Going to the Dark Side

Dragon

I heard Gibbs has felt like the red headed step child of the GM gang. And Toyota is going after these guys with a blank check - offering a HUGE amount over what GM was going to pay them to race the Impala.

UPS is sponsoring a Toyota - so I stopped using them. Gibb's is Interstate Batteries, FED EX and Home Depot...guess I won't be using those any more either! This is a war that Toyota is willing to fight with every cent. They are after INDY, Nascar, drag racing - every where you look Toyota is sponsoring high profile events and snuffing out the domestics. I for one am tired of it and have turned off the TV and boycott anything with a SPONSORED BY TOYOTA on it. They will not get my time or my money. The more of this that the American public accepts, the worse it is going to get for the big three. :angry:

As a UPS employees, my wife and I were VERY dissappointed with the switch to toyota, especially as we are a Union company. Keep in mind that he switched to toyota prior to UPS signing the contract. I know we are not the only ones at UPS up in arms over this.

We are hoping when his contract comes up that UPS will drop him. He is a sucky driver anyways so it wouldn't be much of a loss.

Wow, are you guys in for a surprise..... :(

Toyota is going after EVERY team right now trying to get them to change over....

TMC is been visiting quite a few garages down south lately......even around here....I helps to know some Roush people... :AH-HA_wink:

Their biggest push is on the smaller teams....

Though they are chasing DEI now....

I get the feeling this won't be the only team.... :rolleyes:

Eh, who cares?

Making never-ending left turns is boring.

Well, at least the wrecks are worth watching... :thumbsup:

what wrecks... they wont make it that far with the quality i've seen recently... there camshafts will faulter shortly after the frame seperates, and of course their crash test ratings arent so good on their cars, so these people we love to watch race will end up in hospitals or worse...

Geez, why don't you NASCAR haters just stay out of these threads.

Anyway, I hate Tony with every being of my body. He can't stand loosing now with Chevy backing him, and chevy is easily running the best out of any manufacturer out there, and has been for a while. I'm excited to see what he has to say when he can't even make the top 10 in those slow ass Toyota's. They might have them running well in a few years, but you can count any of the Gibb guys out of a championship for a couple years at least. I have more faith in Kyle. That guy can run the doors off of a car. If they give him a car that can stick to the track, he might be able to muster a few decent runs, maybe even couple wins.

As far as Gibbs goes, he is a jerk. Bobby Labonte made that race team what it is today, but Joe is always looking for the next big thing, so Bobby got hung out to dry. He knew Bobby was unhappy with how things had changed at JGR, but he didn't do a thing about it.