Official 2008 Changes, as released so far

From the ordering guide:

http://eogld.ecomm.gm.com/NASApp/domestic/...p;divisionID=10

-------------------

2008 Aura

Deletions

Exterior paint colors (25U) Midnight Blue, (41U) Black Onyx and (63U) Berry Red

New Features

(DD0) Heated power-adjustable, driver-side auto-dimming, body-color manual folding mirrors available on XE Sedan with (PCM) Preferred Package and (LZ4) 3.5L Variable Valve Timing V6 engine

Exterior paint color (37U) Deep Blue

Posted Image

Exterior paint color (58U) Black Mist (extra-cost color)

Posted Image

Exterior paint color (80U) Red Jewel Tintcoat (extra-cost color)

Posted Image

Changes

(223) Morocco Brown interior trim now includes embossed on door trim, steering wheel and shift knob (in addition to the seat inserts)

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone tell me when car companies delete colors, and then replace them with colors, are they the same? Similar? Is it just a name change? etc.

Because they delete midnight blue, and replace it with deep blue. To me, it's dark blue.

They delete Black Onyx and replace it with Black Mist. To me, it's black.

They delete Berry Red and replace it with Red Jewel Tintcoat. To me, it's red.

Can someone tell me when car companies delete colors, and then replace them with colors, are they the same? Similar? Is it just a name change? etc.

Because they delete midnight blue, and replace it with deep blue. To me, it's dark blue.

They delete Black Onyx and replace it with Black Mist. To me, it's black.

They delete Berry Red and replace it with Red Jewel Tintcoat. To me, it's red

The Blue is a different shade of dark blue so the paint code changed , so they need to make light of that . The Black mist and Red Jewel tintcoat are 3-stage paints .....Berry red and Black Oynx were not . Hence the extra cost for those 2 colors now . The black mist should be pretty damn cool . Red Jewel tintcoat I do belive is the dark red color on the current model year Lucrerne/DTS/Corvette ...in the sun this color is amazing , it just glows .

Edited by silverss/sc

The Blue is a different shade of dark blue so the paint code changed , so they need to make light of that . The Black mist and Red Jewel tintcoat are 3-stage paints .....Berry red and Black Oynx were not . Hence the extra cost for those 2 colors now . The black mist should be pretty damn cool . Red Jewel tintcoat I do belive is the dark red color on the current model year Lucrerne/DTS/Corvette ...in the sun this color is amazing , it just glows .

Exactly. Seems dumb, and it kind of is, but they like to make slight changes in shading or tint alone sometimes, hence giving it a new name for significance.

At least nothing went away here in that regard, just got little feather revisions.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm shocked to not see "bodyside molding delete" as these stupid companys have been doing for the past 5 years. Propably next year.

I was in Costco yesterday. When I was returning to my Equinox, I saw a woman who was parked in the next isle, open her door 5 or 6 times and each time hit the car on the side of her, pretty hard. She was trying to get her kid in the carseat in the back of her car. I watched until she left. I then went over and looked at the car she kept hitting, there were a number of scratches and dings where her car door kept hitting the other car. If the other car would have had bodyside molding it would have helped alot.

I was in Costco yesterday. When I was returning to my Equinox, I saw a woman who was parked in the next isle, open her door 5 or 6 times and each time hit the car on the side of her, pretty hard. She was trying to get her kid in the carseat in the back of her car. I watched until she left. I then went over and looked at the car she kept hitting, there were a number of scratches and dings where her car door kept hitting the other car. If the other car would have had bodyside molding it would have helped alot.

Why did you not ask her to not bash the door of the car next to her? Or ask her if she was leaving her insurance information?

Because it is the right thing to do. If that was your car getting pounded wouldn't you want someone to say something?

You DEFINITELY should have said SOMETHING to her, in order that it might prevent her from doing it again to someone else's car. Some people just don't know how idiotic they are and have to be made aware of it.