NOS' SS/SC

First hand-wash job of the Spring...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*Note: I did have the dealership fix the front bumper at the passenger side headlight. However, it looks in that picture to have returned. Whatever, I've already got one or two rock chips in it, and I'm thinking about getting an aftermarket front bumper...

Your bumpers, and the rest of the car, look fine from here, Nos. Nice pics, sir.:thumbsup: And although you may have a few stone chips (normal), the factory finish is the most durable. An aftermarket bumper will chip like crazy and look worse than the factory piece in short order. Edited by ocnblu

Yeah, the back three are tinted and there's a bar across the windshield that's tinted. I'm getting the side windows tinted at a different percent, but the guy who tinted them was out of that tint for the time being.. I just got them done a week or so ago.

4750. I want to clay/wax her on my break between co-op and school.. sometime within the next few weeks.

How long do you intend to keep the car, Frank? If its awhile, I can recommend some awesome stuff to you, especially some things we've used on the Bonnie. While your yellow will naturally never have the 'depth' of a metallic (esp a darker one), it'll look wet and glossy and smooth to the touch no matter what if you keep it up. Our SSEi is going on seven years now and I swear the finish is deeper and more smooth than prepped cars sitting in the showroom. Even my Olds is glossier than cars a quarter of its age.

Sweet pics, btw!

How long do you intend to keep the car, Frank? If its awhile, I can recommend some awesome stuff to you, especially some things we've used on the Bonnie. While your yellow will naturally never have the 'depth' of a metallic (esp a darker one), it'll look wet and glossy and smooth to the touch no matter what if you keep it up. Our SSEi is going on seven years now and I swear the finish is deeper and more smooth than prepped cars sitting in the showroom. Even my Olds is glossier than cars a quarter of its age.

Sweet pics, btw!

Thanks, Fly! Any idea what to use to resist chips in the paint (front bumper)?

I intend on keeping this car as long as possible, with it being my possible winter car when I get my next car.. :AH-HA_wink:

So far, I've got NXT soap, microfiber sponge, microfiber towel, Mother's clay bar, and Meguiar's polish/wax/etc. That should do me well with the buffer I got this Christmas... :)

I'd say "you don't even know," but knowing you, Cort, you definitely do. :thumbsup: So, to answer your question, it feels amazing!

*grins*

Indeedy I do :).

I thought about washing up the '87 MC LS this weekend, but didn't have time.... Besides, forecast is for colder weather again ... with some snow.... Ah, well ... but SPRING IS ON THE WAY!!!

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker

PICS:lego.HO.model.MCinfo.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"You don't know until you begin" ... Van Halen ... 'Jump'

Posted Image

That's how I'm hoping she looks by this fall...

Ehhhh... ummm... really?

Some carbon fiber in an aftermarket wing would look cool. But I think a carbon fiber trunk-lid (it isn't just a sticker, right :P) would be a bit much. It would probably look good, but I've actually grown out of the whole automotive aftermarket stuff.

I knew that, of all people, you'd be the one to comment. haha

Honestly, I'm not sure of the trunk lid. First, it's expensive. Second, you have to drill out the holes for the wing. Third, you have to re-align the trunk and put that on, too. The time and money could be put on, say, a set of good tires...

NOS, please come up to the chaulkboard and write "I will not rice my Cobalt" 100 times.

There's quite a few yellow Cobalts popping up in my town and at work. I'm really taking a shining to that color. She looks great.

1. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

2. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

3. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

4. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

5. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

6. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

7. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

8. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

9. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

10. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

11. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

12. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

13. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

14. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

15. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

16. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

17. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

18. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

19. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

20. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

21. I will not rice my 2011 Camaro Z/28

Is that enough? Oh, you said Cobalt? :P

I knew that, of all people, you'd be the one to comment. haha

Honestly, I'm not sure of the trunk lid. First, it's expensive. Second, you have to drill out the holes for the wing. Third, you have to re-align the trunk and put that on, too. The time and money could be put on, say, a set of good tires...

Forth, and most importantly, it looks cheap and something that MRDETROITMETAL would chop. :P

Forth, and most importantly, it looks cheap and something that MRDETROITMETAL would chop. :P

Ouch, got me there. ;) haha

I guess maybe I'll spend that money on something I'll need/want more and see what happens after I get a carbon hood next year (Oh snap haha).

Why not just save the cash for a stage 2 kit or something?

Let some rice-boy chump strap carbon fibre accents to his vehicle. You'll be able to blow them off with a super tuned Cobalt. :D

I have the spare cash to do both. :AH-HA_wink: But I'm not foolish enough to do it all at once. I think Stage 2 may come next year, if it comes at all. I'd love to do it, but who knows...

Update: these rims are now mine as soon as I pay. I'll post new pics within the next couple weeks because I now plan on getting drilled/slotted rotors and painting my calipers yellow now that you'll be able to see behind the wheel a bit more. :)