Let Me Make This Official...

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted anything... And I'm sorry to say this, but... Actually, I'm not sorry at all. My mom's getting rid of her '05 Durango because Friday we went and picked her up a 2007 Rendezvous! If you haven't been keeping tally, let me clarify the impact this makes: my dad was looking for a new vehicle a year or two ago and I convinced him to pick up an '05 Grand Prix instead of a Stratus Coupe. Then, I went and bought myself a 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged. And, on top of that, my mom just leased out this '07 Rendezvous. Three cars in our driveway, one from '05, '06, and '07 and all of them are GMs.

I finally convinced my parents to get an all-GM lineup in their driveway!

Now, I've got one more thing to focus on: my sister's going to get a new car soon, which will replace the Grand Prix. I'm pretty sure they're leaning toward a G5 or, if my sister has her way, a G6 Coupe...

PS. So far my mom and dad absolutely love everything about the Rendezvous in comparison to the Durango they had. :smilewide:

Good for you! That is sweet. We may be adding another vehicle, that 76 Monaco or a 1980 Regal Sport Coupe turbo. I think I like the turbo better plus it would be another Buick. If only my dad could give into the Enclave. I was very convinced with it and it is cheaper than our Expedition.

Chrysler = Evil at your place? Congrats though...but the Rendezvous? Why not an Outlook?

They've had terrible luck with the last three Dodge vehicles they bought. They were actually going to go for a Grand Cherokee, but the dealer lied to them on the monthly payment over the phone. When they came in, the dealer told my parents that the actual monthly payment would be some $75 more than what they were originally told. They said screw it and went with the Buick.

I'm not sure why the Rendezvous, but it probably is because of the price. Who cares though, they love it so far.

We had a 2003 Buick Rendezvous CX FWD (leased 1/03-8/05). A couple of stupid warranty repairs, but solid otherwise. It had the optional 3rd row, so it was nice to be able to take 6/7 people out all in one vehicle. The downsides? The 3rd row ate up most of the cargo room, so we couldn't go on a shopping trip with a lot of people using this one vehicle. The 3.4 liter V6 was "okay" when only the 3 of us were in it, but load it up with people or a lot of cargo and the engine was a dog. The tires that came stock sucked and needed replacing at 28,000 miles. And the silver gauges with the light green backlighting was hard to see on very bright, sunny days. Other than that, I found it to be a very nice riding vehicle, came in handy during our move, and was comfortable to drive on long-distance trips.

I did drive a '04 CXL Plus with the 3.6 liter V6 and felt it was quite an improvement over the 3.4. If ours had the 3.6, then I could probably deal better with the lack of cargo room when 6 or 7 people were in the car at one time. My wife misses it (I like the Envoy better!). Congrats to your parents and wish them good luck for me throughout their ownership experience!

Its good to see you posting sNOSage, also good to see you've gottten that Chrysler humping bug out of your system, it seems like just a couple of years ago you were all over the pentastar. My sister has a Rendezvous and its a pretty nice ride, twould be better with the 3.6.