Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Delta Force79

Wow...check this baby out...

19 posts in this topic

I"m not a fan of these earlier G-bodies.... I liked them after their mild refresh. These look like they weren't quite done cookin. Still, extremely nicely preserved.

I agree...I think these cars really came into their own after 1980....although I do like the '78, '79 Cutlass. But I just couldn't believe how clean and mint this original 28 year old car is.

did the dual headlights start in 80?

had an 83 regal wagon. i'd love something similar to drive someday....one with a slightly swept back grill. 83-87 maybe

The funny thing is that it looks like the same color as my Delta 88, or what mine looked like brand new...and not so faded and worn :P

Well it looks like something Bob would drive. :AH-HA_wink: I like these early Regals, in dark colors, with blackwalls and the Buick Road Wheels. There's one around here like that... black with red landau top and red bucket seat interior, with those aforementioned wheels.

did the dual headlights start in 80?

had an 83 regal wagon. i'd love something similar to drive someday....one with a slightly swept back grill. 83-87 maybe

Yes, all the A-Specials got dual headlights in '80. These cars you could determine the year from all the minor visual changes every year.

I agree...I think these cars really came into their own after 1980....although I do like the '78, '79 Cutlass. But I just couldn't believe how clean and mint this original 28 year old car is.

Did the owner keep it on the eggs to hatch them? I mean 1200 miles, that is like 0.12 mile/day over those years. Or may be the owner was too anal to make it dirty, so he doive to the edge of the driveway and put it back in the garage everyday. That will make those 1200 miles plausible. :P

It's so oddly optioned and colored (bucket seats with column shift? CB radio?), I bet it sat on the dealer's lot for a long time. Maybe it was a sold factory order that was refused for some reason or a mistake when it was ordered by the dealership.

CB radios were options in most cars of the day, even my Delta had it as an option...as well as Ford models. I'm not sure about Chryslers.

Yeah, I know Delta, but besides the bucket seats and that CB, it really is an "old lady special". It just seems like some sort of mistake, the way the car is optioned out.

Yeah, I know Delta, but besides the bucket seats and that CB, it really is an "old lady special". It just seems like some sort of mistake, the way the car is optioned out.

You may be right, it'd be cool to see if the car was special ordered like that by a customer or the dealership just managed to get their hands on an odd ball and sold it to someone who knew it and decided to keep it stored and hardly drove it :scratchchin:

wow, a junior high wet dream for me. speaking of, those seat belt boots by the front seats look a bit too erect.

Awsome!

I'd love to own that, so long as it was preserved right & mechanically

sound $8K is a great deal for what is a MINT, as new semi-classic.

My buddy Mike had a 350 powered '79 Regal 2dr as his first car. He

power-slid it into a 6" tall granite curbstone at about 70mph and that

was the end of that poor G-body coupe. The front suspension was

more effed up than Rosie O'Donnell at an all-you-can-eat Buffet.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0