1277"][/post]

If it had a more edged and body color grill simular to what the 06 Trailblazer LTs have I think it would looks sweet.. however that grill looks like it was placed there as a last minute though..
Something else that would make that more sweet is having the vents inbetween the headlights like the Trailblazer SS does

I agree with you...the Trailblazer idea. I think sometimes when one is so used the original grill, when they make a change like this, it can look like a patch job. And of course, car fans like us notice every little detail :). I still like it though. Again, glad Chevy is inching away from the chrome bar thing.

Nice additional photos, but the Silverado still sucks, and its even worse by the retarded trim level shuffle (i.e. former Base model is now LS; LS is now 1LT, and then 2LT and 3LT-like that's not going to confuse people)-its so stupid-what were they thinking? And considering a Ram 1500 SLT is about $22,000-23,000 the last time I checked, the comparable 1LT is a still vastly-overpriced $26,000-WHY???

What's the point?

With new pickups coming in a year or so, why WASTE the money to engineer such a minor change when you could direct those funds to more useful measures?

I just see this as a stupid waste of resources on GM's part.....good-looking or not...

[post="1532"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well they already did it on the HDs a year earlier. Maybe they got good feedback from customers and decided to do it for the 1500s to keep sales up for the last year of the model.

Originally the Silverado was supposed to be around for a couple of years, so a refresh for two model years makes sense. Plus these changes probably cost next to nothing except that the body-colored grille and bumper cap probably adds a little bit of complexity to the assembly.

I agree chrome is good.

Nice additional photos, but the Silverado still sucks, and its even worse by the retarded trim level shuffle (i.e. former Base model is now LS; LS is now 1LT, and then 2LT and 3LT-like that's not going to confuse people)-its so stupid-what were they thinking? And considering a Ram 1500 SLT is about $22,000-23,000 the last time I checked, the comparable 1LT is a still vastly-overpriced $26,000-WHY???

[post="1402"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

1. you still want them to SELL trucks, right?
2. The trim levels were changed because the truck owners wanted it to be
that way. from now on, there are only going to be LS and LT badges.
and the packages will change to put the popular ops into the "LT" packs..
and still be able to order custom-to-order too..
3. Overpriced a bit this year, but will carry heavier rebates thoughout the
year. The 07s get a bunch more standard next year...

Guess it would help if you understood the truck market.. :P

• 2 weeks later...

1. you still want them to SELL trucks, right?
2. The trim levels were changed because the truck owners wanted it to be
that way. from now on, there are only going to be LS and LT badges.
  and the packages will change to put the popular ops into the "LT" packs..
and still be able to order custom-to-order too..
3. Overpriced a bit this year, but will carry heavier rebates thoughout the
year. The 07s get a bunch more standard next year...
Guess it would help if you understood the truck market.. :P

[post="2088"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Maybe I don't understand some parts of the truck market, but I didn't need that sort of response. What parts here don't I understand? The fact that were I deluxe-trim full-size truck shopping, that I could get a bigger cab and more for a cheaper price and a more up-to-date truck for $3,000-4,000 less money? I guess part of me doesn't like change, especially the kind that still seems unnecessary and pointless. Of course I'd want them to sell trucks, I never said I didn't. And yes, the 1500's have a new grille (the HD's two-piece) as well as the hood-passed by some on the lots.