2007 Pontiac Grand Prix

As a owner of said car and I like my car but it is way over rated here.

The main reason I bought the car was it was a good car but it was CHEAP. When they come off $10,000 on a new car from $33K sticker it makes up for the resale loss.

As for quality the interior is still crap but they have fixed the bouncing headlights.

Anyone who buys this car today for more than $25K needs their head examined.

The part of the demographs that show what car was traded in and others considered show why this car needs to go and Pontiac needs change.

Get the G8 here as soon as possible and male the GP a fleet only car.

Here is my rating

Good car but not a great car for what I paid but falls way short in many areas compared to the compitition.

Fun car to drive but not a real sports sedan. Just a better Impala suspension.

Just not a car that appeals to many anymore and marketing can not save it only great changes.

Edited by hyperv6

You can still buy a GP retail? Most people pay more and get a G6.

I laughed at the people paying $3,000-4,000 more for a G6 than I paid for a fully loaded Comp G GTP.

I got every option including the Chrome wheels, Larger spoiler, Nickle Grille and Stailess enhaust tips.

The only 04 option I did not get were the side airbags and still paid less than many wanted for a used GP.

For what I paid and for the way I keep a car I should do ok when we go to a G8 or Impala in a couple years.

For me the GP was a good value in a good but not great car.

For what it's worth the Comp G drives much better than the GT. But then again it should.

I drove a GXP. It is a very nice car and the engine sounds good but unless they come off the price you would need your head examind to pay what most dealers want for that car.

I have a Benz dealer locally offering new C230 sports sedans nicely equiped for $28,000.There coming down almost $6,000 off the top.

I've never been a huge fan of the Grand Prix (lately, anyway), but I have to give Pontiac credit where credit is due: in a sea of vehicles that look the same (Acura, BMW, Toyota, etc.), the Grand Prix cuts a very destinctive look. I happen to believe it is a fairly handsome animal, and that frankly counts for a lot. The fact that it is thousands cheaper than an Acura AND mopped the floor of the Maxima (in a highly ignored shoot out between Bob Lutz and the Toyota Star's Jim Kenzie a couple years ago) is only icing on the cake.

I've never been a huge fan of the Grand Prix (lately, anyway), but I have to give Pontiac credit where credit is due: in a sea of vehicles that look the same (Acura, BMW, Toyota, etc.), the Grand Prix cuts a very destinctive look. I happen to believe it is a fairly handsome animal, and that frankly counts for a lot. The fact that it is thousands cheaper than an Acura AND mopped the floor of the Maxima (in a highly ignored shoot out between Bob Lutz and the Toyota Star's Jim Kenzie a couple years ago) is only icing on the cake.

One think I have found about the styling is the little tings make a differeance.

I have found that by going with the 5 spoke chrome wheels and the red calipers on a silver car it attracts much more attention. It also helps with the larger rear spoiler. that fits the car much better.

I have 2 friends who also had a Silver GT and Comp DT with the standard wheels and they could no believe how many people made comments about my car wle ignoring theirs.

This lead me to look at the GT packages Pontiac offers on all their cars and relize how poor most of the wheel packages looked on them. Most had set ups that looked like rental cars. A switch to a more qulaity wheel and tire package would enhance much of the Pontiac line up.

I think on many GM cars today just a upgrade in wheel packages would enhance the look of many of the cars. Fill the wheel wells on the lower priced cars and increase sales.

In all honesty, JD Power doesn't hold much credibility with me...but, who am I? Right?

Obviously Someone Listened to JD Power :P

It's right up there with the "Cadillac of Minivans" Comment IMO

Edited by vonVeezelsnider

• 3 weeks later...

Bingo! And this is the single biggest problem I have with todays new cars. They are flat out boring to look at and all look the same for the most part.

I've posted this before, but I loved my 2004 Grand Prix. Prior to purchasing the GP, I thought I would NEVER go back to a domestic car...based on sloppy assembly, poor resale, and crappy interior materials. But the gorgeous redesign for '04 caught my eye. Then, looking closer, I noticed the fit/finish/materials were a huge leap over everything else GM was building at the time... August '03. I actually traded an 18 month old Nissan for it!!! My GP was a solid performer, and almost 90,000 miles in 2 1/2 years were nearly trouble free. It was my favorite car, period...and I still miss it. However, the "poor resale" issue spanked my butt just as I thought it would. I'm sad to see this looker leaving the market.

Really?

I hadn't noticed. :rolleyes:

Well of course, I've learned the Holden Cha Cha this week. It goes like this, One, Two, Three, Four, let's sweep Holden out the door, Cha Cha Cha! This boy gots some rhythm, if I do say so myself.

Oh well I better go, my beautiful wife wants to go out to dinner. We'll have to Cha Cha later! :AH-HA_wink:

Edited by Pontiac Custom-S

• 2 weeks later...

Grand Prix is running about 77% FLEET........where did they get their info?

As a GP owner I don't have the numbers but feel more uncomfortable with ever GP I follow with a E in a green box on the deck lid.

In my area it happens too often.

It isd like they have a Enterprise edition GP.

Edited by hyperv6

• 2 months later...