New Dodge crossover

RJB

The guys at autblog are idiots.

Whoopee, just what Dodge needs, another crossover.

Oh, because they have so many already! They have 1 if you sorta count the Nitro...but it doesn't look like a car or drive like one...so it's not really a crossover. The magnum is a wagon, the Caravan is a minivan,a nd the Durango is a BOF SUV. The Caliber is a hatchback...you might be able to get away with calling a a crossover...but that still only makes one.

Even the comments on the site point out how unprofessional they are.

But it's ok if Toyota has like 8 of them...no one complains about that!

Edited by Dodgefan

Yeah.... it's ridiculous how many SUVs Toyota/Lexus has.

Just wait till gas drops down to $2.50 /gallon, we'll see a

7 vehicle lineup of Scions, four of them being Crossovers.

The guys at autblog are idiots.

Oh, because they have so many already! They have 1 if you sorta count the Nitro...but it doesn't look like a car or drive like one...so it's not really a crossover. The magnum is a wagon, the Caravan is a minivan,a nd the Durango is a BOF SUV. The Caliber is a hatchback...you might be able to get away with calling a a crossover...but that still only makes one.

I think their point is:

Caliber: NOT a car

Nitro: NOT a car

Durango: NOT a car

Caravan: NOT a car

Ram: NOT a car

Dakota: NOT a car

Camo'd CUV: NOT a car

Cars? Dodge makes cars? What cars?

Oh yeah... one real and one pretend:

The Dodge Average

The Dodge Charger

I think Autoblog would be much more enthusiastic if they were testing a crosshair grilled version of the Mitsubishi Lancer as an MIA Neon replacement.

How many "cars" does one brand need??? Should wagons and hatches be considered "cars"??.....well they're not trucks or crossovers, so I would say they are "cars"

Dodge has:

Caliber

Avenger

Magnum

Charger

Viper

and soon a subcompact called Hornet

That will be six.

How many "cars" do Saturn, Mercury, Scion, Lincoln, Pontiac, Anyone, etc. have??

Seems like they didn't bother trying to snap interior pictures.

I wonder why? :P

Oh, and the blog entry is biased to the point of idiocy. The only two larger crossovers I can think of from Chrysler are the Pacifica, and Magnum.

The Magnum is a wagon, no matter what PR might liek to have you believe :P

This looks pretty promising, actually. If it has a good interior (I doubt it), it could rival the Chevy Lambda pretty well.

I think it does too. It looks less upright than some of their recent products. As for the interior, I wonder if the new interior studio got a chance to do something with it it, since the vehicle was/is still in the developmental stages when the studio was announced.

I think their point is:

Caliber: NOT a car

Nitro: NOT a car

Durango: NOT a car

Caravan: NOT a car

Ram: NOT a car

Dakota: NOT a car

Camo'd CUV: NOT a car

Cars? Dodge makes cars? What cars?

Oh yeah... one real and one pretend:

The Dodge Average

The Dodge Charger

I think Autoblog would be much more enthusiastic if they were testing a crosshair grilled version of the Mitsubishi Lancer as an MIA Neon replacement.

Except they said, and I quote once more:

Whoopee, just what Dodge needs, another crossover.

The only vehicle in the Dodge lineup I might consider a crossover is the Caliber do to it's relatively high ground clearance and somewhat upright stance. Also, the Avenger isn't a pretend anything. It may not be RWD, but just because it draws styling cues from the Charger doesn't mean it did anything wrong. There's a family resemblance, like it or not...but it's not a clone.

I do agree that they should have a true Neon replacement in addition to the Caliber.

Ford has 4 cars right now..5 if you want to count the Crown Vic...6 if you'd like to count the Taurus X seperately:

• Taurus
  • Fusion
  • Focus
  • Mustang
Dodge has:
  • Charger
  • Magnum
  • Avenger
  • Viper (yes it's niche but it's still a car)
They will be getting:
  • Challenger
  • Subcompact
That makes it pretty even. Edited by Dodgefan

Except they said, and I quote once more:

The only vehicle in the Dodge lineup I might consider a crossover is the Caliber do to it's relatively high ground clearance and somewhat upright stance. Also, the Avenger isn't a pretend anything. It may not be RWD, but just because it draws styling cues from the Charger doesn't mean it did anything wrong. There's a family resemblance, like it or not...but it's not a clone.

I do agree that they should have a true Neon replacement in addition to the Caliber.

Ford has 4 cars right now..5 if you want to count the Crown Vic...6 if you'd like to count the Taurus X seperately:

• Taurus
  • Fusion
  • Focus
  • Mustang
Dodge has:
  • Charger
  • Magnum
  • Avenger
They will be getting:
  • Challenger
  • Subcompact
That makes it pretty even.

If you're counting the Magnum as an entirely separate vehicle from the Charger, then you'll need to include Taurus X as a separate vehicle... along with the other body variants of the Focus...

If you're counting the Magnum as an entirely separate vehicle from the Charger, then you'll need to include Taurus X as a separate vehicle... along with the other body variants of the Focus...

I can see the Taurus X since it has it's own sheetmetal and was a different vehicle, but not the Focus varients. The Magnum has completely unique sheetmetal from the Charger, as well as it's own name. The Focus is the same car with 2 body styles.

and soon a subcompact called Hornet

That's what they're gonna call their subcompact? Cool. I'm not always a fan of Dodge's designs, but I really like the names that they give their vehicles.

Avenger, Caliber, Challenger, Charger, Hornet, Magnum, Nitro, Ram, ... GM and Ford only wish they had such edgy names in their stables, and Honda, Toyota, and Nissan wouldn't know a good name if it stung em in the ass (still stuck on the revival of the Hornet name).

Dakota, Durango, and Caravan are exceptions to the rule, but Caravan has an excuse in that it's attached to a family-oriented people-mover.

It's always hard to tell the size of a vehicle from a picture, but my understanding was that this is a Lambda-fighter.

I'd hate to be the guy in charge of trying to match what GM has done with the Acadia. GM did a pretty damn good job with Lambda and they'll have a couple of years of on-road consumer feedback to tweak with by the time this arrives. The only thing it has as an advantage is that Dodge is more mainstream than any of the brands that have a Lambda at this point, but then again, this will arrive right around the same time as the Chevy Lambda, right?

If it is Lambda sized, it needs to have a 6-speed transmission standard on whatever engine(s) it will have. If it has2 they should be the 3.5 and 4.0...nothing less. If they can't do that than they are already well behind the Lambdas. The interior will be the next big thing...if it can't hold a candle to the Lambda's then this crossover iwll be in trouble.

It's always hard to tell the size of a vehicle from a picture, but my understanding was that this is a Lambda-fighter.

I'd hate to be the guy in charge of trying to match what GM has done with the Acadia. GM did a pretty damn good job with Lambda and they'll have a couple of years of on-road consumer feedback to tweak with by the time this arrives. The only thing it has as an advantage is that Dodge is more mainstream than any of the brands that have a Lambda at this point, but then again, this will arrive right around the same time as the Chevy Lambda, right?

Umm, isn't this supposed to come out later this year? So how do the lambda's get a couple years ahead?