Bought the Civic Si

Funny...funny...but adding stickers, stripes, wings, suspension kits, or anything aftermarket is not my style.

I like the car as it is: clean lines, tasteful badging, zippy & confident performance. Nothing to shout "look at me...look at me!"

The Civic is real smile-maker...it an adult go-kart, and I have no interest in trying to make it into anything else.

I plan to add the "clear bra" shield on the front bumper-hood-fenders, the genuine Honda kits for XM sat and i-pod, and a cargo tray in the trunk.

When I want wilder ride, I'll take my Kawasaki Ninja out of the garage.

Funny...funny...but adding stickers, stripes, wings, suspension kits, or anything aftermarket is not my style.

I like the car as it is: clean lines, tasteful badging, zippy & confident performance. Nothing to shout "look at me...look at me!"

The Civic is real smile-maker...it an adult go-kart, and I have no interest in trying to make it into anything else.

I plan to add the "clear bra" shield on the front bumper-hood-fenders, the genuine Honda kits for XM sat and i-pod, and a cargo tray in the trunk.

When I want wilder ride, I'll take my Kawasaki Ninja out of the garage.

u-u-u-u-u-u-Wh-a-a-a-a-a-a-?! A Civic driver who DOESN'T want to bling out his whip?!

Cool. :thumbsup::D

jgolden, congrats on the new car. It's always a nice feeling whenever you get a new car.

And caddycruiser, why didn't you PM me that you're selling the '95 FWB? :P

Love my big Caddy, but anymore I'm having dirty thoughts about just wanting a newer, smaller, and much easier to toss around car.

And caddycruiser, why didn't you PM me that you're selling the '95 FWB? :P

Haha, I would let you know on that. Usually I get the dirty thoughts once every couple of months...but I'll leave that for another discussion :AH-HA_wink:

He's got the urban yuppie Infiniti Q45 and a pair of 80's urban yuppie Maximas, so why not add an urban yuppie cute ute?

Urban Yuppies buy $h!ty FWD Hondas with Acura amblems in the grille

and Lexus ES-Camrys... the Q45 is more car than any Honda outside

of any non-NSX Honda.

The Maxima, well not too many yuppies I know have 23 year old cars...

Quickie update:

After a week and a half with my new Si, I'm still grinning every time I drive it (700 miles so far)...it's such a pleasure to row through the gears and carve corners with confidence.

None of my previous cars were this well-balanced and entertaining...not even my '02 Sentra SE-R. Simply driving the Honda gently - which I do 99.9% of the time - I find satisfaction from the interaction of the powertrain, steering, brakes, suspension.

There have actually been no let-downs (hey, I expected the firm ride and road noise!)

I got the "clear bra" installed by a reputable company in Houston:

http://www.cleartechpro.com/index.php?prog=products

Good to hear that you're very happy with the Civic. In the end, that's really what matters.

It also means GM better get their ass in gear and make a Cobalt that will handily pwn the Civic SI, so when it comes time for you to get a new car, you'll once again consider GM. :AH-HA_wink:

The Cobalt is a good little car: decent power, decent interior materials... it's closer to the long-established Civic / Corolla benchmark than a Focus, Ion, or Forenza.

I think Elantra and Spectra still have better interiors & switchgear, though.

The last Cobalt LT sedan I drove was pleasant...I drove modestly and did not press the handling-braking-chassis limits. No doubt, it's mild and serves the masses well.

The SS Supercharged is a hoot to drive....with a great exhaust note, too.

I'd love to see a supercharged sedan make production..but without the goofy-tall rear spoiler from the coupe.

It's crowded market, and the new Astra, Sentra and Mistu Lancer look appealing as well. I'm curious to see the freshened (and next gen) Cobalts.

Edited by jlgolden

• 1 month later...

Good to hear that you're very happy with the Civic. In the end, that's really what matters.

It also means GM better get their ass in gear and make a Cobalt that will handily pwn the Civic SI, so when it comes time for you to get a new car, you'll once again consider GM. :AH-HA_wink:

Wouldn't matter if the next Cobalt SS could fly and do dishes, import humpers and Japanese apologists everywhere (CR - are you listening) would find enough reasons to trash it!

CAN ONLY FLY NEW YORK TO DENVER ON ONE TANK OF GAS.

MY WIFE DOESN'T LIKE THE SCENT OF CARNATIONS COMING OUT OF THE GAS TANK.

MY CAT FELL ASLEEP ON THE SEALY DASHBOARD AND GOT HAIR ALL OVER IT.

THE IN-DASH DISHWASHER IS NOT SELF-UNLOADING.

:P