Your favorite LAMBDA features

tell us your favorite things about the Lambdas.

one of mine, sliding armrest. SO much nicer than a flip up. I know if I showed that my wife, she would go..."COOL"!

another of my favorite features......real adult sized third row seat that is fairly easy to get to because of Smart Slide.

what is it that you think makes LAMBDA successful?

Lambda is successful because it has no glaring weakenesses (perhaps weight, but these are big vehicles) and it does everything well. They're vehicles that GM went the whole 9 yards on, and didn't cheap out on anything. On top of that they are arguably the best-looking crossovers out there (at least of their size).

Lambda is successful because it has no glaring weakenesses (perhaps weight, but these are big vehicles) and it does everything well. They're vehicles that GM went the whole 9 yards on, and didn't cheap out on anything. On top of that they are arguably the best-looking crossovers out there (at least of their size).

some JERKOFF wrote the 'letter of the month' to motor trend, ragging on the Lambdas as being heavy fuel suckers. Then ,he professed his undying love to the Honda Pilot as being so much better.

I want to find that prick and shove my dirty socks in his mouth and duct tape over it. showing him all the road tests that flat out say the lambdas are better overall than the pilot.

first off, the Lambdas are like Tahoe sized vehicles, yet have more space and more utility and do it weighing a BUNCH LESS and getting much better mpg. GM has taken one of its huge sellers, and has managed to create a new package just like it, with carlike handling and huge reductions in mpg and weight. if 100k people who buy lambdas instead of tahoes for moving people will save 42 million gallons of gas year with no sacrifice in people utility.

secondly, the lambdas are much more useful than his ugly ass Pilot. More room, more utility. That's why they weigh more. They are much larger than a Pilot. And they are more solid and safer. Less frail.

Third, the Lambdas get better gas mileage than Pilots do, in spite of its weight. This I know for fact because I have two of my groomsmen who have new 06 Pilots and in both cases they rarely exceed 15-16 mpg. I have seen plenty of road test with poor Pilot mpg also. I recently read a road test in the paper for the outlook which it got 19.4 as tested mpg for an AWD 3 row vehicle that weighs 5000 pounds (fully loaded with huge heavy sunroofs and gadgets)! Even C/D got like 17 and we all know they drive the snot of their vehicles. Both of Hondas new CUV's, the MDX and RDX struggled to crack 13 mpg being tested by major magazines.

Lastly, the 'Honda is better' letter writer should know if you compare the weights of the FWD Acadia and FWD only Odyssey in loaded configurations they are pretty damn close. Honda is not any better in packaging 3 row transport than anyone else.

I want to find that loser who wrote that letter and key up his hondas. each one of them.

Edited by regfootball

I saw that, and couldn't figure out how MT would let that be the letter of the month. He said they were fuel suckers, yet his beloved Pilot gets worse MPG. I think I'll write MT asking them how they could let a letter that's based on nothing factual be published at all.

BTW, I just saw a dark blue Acadia, it was beautiful.

I saw that, and couldn't figure out how MT would let that be the letter of the month. He said they were fuel suckers, yet his beloved Pilot gets worse MPG. I think I'll write MT asking them how they could let a letter that's based on nothing factual be published at all.

BTW, I just saw a dark blue Acadia, it was beautiful.

that letter was selected to point out its inherent import bias being in line with their editorial bias.

Those Lambdas will give run for the money to the other Unibodies, especially Craplander, Pilot, and even their minivans.

I think GM got it good and got it right. It is a trade of between a Minivan and a full size ute without loosing most of their attributes and plus adding more.

The only concern for me will be RWD bias and towing, which is why I may consider a Tahoe/Suburban before jumping on these.

But if not I will happily accept Lambdas.

Being a duel Canadian-Australian citizen, and having driven vehicles from both countries, (one's it's own continent, eh?) I can safely attest that Canadian vehicles are very crappy when compared to Australia's. :P

Since I've been in both countries and driven both, I can attest to the opposite, but then beauty, like car choices is in the eye of the beholder! :smilewide:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

Also there was an article in the same edition where this guy was crucifying MT for saying the 08 Malibu had fresh and sleek styling. Its like hard for some people to realize that GM is doing better and engineering competent cars like the Lambdas and newest set of Epsilon cars. BTW my favorite Lambda feature would be the rear skylight rook thing, not sure on the correct name for it.

Edited by 2chevs

'some JERKOFF wrote the 'letter of the month' to motor trend, ragging on the Lambdas as being heavy fuel suckers. Then ,he professed his undying love to the Honda Pilot as being so much better."

It sounds like MT is proving their worth to Japan Inc. It also sounds like a jerk off (maybe even the same person?) who wrote into theToyota Star last year, saying that he had been passed by a Corolla on a hill while driving in a rental Impala LTZ. When someone writes letters to these so-called journalistic media outlets and the media outlet treat the obvious crap with any sort of credibility, it is clear where their agenda is.

