LS3 Vette spotted!!

RJB

When is the 6 speed auto going in? Though my personal opinion is if someone gets a sport car, get the fricking manual transmission.

Is the LS3 still 6.0L or is displacement bumped up?

New wheels looks sweet BTW :thumbsup:

When is the 6 speed auto going in? Though my personal opinion is if someone gets a sport car, get the fricking manual transmission.

It's had a 6-speed automatic since the 2nd model year of the current style, with paddle shifters--and this is the popular choice for obvious reasons. The LS3 is also apparently 6.2L, just like the current Escalade/Denali truck engine.

Beyond that, looks like nice little changes to keep it fresh, including updates to the blah interior. Then again, you just can't beat the combination of style, performance, and price...not to mention also being an extremely fuel efficient one at that. Anyone want a 30 mpg highway cruiser that will hang with the best of them? Here you go...in the most unexpected of packages, to a lot of people.

Ummmmm, they already have the 6-speed auto in em w/ the paddle shifters.

Bowling Green special factory plate maybe?

It ain't though. It is a KY dealer plate, like every other dealer plate in the state. Sorry unless this is a full production car, which any consumer could buy, and is for sale I sincerely doubt this is an 08. Why didn't someone get a pic of the VIN? That would have been 100% undeniable, but this is not.

Hah OK, guess I'll just cut and paste my post from z28.com:

The pics are real as is the car. Production gets going around June 18th.

OEM's sometimes use dealer plates on test cars. Hyundai/Kia cars can often been seen with New York dealer plates. I'm sure this group of Corvettes is just a pilot build going through some final shakedown.

Posted Image

Edited by Chris_Doane

Yeah, if you still have all your limbs & you buy a

Automatic Corvette you're kind of a looser IMO.

GM for a few years has used dealer plates on factory cars in KY.

I saw a story a few years back how they pay a guy to take one out of however many cars to audit and test it on the roads around the plant. It used dealer plates too.

GM also has some agreement with the local dealer in the area that they do the museum delivery program through. Those cars are moved with dealer plates too.

I have only noted this on the cars out of the Vette/XLR plant, might be a KY thing?

GM for a few years has used dealer plates on factory cars in KY.

I saw a story a few years back how they pay a guy to take one out of however many cars to audit and test it on the roads around the plant. It used dealer plates too.

GM also has some agreement with the local dealer in the area that they do the museum delivery program through. Those cars are moved with dealer plates too.

I have only noted this on the cars out of the Vette/XLR plant, might be a KY thing?

All the evlauation SD Ford trucks & Explorers I saw in Louisville had Blue Michigan manufacturer plates on them. I never saw a Toyota car from the Georgetown plant or the Toyota plant in Souther IN.

Sweet no reason to buy a Z06. When can I get one?

I doubt that. It is the handling and superior track worthiness of the Z06 that will still keep its unique place. Although the margin will reduce, Z06 will still be a better handling car.