My favorite Lambda feature is that its emergence has forced me to brush up on my skills as a traffic cop, by directing people out of our dealership and to one of 3 P-B-GMC dealers within a couple miles of us. I also get to practice my ear-to-ear grin when they ask, "Gee, why doesn't Chevrolet have one?"

Here's the text of the letter:

"that's heavy, baby"

The GMC Acadia ("Forest for the Trees") needs liposuction with a professional-grade vacuum. A new platform that manages to weigh five thousand pounds (5000!)? Such corpulence is inexcusable. This has to be a typo. But maybe this extreme pudginess explains why the Acadia is slow, handles ponderously, and drinks like a frat boy. Potential buyers of the Ford Edge and GMC Acadia must make a choice: Morbidly obese or grotesquely obese? Potential buyers should keep their Honda Pilots awhile longer.

Raymond Evans

Greer, South Carolina

Sorry to say, it's no typo -- Ed.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose if you really wanted to, you could call Mr. Evans and explain why he's flat out wrong:

Raymond Evans

(864) 801-2361 | 107 Riverside Chase Cir Greer, SC 29650

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to BCS296 for the use of his copy of MT

Funny this guys complains about the gas mileage because my favorite feature is the 8 passenger seating with better EPA markings than the pilot, highland & CX-9.

Example (all 2-wd with V-6);

Acadia - 18/26

pilot - 18/24

highlander - 19/25

CX-9 - 18/24

The others don't carry 8, and don't have NEAR the legroom and overall comfort of the Lambdas.

Well, speaking from personal experience, the three biggest vehicles that went away that are hurting my pocket book are: Alero, Tracker and Astro. There are a lot of Philipinos in the Toronto area, and for some strange reason they have BIG families (usually stuck with their in-laws!) and they loved the Astro because of its 8 passenger ability.

A few of us guys were standing around yesterday (yeah, another Saturday where we are lucky to sell 8 new and used combined!) talking about how the Uplander seats are a giant leap BACKWARDS. The Venture seating configuration, with their fold and tumble arrangement were better and we can't keep 8 passenger used Ventures in stock when they come off lease

Again :deadhorse: people in Canada don't like the Tahoe. They would rather drive an Infiniti or Toyota for the same money, and they find it horrifically over-sized. Recently, I had a would-be client with an AWD Montana lease up in a couple months literally jump back when I opened the hatch on a Tahoe LTZ. He shook his head and said no way he would drive that. I haven't sold a Tahoe in a year, but sell 2 or 3 Uplanders a month. How sad is that?

Well, speaking from personal experience, the three biggest vehicles that went away that are hurting my pocket book are: Alero, Tracker and Astro. There are a lot of Philipinos in the Toronto area, and for some strange reason they have BIG families (usually stuck with their in-laws!) and they loved the Astro because of its 8 passenger ability.

A few of us guys were standing around yesterday (yeah, another Saturday where we are lucky to sell 8 new and used combined!) talking about how the Uplander seats are a giant leap BACKWARDS. The Venture seating configuration, with their fold and tumble arrangement were better and we can't keep 8 passenger used Ventures in stock when they come off lease

Again :deadhorse: people in Canada don't like the Tahoe. They would rather drive an Infiniti or Toyota for the same money, and they find it horrifically over-sized. Recently, I had a would-be client with an AWD Montana lease up in a couple months literally jump back when I opened the hatch on a Tahoe LTZ. He shook his head and said no way he would drive that. I haven't sold a Tahoe in a year, but sell 2 or 3 Uplanders a month. How sad is that?

i would guess large asian families might be good to sell them a 10 passenger dodge sprinter.

the styling differences. the unique look of the saturn and buick, that really look un-GM ish. which is a good thing. I don't like that the GMC looks too much like the envoy. Envoy familarity isn't so good, especially when Trailblazer and Envoy are faltering now; they need a remake, I liked the Graphyte concept much better.

The fact that the bean counters were handcuffed and gagged. I love how it's lacking in the deficiencies you'd traditionally see just a few years ago.

yeah, there really aren't any big dificiencies. some interior bits are a bit cheap, but that can be said of all vehicles in this class.

I would like the direct injection motor, but I understand if it takes them a bit to get it in there.

When I gripe that the Acadia doesn't have Sirius backseat TV like the new DCX vans or lacks the features of the Ford Sync or lacks the ability to playback DVD-A multichannel audio like the Acuras can, its reaching pretty far.

yeah, there really aren't any big dificiencies. some interior bits are a bit cheap, but that can be said of all vehicles in this class.

I would like the direct injection motor, but I understand if it takes them a bit to get it in there.

When I gripe that the Acadia doesn't have Sirius backseat TV like the new DCX vans or lacks the features of the Ford Sync or lacks the ability to playback DVD-A multichannel audio like the Acuras can, its reaching pretty far.

If this car was made three years ago...

... it would have had a four-speed automatic

... 185-hp pushrod V6

... garish styling cues

... ill-fitting panel gaps

... Rubbermaid interior

... Pac Man dashboard

... floppy suspension

... 10.8" front discs/rear drums

... 87 cut lines

... rude dash bonger

:AH-HA_wink: